Providence at Clarksville

Salem at Brownstown

Scottsburg at Corydon

Crawford County at Rock Creek Academy

Eastern Greene at Mitchell

Paoli at Perry Central

Springs Valley at West Washington

18 hours ago, eagleye said:

North Harrison's senior class this year did not even have a 7th or 8th grade team simply because there were not enough players.

NH's QB even went to Corydon his 8th grade year so he could play.

Then they wouldn’t have that mental hurdle to overcome.  What about juniors?

One place I’m pretty sure this played out was the battle of Orange County.  Valleys got enough talent, but they got a mental block.

Charlestown at North Harrison

Eastern Pekin at Silver Creek

Providence at Clarksville

Salem at Brownstown

Scottsburg at Corydon

Crawford County at Rock Creek

Eastern Greene at Mitchell

Paoli at Perry Central  

Springs Valley at West Washington

5 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

Brownstown over Pekin in JV last night

WW JV lost to Seymour 28-8. Our JV is kind of hard to ever get a sense of because we play alot of main young kids on Varsity (McPheeters for example). I will say our Jr high doesnt look good (I'm no coach I just see scores) but development and how they mesh with grades around them are more important as far as our future goes.

• Like 1

Charlestown 27 N.Harrison 15

Silver Creek 41 Eastern Pekin 0

Providence 27 Clarksville 26

Brownstown 48 Salem 21

Corydon 28 Scottsburg 27

Rock Creek 13 Crawford 6

Mitchell 20 Eastern Greene 6

Paoli 22 Perry Central 21

West Washington 61 Springs Valley 20

Edited by PiratePride
Left out a game

11 minutes ago, WWFan said:

WW JV lost to Seymour 28-8. Our JV is kind of hard to ever get a sense of because we play alot of main young kids on Varsity (McPheeters for example). I will say our Jr high doesnt look good (I'm no coach I just see scores) but development and how they mesh with grades around them are more important as far as our future goes.

This is true. Where was the WW Seymour JV game at? 

Also... Seymour is 5 times your size or more, so it's nice to get to even play teams like that. We've played Floyd, NA, and BNL in recent years in FR... great experience. 

7 minutes ago, WWFan said:

It is very rare for us to have a single grade that can carry its own team. We may have 18 playing, but to have the right combo of skills and line and a quarterback is rare. We are only pulling from grades with 55-70 kids in them, half of which are boys. When we are able to get 1/3 to 1/2 of all boys in each grade to play that is success regardless of W-L. If 3A schools did that they would have 90 kids and every team would have a C team. 

At a young age, we start to consider how grades will mesh together (even attending youth league games and practices to get our eyes of kids). This can be hard on fans and parents because they start to have concerns about W-L in Jr High and JV, but we know what we are building for...the future.  

When you have 2 consecutive grades that most or all of the pieces we are lucky. Typically we need sophomore through junior to get our pieces right. This is a rare year where our senior and juniors can fill nearly all the holes, but you have some standouts like freshmen McPheeters that need the level of competition immediately to prepare for the future. He would make a difference in our JV games for sure, but a 1A school more than others needs to constantly be planning for the current year, the next year and years down the road. 

Long story short, don't worry about the Jr High and JV records they are not indicative of our potential future success. 

Our current seniors had just above average success in Jr High and little in JV. Our current juniors (most complete grade level) lost a game or two each year in Jr. High and didn't have much time to play JV, but the ones that did had very mediocre success. Now as a varsity team they are having success. Last year 9-3, this year hopefully better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

This is true. Where was the WW Seymour JV game at? 

Also... Seymour is 5 times your size or more, so it's nice to get to even play teams like that. We've played Floyd, NA, and BNL in recent years in FR... great experience. 

Played at WW. It was a hard hitting fun game to get to play. Our kids battled. We had 19 on the sideline and they had 33. It was 20-8 with 14 seconds remaining in the game. Our kids played hard and showed some real potential for the future. 

To me JV is like my golf game, only remember the good shots so I come back to play again. We had some really nice moments against a school much larger than us that has had some recent success. Win-Win from a loss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, senatorcoach72 said:

It is very rare for us to have a single grade that can carry its own team. We may have 18 playing, but to have the right combo of skills and line and a quarterback is rare. We are only pulling from grades with 55-70 kids in them, half of which are boys. When we are able to get 1/3 to 1/2 of all boys in each grade to play that is success regardless of W-L. If 3A schools did that they would have 90 kids and every team would have a C team. 

At a young age, we start to consider how grades will mesh together (even attending youth league games and practices to get our eyes of kids). This can be hard on fans and parents because they start to have concerns about W-L in Jr High and JV, but we know what we are building for...the future.  

When you have 2 consecutive grades that most or all of the pieces we are lucky. Typically we need sophomore through junior to get our pieces right. This is a rare year where our senior and juniors can fill nearly all the holes, but you have some standouts like freshmen McPheeters that need the level of competition immediately to prepare for the future. He would make a difference in our JV games for sure, but a 1A school more than others needs to constantly be planning for the current year, the next year and years down the road. 

Long story short, don't worry about the Jr High and JV records they are not indicative of our potential future success. 

Our current seniors had just above average success in Jr High and little in JV. Our current juniors (most complete grade level) lost a game or two each year in Jr. High and didn't have much time to play JV, but the ones that did had very mediocre success. Now as a varsity team they are having success. Last year 9-3, this year hopefully better. 

I dont worry about scores or W-L. Just something, like I said, I scoreboard watch. Thanks to that app you guys have I can do that!! Haha. Social media has made it much easier to follow the younger kids plus the occasional twitter things posted. That's good stuff as a fan. 

• Like 1

Just in case you don’t already have it there is a handy app called ScoreStream that is free to download. You can follow any and all schools of your choosing. It’s kept up to the minute by fans updating the scores if they happen to be attending. I like it. Only downside is once you follow a school you follow every sport. So you get both boys and girls sports even if you’re just interested in one particular sport. Still handy to have. 

Today is national suicide prevention day. I just simply wanted to let all of you know you are all loved more than you'll ever know by the people in your life. There isn't a day in my life that goes by that I don't think about my friend. I've come to terms that I cannot change what happened in his life, but maybe.. this post will help someone or help you all help someone struggling in their life. Please ask for help if you need it, please. 

FB_IMG_1568158408636.jpg

• Like 4