Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

My High School Alma Mater Is For Sale

http://www.maconaquah.k12.in.us/giving

Please contact Dr. James Callane at CallaneJ@maconaquah.k12.in.us or Eric Stoff at stoffe@maconaquah.k12.in.us

Dr. Callane and Mr. Stoff would be happy to answer any questions you have about purchasing naming rights to any Maconaquah facility (below is a price guide). General donations that are not tied to naming rights are also welcome! Every dollar counts and makes a difference for future Braves.

All dollars raised for the Future Brave Endowment Fund are being invested with the Northern Indiana Community Foundation with a goal of funding future student extracurricular activities with the generated interest.

You can research the fund more at Maconaquah.k12.in.us/giving and read naming rights prices below.

Maconaquah High School
Tennis courts: $1,000/year for three years
Football field: $5,000/year for three years
Main gym: $5,000/year for three years
Lower gym: $2,500/year for three years
Swimming pool: $1,500/year for three years
Auditorium: $3,000/year for three years
Band room: $2,000/year for three years
Weight room: $500/year for three years
Library: $1,000/year for three years
General classrooms: $250/year for three years
Cafeteria: $1,000/year for three years
Cleat house: $2,000/year for three years
Locker rooms: $500/year for three years
Baseball or softball field: $1,500/year for three years
New welding classroom: $1,500/year for three years
Ag shop: $750/year for three years

Maconaquah Middle School
Main gym: $2,500/year for three years
Auxiliary gym: $1,500/year for three years
Library: $1,000/year for three years
Cattle Barn: $500/year for three years
Pasture: $500/year for three years

Elementary Schools:
Gym: $1,500/year for three years
Library: $750/year for three years

Looks pretty cheap.  What are other government schools charging for their naming rights?

1 minute ago, Staxawax said:

They had better get rid of the "Braves" mascot.  The PC police have them on their list, although pretty low on the list at the moment.

I know.  I am so ashamed.  The schools and mascot should be renamed to the South Miami Wild Squirrels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

As schools struggle with finances it seems to be a good way to generate income for the athletic programs. I know my alma mater could use it. Sense we are the Argyll's maybe we could get a sweater or sock company to chip in a few dollars. 

A school my wife worked at in north east Ohio sold PSLs to fund their multi million dollar stadium. The stadium cost the taxpayers $0.  I think the cost was like $1500 a seat. Very nice facility. Had field turf installed, which at the time was not common in Ohio (early 2000s). I think they since sold the naming rights to the stadium too. 

31 minutes ago, jfries said:

A school my wife worked at in north east Ohio sold PSLs to fund their multi million dollar stadium. The stadium cost the taxpayers $0.  I think the cost was like $1500 a seat. Very nice facility. Had field turf installed, which at the time was not common in Ohio (early 2000s). I think they since sold the naming rights to the stadium too. 

That wouldn't be in Stark County, would it?

2 hours ago, DK_Barons said:

That wouldn't be in Stark County, would it?

No, Portage County. The school district was Ravenna, right next to Kent. We were only there 2 years before moving to Indiana. Our first year there, they had a kid named Marcus Sanders as a senior. One of the best football players I've ever seen up close. 

2 hours ago, jfries said:

No, Portage County. The school district was Ravenna, right next to Kent. We were only there 2 years before moving to Indiana. Our first year there, they had a kid named Marcus Sanders as a senior. One of the best football players I've ever seen up close. 

...so almost. The people in Stark will tell you they invented and perfected the game. LOL

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, gonzoron said:

It's always been desolate in Arcadia. Nanny government didn't build Arcadia an airbase and a school, then take the airbase and all the nanny government employees away.

At least it's now home to a nanny government prison.  Sorry that you are so salty that desolate northern Hamilton county and it's government school didn't get all that juicy DoD cash like the Maconaquah government school corporation used to get.  At least you have all those rich farmers, staying fat and happy off of those Farm Bill checks.  My M-I-L was a UPS driver for decades, her route was mostly southern Tipton and northern Hamilton counties. 

I'm not too bent out of shape concerning Grissom. Defense is a legitimate function of the federal government per the Constitution,  but we spend WAY to much on the military.  And frankly once the cold war was effectively over having Grissom as an active duty SAC base made no financial sense.