Sign in to follow this  
TrojanDad

What to Watch or Go See Next? Movies and TV

5 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Dig around a little the info is not hard to find. The nation was sold a bill of goods on the nightly news as this thing played out. 

I believe many of the lessons learned by the ATF and FBI at Ruby Ridge were trying to be righted at Waco, which again was botched badly from beginning to end. 

Fast forward to today with no knock, no announcement warrants, a citizenry that’s arming to the teeth as fast as they can and it’s a recipe for disaster. You can search the web and find any number of botched search warrants at the wrong house that go terribly wrong. Law enforcement needs to rethink how they do business, I fear much more needless loss of life on both sides. 

Wow. We just finished Waco. I know shows can really be “Hollywoodized”, but man, WT*?  

Didn’t realize the show originally aired in 2018. Alphabet government organizations really getting the treatment as of recent. 

11 hours ago, Irishman said:

I just started the Lost Kingdom. It is really good. 

It’s excellent. Try Knightfall. 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Wow. We just finished Waco. I know shows can really be “Hollywoodized”, but man, WT*?  

Didn’t realize the show originally aired in 2018. Alphabet government organizations really getting the treatment as of recent. 

While of course a dramatization (for example FBI Agent Gary Noesner IIRC was not present at Ruby Ridge as portrayed in the miniseries)  I believe it showed a rather balanced view of what occurred at Waco.  The "alphabet government organizations"  deserve critical scrutiny for their decisions and actions, do they not?

On to another series I recently started watching "Penny Dreadful" on Netflix.   Not bad,  quite a bid of gore and nudity.

Edited by Muda69
  • Thanks 1
  • Disdain 2

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

While of course a dramatization (for example FBI Agent Gary Noesner IIRC was not present at Ruby Ridge as portrayed in the miniseries)  I believe it showed a rather balanced view of what occurred at Waco.  The "alphabet government organizations"  deserve critical scrutiny for their decisions and actions, do they not?

On to another series I recently started watching "Penny Dreadful" on Netflix.   Not bad,  quite a bid of gore and nudity.

Oh absolutely. 

As I said, I was only a freshman in HS. I am just now digging into my research on that. 

Don’t know if this show has been discussed, but my wife and I just began Bates Motel on Netflix. Very good. 

Imitation Game

This is an outstanding movie about Alan Turing and the team that cracked the code of the Enigma during WWII. 

Finished Season 4 of The Lost Kingdom...was good.  (Netflix)

Now on Season 6 Vikings.  Is now free on Prime TV.

• Disdain 1

Started Ozark over the weekend - Just finished season 1.  Kinda has a "Breaking Bad" vibe about it.....

Molly's Game; based on the book by Molly Bloom getting caught up in an FBI investigation because she was running poker games, and had some people of interest to the FBI in organized crime. The dialog moves pretty fast throughout; but it is a really good movie to watch. 

On 5/26/2020 at 10:53 PM, Irishman said:

Imitation Game

This is an outstanding movie about Alan Turing and the team that cracked the code of the Enigma during WWII. 

Agreed.  And I'm glad it broached the subject of Mr. Turing's homosexuality and the British government's horrific homophobic response.  

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

Not just because Jennifer Aniston is easy on the eyes; she is so good in the show "The Morning Show". I am not usually a fan of soap opera type shows, but this is a strong case. Even Steve Carell is in an unusual role, and is great. 

Netflix 4 part series......Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich

Scum human beings abound, from the obvious, Epstein, his GF Ghislaine Maxwell, other female recruiters, cops, lawyers, feds. Pure scum.

19 hours ago, Irishman said:

Not just because Jennifer Aniston is easy on the eyes; she is so good in the show "The Morning Show". I am not usually a fan of soap opera type shows, but this is a strong case. Even Steve Carell is in an unusual role, and is great. 

Jennifer Aniston classic

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3588268/jennifer-aniston-reflects-movie-introduced-jennifer-aniston-world-leprechaun/

image.png.dc9fe78bfe2ac063f2f9eb99bafdeffe.png

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

Just watched "Just Mercy"....WOW; so many emotions. This is a MUST see. If you do not get pissed at the injustice being done, then I am not sure what would get you pissed. 

Since it has opened, the Equal Justice Initiative has won relief , reversals, or release for over 140 death row prisoners.......let that sink in. 140

For every 9 people executed in the US, one person on death row has been proven innocent and released from prison.

Anthony Ray Hinton is one of the people in the movie. He has written a book that I am going to find to read....."The Sun Does Shine". 

Just finished the first season of “Dexter.”  I am well and truly hooked.

• Like 1

Finished the 1st half of Season 6 of Vikings on Prime.  The second half and I am assuming final Vikings episodes are to be released later this year.

Have completed the first 2 season (4 total) of the old Showtime series The Tudors on Netflix.  The story of King Henry VIII.  Very interesting series.

Both Vikings and The Tudors are written by Michael Hirst.  

• Disdain 1
  • Sit and spin 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2020 at 10:57 PM, DannEllenwood said:

Netflix 4 part series......Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich

Scum human beings abound, from the obvious, Epstein, his GF Ghislaine Maxwell, other female recruiters, cops, lawyers, feds. Pure scum.

Yet you love Donald Trump who was butt buddies with that guy. 

Scum hangs around scum. You are right. 

Edited by TheStatGuy
  • Thanks 2
  • Disdain 1

19 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

love Donald Trump who was butt buddies with that guy. 

maybe if you'd spend less time on those type of videos and try others like I  have below for you.......

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

Just finished the series The Bodyguard on Netflix.  Pretty darn good British series...starring Richard Madden...played Rob Stark in Game of Thrones.  Only 6 episodes.

Also completed The Tudors...older series on Netflix about Henry the VIII.  (originally Showtime 2007-11)

Thinking hard about The Frontier and Peaky Blinders next....any thoughts about either??

5 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

Just finished the series The Bodyguard on Netflix.  Pretty darn good British series...starring Richard Madden...played Rob Stark in Game of Thrones.  Only 6 episodes.

Also completed The Tudors...older series on Netflix about Henry the VIII.  (originally Showtime 2007-11)

Thinking hard about The Frontier and Peaky Blinders next....any thoughts about either??

I thought Frontier was great. Couldn’t maintain interest in Peaky Blinders. Tapped out after 5 episodes or so.

Sign in to follow this