Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best Stadium/Venue in the state

For an offseason thread I felt it would be a fun idea to see everyone’s ideas on the best stadiums / venues to play at for high school football in the state. This can be regardless of size of school, capacity of stadium, or location. Let’s hear everyone’s thoughts.

In the Region, I like Chesterton and Lake Central.  Valpo also has a good one, so much so that Boone Grove plays their home games there.  Lowell is a great old-school venue as is Whiting.  But any place with great Friday night weather and a rocking crowd is the place to be no matter if you have turf or grass...

2 hours ago, QB said:

My personal favorite is Brownsburg. No track makes the crowd feel like they are on the sidelines. 

Caston is the same way, the track is actually behind the away bleachers to the East. You're literally sitting on the sidelines. 

I've worked once at Reitz but it was a cold night and lowly attended. It was a neat stadium but would be much better with a full crowd. I like Carmel and Merrillville as they are similar. The lack of a track at Merrillville makes it unique. My overall favorite is Tech HS in Indy. It's a neat setting, and I would to work there with a full crowd some night.

It's also hard to beat the environment at some of the smaller schools too. The stadiums aren't as "impressive" but it's still a cool place to be. Here are just a few where I've worked.

Union City: always seems to have everyone in town at the game regardless of record
Mississinewa: the cannon across the street scared the crap out of me. It's been a few years so I don't know if they still do that
Corydon: beautiful setting with grilling shelter just off the field
Western Boone: especially when they are good it's a packed and loud house

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JustRules said:

I've worked once at Reitz but it was a cold night and lowly attended. It was a neat stadium but would be much better with a full crowd. I like Carmel and Merrillville as they are similar. The lack of a track at Merrillville makes it unique. My overall favorite is Tech HS in Indy. It's a neat setting, and I would to work there with a full crowd some night.

I went to the Memorial/Chatard semi state in 2009 at Tech. I really liked that atmosphere, and it was a good crowd. Haven’t been back, but from the looks of the games I have seen streamed online since then, Tech looks really nice with the turf and updates. 

Reitz Bowl is nice. Just wish I could see in the dark! Lol

• Like 1