Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2019

On 3/14/2019 at 10:22 PM, senatorcoach72 said:

-Pick a MSC or PLAC Team

West Washington Senators

-List 3 biggest impact players returning on Offense

• Caleb Murphy #78 (2020)- OT, Obviously a guy with big time college interest is an impact player. Running OZ with an OT that can overtake a guy and vertically displace them that is big. 
  • Charles Madden #58 (2021)- C, The unsung hero. This guy can overtake guys two gaps away on OZ. Super Solid relentless blocker.
  • Jacob Strange #32 (2021)- TE, Big in the run game and big in the PA Pass game. 

-List 2 newcomers/expanded role players on Offense

• Bryce Brown #63 (2021)- OG, Started last year and made a big impact. One year older and this guy should make a big step forward and really help improve our overall offense and line. 
  • Holden Bowsman #2 (2021)- Q, Also started last year and was solid as a Sophomore. Bigger, stronger and more confident should make for a greater impact on the offense overall. 

*Obviously, I left out some big time players and they will be scoring the TD's and racking up the yards. But OL is where its at.

-List 3 biggest impact players returning on Defense

• Not my area to comment, but overall the Defense will be better. Mike Leach- DT, Chase Farmer- DB and Mason Armstrong/Hunter Pate- LB will lead with the guys I mentioned above that play both sides of the ball. 

-List 2 newcomers/expanded role players on Defense

• Most of the Defense will be returners. Glen Rankin will show how much he has improved from last year. 

-List 2 playmakers on Special Team (New or Returning)

• Be solid as a team, give up no big plays or have no mishaps and that is the biggest ST Playmaking. Anything additional is gravy. 

Any freshman or sophmores you are looking forward to seeing next year even if limited action?

On 3/16/2019 at 12:19 PM, WWFan said:

Any freshman or sophmores you are looking forward to seeing next year even if limited action?

Sophomores- Several could push for time and be solid back ups. Special teams is definitely an area they can impact. Individual players that have the frames are Noah Marrs and Mason Guthrie. 

Freshmen- Need a good year of JV. There will be players in this group. Roper McPheeters may be a #2 or play Special Teams. 

• Thanks 1

If anyone on here knows someone who will be looking for a teaching job soon and also wants to coach, we have a middle school computer science, math, and special education jobs open for next school year as well as an elementary position open. The insurance is great. I don't pay anything except a dollar for vision and a dollar for dental a year. The pay is pretty good as far as teaching jobs go in the area. I'm a lot of fun to be around too!!!

I have to commend the Corydon Central football staff (Aaron Humphrey, Jason Timberlake, Joby Turner). Their staff and ours met to pick each others brains. Discussed everything from program development, parent communication, strength/conditioning, game planning, drills, practice planning, and more). 

Probably one of the most productive learning days I have ever had as a coach. Been to Nike COY, Glaziers, College Staff Visits, IFCA Clinic and this was a great day of self scouting and collaboration. 

I definitely think they will be an improved team. I will be watching results and cheering for the Panthers. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 12:45 PM, btownqbcoach said:

Dablow AD at SC. Won't be the football coach anymore. 

The area around SC seems to be growing and obviously the basketball team has been successful. Is this considered a good job or are they still trying to find their footing with football? 2017 was a good year for them but was that just an outlier?

Believe SC is a great opportunity and they should have plenty of interest. Biggest school in the MSC, have made a sectional title game recently and have only been back up and running for a decade now. Right coach at the right time...would keep them in the mix at the top year in and year out. Postseason wise, if things stay the same, they will have to figure out a way to wrestle the dynastic bear that is East Central. 

It's a good job with clear objectives and what seems like good community support. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Caleb has had a very activate couple of months. 12 offers currently, hoping for that first Big10 offer. 

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Caleb-Murphy-126039/RecruitInterests/

Just now, senatorcoach72 said:

Caleb has had a very activate couple of months. 12 offers currently, hoping for that first Big10 offer. 

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Caleb-Murphy-126039/RecruitInterests/

Good article as well.

https://247sports.com/Article/West-Washington-lineman-Caleb-Murphy-working-for-a-Big-Ten-football-offer-131734557/

• Like 1

Haven't heard much on Silver Creek, not that I want to name any names. I would think they have to be getting close to a hire though, going into the summer with little to no plan or worrying about what the new head coach may want to do, etc. That's a problem that can put one's team behind the eight ball. 

3 hours ago, Zonefball said:

Haven't heard much on Silver Creek, not that I want to name any names. I would think they have to be getting close to a hire though, going into the summer with little to no plan or worrying about what the new head coach may want to do, etc. That's a problem that can put one's team behind the eight ball. 

I know they have a name they're taking to the board for approval. I do not know the name though.