Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2019

Just now, Randall J Peabody III said:

Gentleman i was sitting on the sidelines behind the Braves bench. So let’s just end the mystery and the implications of that theory 

Then just next time just say "why does (insert team X) keep their dudes in so long?" Would save alot of the time of reading between the lines

Well, I don't know because I wasn't there. However, I could see a coach  getting his seniors the chance to play together at the end of the game at the end of the season. Don't know if that was the situation here but it wouldn't shock me. If I had 11 seniors it might be nice to let them do that for a series or 2 before the tournament starts.

8 minutes ago, Randall J Peabody III said:

Its really not an issue of running up a score on someone. It’s more to the point of why play your starters against someone else’s backups? I know first hand how exciting it is for the kids that are JV regulars to say they scored on another teams varsity, but why? What’s the point?

Now as for subject...I think I get what you're saying. For me (and I'm no coach) but I would keep kids in unless I feel they are just someone i couldnt do without at that type of score. If 60 to 0 then yea... slap in younger guys asap but I would still probably keep in some mix at all times. Older kids who can keep guys lined up, do on the field teaching ect. Extension of the coach type of kids. Plus you may have JRs who are starters but could still use all the snaps they could get against a good team like brownstown that may allow for better play the following year.  Again.....just how I would do it. 

12 hours ago, Randall J Peabody III said:

Gentleman i was sitting on the sidelines behind the Braves bench. So let’s just end the mystery and the implications of that theory 

I’m trying not to create a hostile environment with my comments. I merely trying to figure out some coach’s logic. That’s all. 

I really have no idea what you’re getting at, but it’s not unusual for teams to put starters in the game on special teams, or non scrimmage plays. As far as having seniors on the field.....well this time of year, their time is getting short, most of their careers are about to end. 

I’ve personally known Coach May since he’s been at BC and been on the field for many of their running clock games, including a 98-24 game, I have never seen an instance where he’s tried to run the score up, be disrespectful to, or embarrass an opponent. I’m not sure what you’re hinting at, but if you’re saying BC is running some sort of Bush League operation you’re wrong.

• Like 3

BC started subbing early in the 3rd qtr. I’m assuming he is referring to Sburg keeping their starters in the rest of the game. If I were a coach and a team was beating me 39-0, running clock has started, I would start subbing as soon as they did. 

3 hours ago, Baker64 said:

BC started subbing early in the 3rd qtr. I’m assuming he is referring to Sburg keeping their starters in the rest of the game. If I were a coach and a team was beating me 39-0, running clock has started, I would start subbing as soon as they did. 

This is EXACTLY what I’m talking about. 

12 minutes ago, JQWL said:

I feel like a lot of this discussion could have been avoided if it was more clearly explained.

Well I’m trying to speak very vague and not be hostile. I don’t personally know most of you and vice versa. I don’t wanna point fingers or call out names. I’m just trying to get others people perspectives on when is enough enough both in winning and losing. That’s all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Randall J Peabody III said:

Well I’m trying to speak very vague and not be hostile. I don’t personally know most of you and vice versa. I don’t wanna point fingers or call out names. I’m just trying to get others people perspectives on when is enough enough both in winning and losing. That’s all. 

Ways around it. I wouldve simply stated "Scottsburg kept Varisty players in against Brownstown JV down 39. I am no coach so I dont know common coaching practices, but why not play your JV for more PT?" Not all tone per say comes across when typing so I get what your saying. Argue with my wife constantly about "texting tones" 🤣

10 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Ways around it. I wouldve simply stated "Scottsburg kept Varisty players in against Brownstown JV down 39. I am no coach so I dont know common coaching practices, but why not play your JV for more PT?" Not all tone per say comes across when typing so I get what your saying. Argue with my wife constantly about "texting tones" 🤣

Hard to text sincerity. Sarcasm comes through loud and clear! Lol!!!! Funny how that works! 

• Haha 1

Just the opposing thought here...

If you are building a program, perhaps there is something to be gained by playing your starters longer in a blow out. They get more Friday night experience and the JV kids they are going up against may be equal to some of the varsity guys on their team. Being able to score against (insert your conference dominant team here) could be a confidence booster, regardless of which of their players you are going against. Your JV guys get four quarters on Saturday or Monday, so it would be unfortunate for your starters to only get two. Yes, the concern for injuries must be considered, but I think it is something you weigh. 

13 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

Just the opposing thought here...

If you are building a program, perhaps there is something to be gained by playing your starters longer in a blow out. They get more Friday night experience and the JV kids they are going up against may be equal to some of the varsity guys on their team. Being able to score against (insert your conference dominant team here) could be a confidence booster, regardless of which of their players you are going against. Your JV guys get four quarters on Saturday or Monday, so it would be unfortunate for your starters to only get two. Yes, the concern for injuries must be considered, but I think it is something you weigh. 

That's kinda what I post up there somewhere ☝️☝️☝️. Haha. But I do agree with this line of thinking. 

Week 10 Games:

Silver Creek at East Central

Brownstown at Charlestown

Scottsburg at Lawrenceburg

Heritage Hills at Corydon

Gibson Southern at Salem

Bosse at North Harrison

Providence at Clarksville

Eastern Pekin at Union County

Paoli at Switzerland Co.

Mitchell at Triton Central

Mater Dei at Crawford County

Perry Central at Tecumseh

West Washington at Springs Valley

• Like 1

Silver Creek at East Central

Brownstown at Charlestown

Scottsburg at Lawrenceburg

Heritage Hills at Corydon

Gibson Southern at Salem

Bosse at North Harrison

Providence at Clarksville

Eastern Pekin at Union County

Paoli at Switzerland Co.

Mitchell at Triton Central

Mater Dei at Crawford County

Perry Central at Tecumseh

West Washington at Springs Valley

On 10/18/2019 at 10:24 PM, WWFan said:

Right! Holy smokes....I know Paoli had some injuries but man....they've really taken a nose dive

I thought so to but if you look at Indy Washington schedule they played Indy tech a 6A school that was 5-4 to like 34-28  and speedway the same way. Also Attucks who is 6-2 25-14...They have a decent team but only 20 player and not well organized kinda like street ball. With that said Paoli is playing with freshman and sophomores and still struggling on defense. 

Not sure if any on this thread are old enough to remember, but Washington had a long and storied tradition under Coach Springer. I believe they won two state championships, during his tenure. I remember seeing a SS game at Washington in 84 that may have been one of the coldest games I was ever at. Washington had a history of producing athletes, McGinnis, Downing, Keller, etc., come to mind right of the top of my head. Many of those athletes found their way to Ben Davis when IPS shut Washington down in 1995.  

• Like 2

East Central 21 Silver Creek 0

Charlestown 27 Brownstown 26

Lawrenceburg 43 Scottsburg 7

Heritage Hills 42 Corydon 0

Gibson So. 28 Salem 20

Ev. Bosse 55 N. Harrison 35

Providence 28 Clarksville 26

Union Co. 21 Eastern 20

Paoli 41 Switzerland Co. 12

Triton Central 49 Mitchell 14

Mater Dei 63 Crawford Co. 0