Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2019

22 minutes ago, WWFan said:

I wont get into running the table and everything but I like our lineman. Our passing game has taken leaps since last year. No we cant replace bobby the player but our backs combined (Mason, Pate, Mcpheeters along with WR on sweeps) can replace the production. Our passing game is good enough to keep defenses honest and that'll help the backs and we can play probably 8 lineman. I do agree next week will tell us alot but I did hear Mitchell lost Pritchett against Valley after the 1st TD (thier best player)

That's the thing people seem to miss with the injuries. Sure, Stevens is really good but it's the line that makes them special. Most 1A and 2A schools don't have 8 linemen like that. I only dressed 7 linemen last night. I kept telling my kids this week it doesn't matter who the running back is, if you don't get penetration up front I could run wild on you. I probably could too in 5 yards bursts.

• Like 2

Standings through Week 2

Ctown Pirates, boilerfan87, Zonefball-12

CAS, WWFan-11

PLAC Fan, oldramDL, SenatorFan-10

Coachhess, npatman-9

Pirate Pride, JQWL-8

Week 3 Matchups:

Brownstown at Eastern Pekin

Clarksville at Charlestown

Corydon at North Harrison

Scottsburg at Salem

Silver Creek at Providence

Perry Central at Crawford County

Springs Valley at Paoli

West Washington at Mitchell

Week 3 Matchups:

Brownstown at Eastern Pekin

Clarksville at Charlestown

Corydon at North Harrison 

Scottsburg at Salem

Silver Creek at Providence

Perry Central at Crawford County

Springs Valley at Paoli

West Washington at Mitchell

Brownstown-no brainer

Charlestown- I’ll take them. Wasn’t impressed last week. Not drinking the Clarksville Kool Aid quite yet. 

NH- another Kool Aid reference to Corydon

Salem- could win this one with their C team. 

Creek- I’ll take a flyer this one time. Not sleeping or hating on Providence though. 

These PLAC games are just gut picks

Perry Central, SV, and the Dubbers all make it work this week. Good luck 

On 9/1/2019 at 9:50 AM, JQWL said:

Brownstown at Eastern Pekin

Clarksville at Charlestown

Corydon at North Harrison

Scottsburg at Salem

Silver Creek at Providence

Perry Central at Crawford County

Springs Valley at Paoli

West Washington at Mitchell

Before I give my picks I got a couple of talking points for everyone

whose tearing it up running throwing and catching so far this season in these leagues

anybody got eye popping stats

also who is the biggest surprise in each league

my picks through two measles games is Clarksville and valley

Corydon at North Harrison 

Scottsburg at Salem

Silver Creek at Providence

Perry Central at Crawford County

Springs Valley at Paoli

West Washington at Mitchell

Corydon at North Harrison 

Scottsburg at Salem

Silver Creek at Providence

Springs Valley at Paoli

West Washington at Mitchell

On 5/29/2019 at 8:25 PM, boilerfan87 said:

Silver Creek names new head coach. It is Dave Papenhaus, who was an assistant at Charlestown. 

Also, apparently Rock Creek named a new head coach as well. I did not realize it was open. 

Both stories are on this link.

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/high-school-notebook-silver-creek-names-new-football-coach/article_072464ec-81c6-11e9-b7cc-6bfade3bbab0.html

This is an old post obviously but I noticed the man Rock Creek hired back in May, isn't actually coaching. Anyone know what happened?

Insights free of charge......

Btown- best meets least in this matchup.  Will Eastern go 0-fer?

Charlestown- congrats to the gens last week, but you still play in the msc 

Corydon- yep I’m climbing on that horse one more time.  That being said I predict this to be the msc game of the week

salem- by a mile

perry- getting on the winning side again

springs Valley- are the hawks back?  Didn’t expect them to hang with Mitchell, but they did more than hang!  Too early to tell, and of course the orange bowl will be the PLAC game of the week.  Can’t wait

west wash- geez, you think you’d call off them dogs at some point last week!  I feel like west wash should be solid in this one but that Jon Harrell site somebody posted on here has them losing to Mitchell 28-38.  I don’t know about all the math on that one I’m more of a shop guy than math but that website sure is impressive.

1A/2A Football is always a crap shoot.  You never know who is going to show up and stand out.  

Valley will be tested a lot this week with Paoli in the Orange Bowl. 

Good luck to everyone this weekend!  We have great weather for it!

• Like 1

WW did not attempt to run up the score. I am sure that their staff can vouch for that. We utilized the mercy rule as intended and subbed generously in the second the half. Young players carried the ball behind a mixed line (1st year varsity players that needed more reps and JV players capable of blocking without endangering those in the backfield). The 4th quarter was entirely young players. It was respectful throughout to assume otherwise is offensive. This thread has always been very respectful with contributions from fans and coaches. I hope it stays that way or I will not be visiting the site any longer. 

• Like 2

We are possibly looking for a JV game this coming Monday 9/9.... please PM me with interest or if you know of someone interested. 

Also... we should start posting JV scores. 

this past Saturday... BC 27 CT20 (great game all around and a perfect day for football, to be fair... all days are perfect for football)

We weren't able to play against Corydon's JV team the prior week because of rain? I think? Not sure. 

What are some other scores? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, senatorcoach72 said:

WW did not attempt to run up the score. I am sure that their staff can vouch for that. We utilized the mercy rule as intended and subbed generously in the second the half. Young players carried the ball behind a mixed line (1st year varsity players that needed more reps and JV players capable of blocking without endangering those in the backfield). The 4th quarter was entirely young players. It was respectful throughout to assume otherwise is offensive. This thread has always been very respectful with contributions from fans and coaches. I hope it stays that way or I will not be visiting the site any longer. 

I can say I had no problem with how the game went. Honestly, we have a team full of kids that have either never played or haven't played since youth. Our kids were very intimidated, which equated to lost fumbles and penalties early and we put up no resistance. That's the way it goes and I feel like we deserved to lose 72-0. We played scared and it showed. That's on us, not WW. It will be a learning process all season for our kids and unfortunately, some of our kids have since learned they don't want to play. Some have learned that team rules actually are rules and they will either sit part of or entire games. But that's a Crawford County issue and not a WW issue or anyone else we play this season. We will play PC tomorrow, hopefully we show better composure, and play a competitive game.

Edited by JQWL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach said:

We are possibly looking for a JV game this coming Monday 9/9.... please PM me with interest or if you know of someone interested. 

Also... we should start posting JV scores. 

this past Saturday... BC 27 CT20 (great game all around and a perfect day for football, to be fair... all days are perfect for football)

We weren't able to play against Corydon's JV team the prior week because of rain? I think? Not sure. 

What are some other scores? 

Couldn't tell you the score of either of the varsity games I've seen this year.......

3 hours ago, senatorcoach72 said:

Hmmmmmmm.....seems like I upset someone 

• Like 1