Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

MSC-PLAC 2019

30 minutes ago, SenatorFan said:

It was close, wasn’t it? 

It was 43-0 at halftime after we let time expire with all 3 timeouts left on the 1 yard line. First half we had 250 yards, they had -12. 

We started subbing in 3rd quarter. Final score was 43-14.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, npatman said:

It was 43-0 at halftime after we let time expire with all 3 timeouts left on the 1 yard line. First half we had 250 yards, they had -12. 

We started subbing in 3rd quarter. Final score was 43-14.

I was actually being facetious. Typed it in between appointments and didn’t make that clear. 

I’m well aware that your school does not run up the score. Have a lot of respect for your program.

@PLAC FAN amused me last week with some of his posts, that is why I responded as I did.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SenatorFan said:

I was actually being facetious. Typed it in between appointments and didn’t make that clear. 

I’m well aware that your school does not run up the score. Have a lot of respect for your program.

@PLAC FAN amused me last week with some of his posts, that is why I responded as I did.

You forgot to use the sarcasm font!!!! Hahaha

I only replied the way I did because I even made a comment to someone Friday night that if someone that didn't know and

just looked at the score, they might think that it was a closer game.

• Like 1

Standings through Week 1

Senator Fan, boilerfan87, CtownPirates, CAS-7

WWFan, oldramDL, Zonefball, npatman-6

JQWL, PLAC Fan, CoachHess-5

PiratePride-4

Week 2 Games

Brownstown at Charlestown

Eastern Pekin at Clarksville

North Harrison at Scottsburg

Paoli at Corydon

Silver Creek at Salem

Crawford County at West Washington

Perry Central at Forest Park

Springs Valley at Mitchell

Week 2 Games

Brownstown at Charlestown

Eastern Pekin at Clarksville

North Harrison at Scottsburg

Paoli at Corydon

Silver Creek at Salem

Crawford County at West Washington

Perry Central at Forest Park

Springs Valley at Mitchell

2 hours ago, Randall J Peabody III said:

Care if I join the thread? Got a slight interest in the MSC you could say! Looks like a good week for road dogs. Give me all the road warriors this week except Mitchell...I think the jackets can beat the Hawks. 

Yea we care!!! Get out!! No I'm kidding. We let everyone in. More the better to keep chatter going. Welcome to the thread! 

Brownstown at Charlestown

Eastern Pekin at Clarksville

North Harrison at Scottsburg

Paoli at Corydon

Silver Creek at Salem

Crawford County at West Washington

Perry Central at Forest Park

Springs Valley at Mitchell

Edited by WWFan

7 hours ago, JQWL said:

Standings through Week 1

Senator Fan, boilerfan87, CtownPirates, CAS-7

Wow! Clubhouse leaders at 70%. Not sure if I should be happy or be looking over my shoulder. One week does not a season make! 

My best impression of coachspeak “We were just fortunate to have the ball bounce our way from time to time last week. Got a lot of things we need to address this coming week. We’ll get back to the basics and hit it hard Friday night. Just feel real good to be in the position we are. Can’t take our foot off the gas. Go Senators!”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randall J Peabody III said:

I heard Stevens broke an ankle? Done  for the season? Be back by sectionals? Just wondering. 

Not going to repeat rumors and that’s all I’ve heard to this point. I’m sure Coach can and will release info when it is prudent. 

Lots of people picking Salem. What’s wrong with the Creek? People that high on Salem? People sleeping on Creek? Creek down? Winds are swirling out of Salem. Not going to repeat rumors and that’s all I’ve heard to this point. I’m sure Coach can and will release info when it is prudent. 

Oh, I forgot I heard that rumor too. Switching my picks.

Brownstown at Charlestown

Eastern Pekin at Clarksville

North Harrison at Scottsburg

Paoli at Corydon

Silver Creek at Salem

Perry Central at Forest Park

Springs Valley at Mitchell

I don't know if anyone here follows North Harrison consistently. This is a quote from Coach WIlliamson following last Friday's game.  

"I knew they would be good. They've got a lot of returning starters. They've got enough athletes, good athletes. They're two platoons. Most of their guys go one way. They wore us down a little. We had four players going both ways. That was a factor. They're just pretty good right now. Hats off to them."

Does North Harrison typically have 2 platoons? 4 two-way starters doesn't seem like a lot for a 3A school. But again, I don't know what they've been used to.

1 hour ago, PiratePride said:

Charlestown 27 Brownstown 21

Clarksville 26 Eastern Pekin 24

N.Harrison 35 Scottsburg 20

Paoli 35 Corydon 6

Silver Creek 29 Salem 27

Perry Central 20 Forest Park 6

Mitchell 21 Springs Valley 20

Dont forget WW game. 

7 hours ago, Randall J Peabody III said:

Lots of people picking Salem. What’s wrong with the Creek? People that high on Salem? People sleeping on Creek? Creek down? Winds are swirling out of Salem. Not going to repeat rumors and that’s all I’ve heard to this point. I’m sure Coach can and will release info when it is prudent. 

I've heard the rumors as well, still think Salem has the depth to weather the storm and beat the Creek. Standing firm with my choices.

So which game was the toughest to pick this week? 

For me it was the Salem/Silver Creek or Valley/Mitchell. Just think they are very close in talent. I finally went with the home team both games. 

@JQWL you messed some people up when you recused yourself from the game involving your team! 😂😂

Brownstown 42 Charlestown 7

Clarksville 28 Pekin 14

North Harrison 24 Scottsburg 7

Corydon 30 Paoli 22

Silver Creek 21 Salem 0

West Wash 20 Crawford County 13

Perry Central 40 Forest Park 7

Mitchell 45 Springs Valley 14