Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2019

We are possibly looking for a JV game this coming Monday 9/9.... please PM me with interest or if you know of someone interested. 

If this is due to players available because of low numbers that’s unacceptable. Coaches have a very good idea in the spring of what they will have come out in the fall. If you’re unsure of your numbers then don’t schedule games. Gotta wonder how much longer they can sustain a program. Hate to use the term contraction, but so be it if that’s what it’s gonna take. 

2 hours ago, Randall J Peabody III said:

We are possibly looking for a JV game this coming Monday 9/9.... please PM me with interest or if you know of someone interested. 

If this is due to players available because of low numbers that’s unacceptable. Coaches have a very good idea in the spring of what they will have come out in the fall. If you’re unsure of your numbers then don’t schedule games. Gotta wonder how much longer they can sustain a program. Hate to use the term contraction, but so be it if that’s what it’s gonna take. 

DT.....that you? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t want to start fights.  Been watching these two conferences my whole life, guess sometimes my joking don’t come through the computer screen

I known some coaches that’ll run her up, and usually 72 nothing is one of those situations but it seems like the coaches are ok with it so what do I know

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PLAC FAN said:

I don’t want to start fights.  Been watching these two conferences my whole life, guess sometimes my joking don’t come through the computer screen

I known some coaches that’ll run her up, and usually 72 nothing is one of those situations but it seems like the coaches are ok with it so what do I know

Dont worry about it? 

30 minutes ago, PLAC FAN said:

Oh I’m not gonna worry worry about it.  Just get back to football.

good luck to all tonight.  Safe and happy Friday night to all

Truthfully.. I read the last line of your post wrong. I thought it was "what do I do now" not... "what do I know" 

I shouldn't post early in the morning. My apologies. 

17 hours ago, Randall J Peabody III said:

I'll bite.  

I was the HC at said program for 5 years.  I cannot tell you the number of times I had discussions with kids about playing, they'd show up, they'd quit in the summer.  Or the number of times I heard the words drop the program.  Or the number of times a kid would quit after Week 1.  We lost 2 starters after the scrimmage one year because they wanted to hunt more.  You have no idea how challenging it is to get that thing off the ground.    We took our fair share of lumps, and I'm not Vince Lombardi.  But I don't know of anytime that a respectable coach has ever blamed someone else of running up the score.  It's my job to stop you.  Even when we had 15 kids for a season I never thought anyone ran it up.  

So no, it is actually acceptable to schedule games then have to drop because of circumstances outside your control.  Until you've walked in the man's shoes, we shouldn't speak for what he should or should not do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Coachhess said:

I'll bite.  

I was the HC at said program for 5 years.  I cannot tell you the number of times I had discussions with kids about playing, they'd show up, they'd quit in the summer.  Or the number of times I heard the words drop the program.  Or the number of times a kid would quit after Week 1.  We lost 2 starters after the scrimmage one year because they wanted to hunt more.  You have no idea how challenging it is to get that thing off the ground.    We took our fair share of lumps, and I'm not Vince Lombardi.  But I don't know of anytime that a respectable coach has ever blamed someone else of running up the score.  It's my job to stop you.  Even when we had 15 kids for a season I never thought anyone ran it up.  

So no, it is actually acceptable to schedule games then have to drop because of circumstances outside your control.  Until you've walked in the man's shoes, we shouldn't speak for what he should or should not do.

My best friend was a coach of a still struggling program, so yeah I know up close and personal how it works. Why even make yourself available for JV games if you’re certain you’re gonna be uncertain about the status of your squad? Who are you helping here? No one. Everyone loses when this happens. If you don’t have enough to field two squads then don’t. There’s no shame in that. Everyone understands small school struggles with fielding a team to begin with. Weather or acts of God, dude everyone understands that. That’s out of your control. But if you only have 20-30 kids to begin with...why bother? Just take a pass and let them move on. Now they have spent another week at practice working hard and preparing to stay home for another week. Play a limited schedule if you wanna play. There’s ways to work around that situation besides just making a phone in the middle of the week and saying something like, oh by the way we ain’t gonna have enough to play Monday. Sorry. And BTW... I’m not the cat talking about running up the score. I don’t know where that dude is from. Thanks and good luck this season. 

33 minutes ago, Coachhess said:

I'll bite.  

There's a flip side to everything you're saying too also though. (everything you've said is spot on btw)... very good post. 

On 9/6/2019 at 9:16 PM, WWFan said:

West Washington beats Mitchell 50-6. 

Bowsman had a great game. Mason looked good in his return. Home against Valley next week who was trailing Paoli 30-18 last I heard

I was surprised by how much we moved up in the Sagarin ratings off this one win. From low 20’s to 7th in our class. Must be because it’s so early on the season. 

11 minutes ago, SenatorFan said:

I was surprised by how much we moved up in the Sagarin ratings off this one win. From low 20’s to 7th in our class. Must be because it’s so early on the season. 

Has to be. Pretty sure Valley Moved up to 11 after they beat em. Most say week 5 or 6 is when sagarin ratings have enough info. 

• Thanks 1

Good one in the battle of Harrison county last Friday.  Obviously, NH was ready for overtime.

Sometimes you can put a lot of stock into what happened in the JH games for each school.  What I mean is the seniors 4-5 years ago for each team played each other and those games can sit with you and give you and edge or a disadvantage 

sometimes you can get mentally beat. Anybody know or remember how these two senior and junior groups do against each other in junior high?

Maybe it’s nothing but especially in rival games where you want to beat them real bad that stuff can affect you

9 hours ago, PLAC FAN said:

Good one in the battle of Harrison county last Friday.  Obviously, NH was ready for overtime.

Sometimes you can put a lot of stock into what happened in the JH games for each school.  What I mean is the seniors 4-5 years ago for each team played each other and those games can sit with you and give you and edge or a disadvantage 

sometimes you can get mentally beat. Anybody know or remember how these two senior and junior groups do against each other in junior high?

Maybe it’s nothing but especially in rival games where you want to beat them real bad that stuff can affect you

North Harrison's senior class this year did not even have a 7th or 8th grade team simply because there were not enough players.

NH's QB even went to Corydon his 8th grade year so he could play.

• Like 1