Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2019

58 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Why this response? 

Silver Creek isn't winning a state title in football anytime soon.  They've never won a conference or a sectional.  Just because other sports have won doesn't mean they can win one in football anytime soon.  I guess New Albany should be winning state titles in football with their recent success in basketball.  

If there are any assistants out there looking for more responsibility, we at Crawford County have several middle school teaching openings and a few elementary positions available. We can discuss coaching responsibilities but we are pretty flexible. Little known fact about Crawford County, the benefits are great (I pay $1 for vision and $1 for dental and that's all I pay for insurance which covers me, my wife, and 4 kids) and the pay is better than most schools in our area. If interested, please email me at jreynolds@cccs.k12.in.us.

6 minutes ago, JQWL said:

If there are any assistants out there looking for more responsibility, we at Crawford County have several middle school teaching openings and a few elementary positions available. We can discuss coaching responsibilities but we are pretty flexible. Little known fact about Crawford County, the benefits are great (I pay $1 for vision and $1 for dental and that's all I pay for insurance which covers me, my wife, and 4 kids) and the pay is better than most schools in our area. If interested, please email me at jreynolds@cccs.k12.in.us.

And a Foreign Language job in the high school! For those of you that like to speak Spanish.

On 5/8/2019 at 9:05 PM, Coachhess said:

Silver Creek isn't winning a state title in football anytime soon.  They've never won a conference or a sectional.  Just because other sports have won doesn't mean they can win one in football anytime soon.  I guess New Albany should be winning state titles in football with their recent success in basketball.  

I didn’t say they would soon. But I think they can be built to that level. Growing school with a lot of talented athletes. I probably tore off to much at one time and should have said, “you can compete for Sectionals there.

4 hours ago, JQWL said:

That include health insurance?

8 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Yes. I pay nothing for health insurance. I pay $1 for vision and $1 for dental. On the family plan. Come on over!

Image result for what meme

My last job I taught through a co-op. I paid like $253 a pay period for bad health insurance. The insurance alone made it worth it. Not to mention the bump in coaching stipend, bump in salary. Better teaching job. I just need coaches to come coach with me. It's not a bad deal here as long as you can deal with tough coaching. Most people can't do that I guess. I've probably been turned down by 50 people in my quest to find assistants. I haven't been turned down this much since my high school prom.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JQWL said:

My last job I taught through a co-op. I paid like $253 a pay period for bad health insurance. The insurance alone made it worth it. Not to mention the bump in coaching stipend, bump in salary. Better teaching job. I just need coaches to come coach with me. It's not a bad deal here as long as you can deal with tough coaching. Most people can't do that I guess. I've probably been turned down by 50 people in my quest to find assistants. I haven't been turned down this much since my high school prom.

whatcha mean tough coaching?

• 2 weeks later...

Well since I'm sitting at school. All alone. By myself. Reading all this SIAC and PAC conference realignment talk. I'll throw this out there and let you rip it apart. I posted this a few years ago. Merge the PLAC and MSC just for football. Minimize travel times and simplify scheduling. If we could add Tell City to this, you'd have two 8 team divisions. North: Brownstown, Mitchell, Scottsburg, Springs Valley, Paoli, West Washington, Salem, Pekin. South: Tell City, Perry Central, Crawford County, North Harrison, Corydon, Clarksville, Charlestown, Silver Creek. 

Weeks 1-7 Divisional Match-Ups

Week 8 Cross Division Match Up (Each team play a team from opposing division once out of 8 years.

Week 9 Playoff Week (North #1 vs. South #1 and so on.)

Week 10 Sectional.

image.png.10026d8d9393e47da15c7223b9daab37.png

Intriguing, I like it since we are centrally located. Brownstown to Tell City or Perry Central would be a haul. Course only if they both finish #1. 

What I don’t like is Brownstown every year. Of course it would help us prepare for playoffs. 

Doubt it will ever happen.

Madison might be a better fit than Tell City

If only Eastern (Pekin) would join PLAC. I'm not sure they would fair any better, but the potential to do better is greater than it is in the MSC. Would help scheduling too. 

A merger of both, according to the magic 8 ball...highly unlikely. 

3 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I keep hearing West Washington is a serious contender to play on Thanksgiving weekend this year. Echos of 1993?

I think North Vermillion, Indy Lutheran and probably a couple others would have something to say. 

4 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I keep hearing West Washington is a serious contender to play on Thanksgiving weekend this year. Echos of 1993?

I would think this is one of our better opportunities for that to happen. I'm always concerned about our strength of schedule. Perhaps someone will knock off one of the teams up north for us. Just have to play them one at a time. 

23 hours ago, Zonefball said:

I think North Vermillion, Indy Lutheran and probably a couple others would have something to say. 

Well everyone always has something to say. But we are a contender....maybe not a favorite 

Silver Creek names new head coach. It is Dave Papenhaus, who was an assistant at Charlestown. 

Also, apparently Rock Creek named a new head coach as well. I did not realize it was open. 

Both stories are on this link.

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/high-school-notebook-silver-creek-names-new-football-coach/article_072464ec-81c6-11e9-b7cc-6bfade3bbab0.html

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 9:04 PM, JQWL said:

Rock Creek secretly has an opening and hires a long time assistant from West Virginia. Seems strange. 

Could end up being a big move, had a great record in WV. Wonder how many Jeff/NA kids he will get to come try and win 1A titles. Favorable situation to do so. 

On 5/24/2019 at 2:40 PM, WWFan said:

Well everyone always has something to say. But we are a contender....maybe not a favorite 

I guess time will tell. The schedule WW plays is pretty weak. After looking up last seasons results and what you all have said is returning, i guess WW is a contender.

8 hours ago, Zonefball said:

Could end up being a big move, had a great record in WV. Wonder how many Jeff/NA kids he will get to come try and win 1A titles. Favorable situation to do so. 

It will be interesting but they've barely had enough kids to field a team since its inception. They've had a different coach every year as well. There's a long way to go for them. I hope they get it going because it is good for football in this part of the state.