Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

17 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

our guy who has been doing it for 20 plus years for us on Friday's uses ISCORE 

https://www.iscoresports.com/football/

Emails me the file at the end of the game, it comes to me in PDF, TXT, etc etc. 

I then am able to download it to Maxpreps in less than 3 mins from the TXT file. 

Thanks Coach!

I haves used and still use  Digital Scout,  it is the most complete FREE stat program I can find.

https://dashboard.digitalscout.com/Account/LogOn

and there is the app you can download onto an Ipad or any device.  you can keep the stats on the sideline or in the booth.  There is an automatic dump to MaxPreps from this page as well. 

Just add your roster and schedule,  log onto the app, sync it up and you will be well on your way for the season.

1 hour ago, Wedgebuster said:

Is this better than Hudl Stats?  

almost anything is better than Hudl Stats TBH,  I have told them this numerous times, but they want to keep their program in with what can be done on the breaking down of films and such,   there are alot of things missing in Hudl Stats.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

that along with Hudl Assist is a crock   

always found simple errors..... I even had a Hudl rep tell me last fall that he wouldn't even pay for the football assist as us football coaches can break it down just as fast and we will always be 100% correct.  

I agree with that assessment,  paying for something that can be done by a coach in about an hour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WCGrad92 said:

I haves used and still use  Digital Scout,  it is the most complete FREE stat program I can find.

https://dashboard.digitalscout.com/Account/LogOn

and there is the app you can download onto an Ipad or any device.  you can keep the stats on the sideline or in the booth.  There is an automatic dump to MaxPreps from this page as well. 

Just add your roster and schedule,  log onto the app, sync it up and you will be well on your way for the season.

Thanks!  I've got our guy looking into this one as well.

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

that along with Hudl Assist is a crock   

always found simple errors..... I even had a Hudl rep tell me last fall that he wouldn't even pay for the football assist as us football coaches can break it down just as fast and we will always be 100% correct.  

do you guys use sideline?  we decided to purchase that this year?  I agree with assist and stats...dont care for them...

nope:   we have 7 paid staff members:  Each coach has a position on each side of the ball and generally speaking we have about 7-9 2 way players:   Do not see any value in that amount of money each year to send 1 or 2 kids to a TV with a coach who maybe involved in other side of the ball. 

What we do is I have my man from middle school program upstairs with me with my IPAD.   He records each clip on there.  IF anyone on the sidelines wants me to look at something, I immediately go to IPAD, gather info, then communicate what they need, what I saw, what was there or not there etc etc.   If there are any particular clips we can star them and review at halftime as a staff or with a player if need be.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

nope:   we have 7 paid staff members:  Each coach has a position on each side of the ball and generally speaking we have about 7-9 2 way players:   Do not see any value in that amount of money each year to send 1 or 2 kids to a TV with a coach who maybe involved in other side of the ball. 

What we do is I have my man from middle school program upstairs with me with my IPAD.   He records each clip on there.  IF anyone on the sidelines wants me to look at something, I immediately go to IPAD, gather info, then communicate what they need, what I saw, what was there or not there etc etc.   If there are any particular clips we can star them and review at halftime as a staff or with a player if need be.  

thanks for the info...very helpful.

• Like 1