Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Football Players in the State Wrestling Tournament

14 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Any football kids from your school who will be wrestling tonight/tomorrow at the State Finals?

No (KV).

Though KV does have a 120 lb. 9th grader who is wrestling tonight/tomorrow, but he doesn't play football.

I thought the 9th grader was VERY impressive last weekend at ECC Semi State for the Kougars!! 

Rensselaer Bombers:   QB Eli Hickman in 138 weight class, this will be his 3rd state appearance in 4 years!!   

I am heading down for my 1st ever experience at Finals in wrestling, hope to be there before the parade, but gonna be close!!!  

28 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I thought the 9th grader was VERY impressive last weekend at ECC Semi State for the Kougars!! 

Rensselaer Bombers:   QB Eli Hickman in 138 weight class, this will be his 3rd state appearance in 4 years!!   

I am heading down for my 1st ever experience at Finals in wrestling, hope to be there before the parade, but gonna be close!!!  

You will be pleasantly Impressed.  For those general sports fans, who have never been, this is a bucket list to do. Number 1 high school sporting event in the state. Unmatched in the country, some will profess.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Phoenix Rodgers (Sr)  -  Heritage Hills - 195 lbs  

Phoenix played RB and LB and was a huge part of the Patriots run to the 3A state finals in football.

That is a veryyyyy mean stache. 

1 hour ago, southend said:

You will be pleasantly Impressed.  For those general sports fans, who have never been, this is a bucket list to do. Number 1 high school sporting event in the state. Unmatched in the country, some will profess.  

No doubt, I have been meaning to go for years but a lot of times we would be at coach clinic and out of town during this weekend, but not this year!!    No better time then now to support my guy Eli who one of the hardest working kids in 3 sports over 4 years that I have ever seen come thru our school.   

I am also excited to watch 195 pounder Kyler Funk wrestle this weekend as well.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Absolutely the greatest show of all the state finals events!  I love the wrestling state!  Have fun

• Like 1

RB/DB Alex Currie is representing the Flying Jets at 145lbs. He is the wrestling coach's son and hopefully will make 2 more trips after this one. Maybe get the crown that his father was oh so close to years before. Alex kept our streak of sending a wrestler to state going in a down year. For all of our wrestling success at AC, we've only had 1 state champ and that was a few years before I was born! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I've got my eye on a 9th grader who got knocked out by a 13-5 decision in Regionals by the #4 wrestler(a Senior) in the State, but he's a 5 seed going into the Frosh/Soph State Finals next weekend at Southport High School.  

Edited by gonzoron

Kyler Funk of Mississinewa advanced to the next round tonight.  He is of course coached by his dad Curt Funk.  Curt finished 3rd in High School for Bluffton. Kyler said in the local paper he wants to one up his dad and win State.  Kyler's mom was on Bluffton's Girls Basketball Team State Runner-up team.  Go KYLER!!!!

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 1:49 PM, NEIFootballGuy said:

Garrett's Clayton Fielden at 170 will be competing. He was the state runner up last year at that weight. He is a 3-year starter and  2-time all conference player for us on the football field. An incredible kid, from an incredible family. One of the toughest kids I've ever coached.

Clayton was the runner-up again this year. For him, it isn't what he wanted, but it is an incredible feat. He will continue his wrestling career at West Point while also serving our country, another amazing accomplishment for a young adult.

Edited by NEIFootballGuy

On 2/21/2020 at 8:05 PM, gonzoron said:

I've got my eye on a 9th grader who got knocked out by a 13-5 decision in Regionals by the #4 wrestler(a Senior) in the State, but he's a 5 seed going into the Frosh/Soph State Finals next weekend at Southport High School.  

And the guy who won that 13-5 match is now State Champion. 

Edited by gonzoron

3 hours ago, silvertone1696 said:

Cole Solomey represented BIG time finishing 7th along with Hickman. Congrats my Jasper County comrades!

Aiden Sneed for KV is every bit a state caliber wrestler. I know his brother Randy was a solid player for the football team. @DannEllenwood is Aiden a footballer?

Yes he is.