Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2019

9 minutes ago, SenatorFan said:

Wondered that myself. I think he may be complimenting Brownstown for not running up the score. Not sure.

I’m not a coach and I certainly don’t know anything about coaching football. So this is a great opportunity for those of you that are coaches to educate me and others about some of the “unwritten rules” of coaching. When is enough enough in both victory and defeat? 

21 minutes ago, Randall J Peabody III said:

I’m not a coach and I certainly don’t know anything about coaching football. So this is a great opportunity for those of you that are coaches to educate me and others about some of the “unwritten rules” of coaching. When is enough enough in both victory and defeat? 

Are you implying something? Why did you post our score?

I guess I’m implying that what the Braves have done all season is maintain a comfortable lead. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Again I know nothing about football coaching strategy, but if I was a coach and looked across the field and seen the other team putting in freshman and underclassmen, then I think I’d wave the white flag; cash in the night, play other kids to give them the experience of actually playing in a varsity matchup. But when you leave in your starters against another teams 2s&3s when you’re either up or down more points than time will allow for a comeback; then you deserve all the criticism from fans, peers, parents, and anyone else that can come up with an opinion that comes your way. 

Edited by Randall J Peabody III

2 hours ago, Randall J Peabody III said:

I guess I’m implying that what the Braves have done all season is maintain a comfortable lead. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Again I know nothing about football coaching strategy, but if I was a coach and looked across the field and seen the other team putting in freshman and underclassmen, then I think I’d wave the white flag; cash in the night, play other kids to give them the experience of actually playing in a varsity matchup. But when you leave in your starters against another teams 2s&3s when you’re either up or down more points than time will allow for a comeback; then you deserve all the criticism from fans, peers, parents, and anyone else that can come up with an opinion that comes your way. 

A team has limitations on when they can start playing the second or third string due to the silly rules IHSAA has on quarters played per week? I did not understand this when I first started attending games in Indiana and voiced criticism of the coach until it was explained to me. 

4 minutes ago, SenatorFan said:

A team has limitations on when they can start playing the second or third string due to the silly rules IHSAA has on quarters played per week? I did not understand this when I first started attending games in Indiana and voiced criticism of the coach until it was explained to me. 

Believe its 5 quarters per week. So generally teams with lower head counts wont start playing till 4th quarter while teams with say 60 can start earlier in game. They can play some kids 2 quarters of varsity then 3 in JV and allow freshman or others further down play 1 varsity and all JV. However you wanna slice it up. 

If you’re in anyway implying that the HOFer running through ship for the Braves isn’t prepping his 2s and 3s and Fr/So for the future, then you done lost your mind. His record isn’t what it is because he isnt developing players and his program. 

if you are implying other programs do this, research those situations before you judge too quickly. 

1 minute ago, Randall J Peabody III said:

But when there’s 4:30 left in the fourth quarter of a running clock/mercy rule game and you have seniors and starters on the field being up or down that much at that point...is that a little much?

I don't believe I have ever heard of Brownstown doing this. I could be wrong but doesn't sound like their program. Again you posted the score from their game last night so it was implied that you had a problem with Brownstown. The Brownstown coach was asking you to clarify what you meant by posting their score.

9 minutes ago, JQWL said:

It is actually 6 quarters per week. 2019 is the first year for this as it was 5 quarters per week prior to this season.

Sorry....we've had alot of injuries this year and I'm trying to forget about this year. Hahaha