Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best Stadium/Venue in the state

3 hours ago, JeffO2 said:

Whiting has the best view: Lake Michigan and the Chicago skyline.

This goes back to about 1974 but a couple of buddies of mine went over winter break to visit a college friend who lived just off Indianapolis Blvd in Hammond.  On New Years day we went and had a pick-up game with some of the locals on Whiting's field. It was like playing on concrete. Great time but about the coldest I have ever been. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coach P said:

I am biased , but I think Westfield...... When the Largest High School Jumbo- tron in the midwest is blasting and the stands are rocking, no better place!

https://vimeo.com/133613656    Video tour.

image.jpeg.1ad9e9842127ec44c06b6a6e755ae49a.jpeg image.jpeg.545fa841d2fd53f7d4b5b3186ccbcb0e.jpeg

I agree. Venue and atmosphere-wise in the Indy area, I would say Westfield and CG take the cake. Maybe Tech too. Beautiful venue. 

Atmosphere wise- Roncalli and the woods with fog, CG, Bburg, and Westfield. 

Any other significantly strong venues in the Indy area?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

I agree. Venue and atmosphere-wise in the Indy area, I would say Westfield and CG take the cake. Maybe Tech too. Beautiful venue. 

Atmosphere wise- Roncalli and the woods with fog, CG, Bburg, and Westfield. 

Any other significantly strong venues in the Indy area?

Best venues in the Indy area

Ben Davis (massive) 9,500 seats

Carmel

Warren Central

Lawrence North

Lawrence Central (both Lawrence renovations are very nice)

Center Grove

Westfield

Brownsburg

Decatur Central

Many nice venues in the Indy area, but these places are awesome.  I personally like Ben Davis facility.

Edited by HoosierFB_JG
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

All of these Indiana football palaces pale in comparison to what IMHO is the best high school football venue in the country:  Fleur De Lis field in Greenfield, Illinois.

f5XAdIIJBHRs2cgb75UB_Fvzyyss9trC_vMlfSaH

25196207956_a6079005b5.jpg

Didn't Forrest cut that field for free, once he became a Gazillionaire?

17 hours ago, Coach P said:

I am biased , but I think Westfield...... When the Largest High School Jumbo- tron in the midwest is blasting and the stands are rocking, no better place!

https://vimeo.com/133613656    Video tour.

image.jpeg.1ad9e9842127ec44c06b6a6e755ae49a.jpeg image.jpeg.545fa841d2fd53f7d4b5b3186ccbcb0e.jpeg

Probably the nicest HS facility I've worked at in the state. Franklin Community is also nice on a smaller scale.

Carmel so nice. Watched one game there. 

Merrillville driving past it, incredible. Haven't been to a game there.

Reitz bowl big time. Watched one game there. 

I would bet we have as good of a gameday atmosphere as anyone, especially the bigger games. Behind our visitors bleachers is Elm St... there used to be trailers, RVs, buses, etc. that was parked there 365 days a year.... the town has since not allowed that, but on gameday there are people out there by 430pm (330-4pm for the big games)... the cool feature about Elm St is that it is elevated, so the whole street has a great view of the game. 

We will have a couple hundred fans (more for Seymour and playoffs) that completely encompass the opposing team and their fans. It's a great stadium and atmosphere and something that I believe if you are fan of IN HS football you should witness one time, for a great matchup. 

We are 139-18 at home under Coach May. 89% winning percentage. 

17 minutes ago, vicvinegar said:

From the stadiums I've been to/seen the Reitz bowl is the best stadium in the state. Westfield would be #2. I've only seen North Daviess from I69, but have always thought it was a cool stadium for a small school. 

I've see it also, looks pretty good.  TC's from I-65 is not near as good in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

Not many things could beat a cool crisp evening down at Turkey Run High School in the WRC. The smell of camp fires from the camp grounds just across the way and a setting sun. Being able to shake the hands of your fans behind you and the official doing the game at the same time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eschnur66 said:

Maybe this topic would be more fun if it were worst places to watch a HS football game?  Just a thought, but is there really a bad place to watch a game in Indiana?  Maybe a spot like this one across the Wabash ... Image result for snake pit mt carmel il

Have never really understood the allure of the Snake Pit....  BTW, Evansville Day?

5 hours ago, Cheez said:

Been a while since I've been there (back in the late 1990s when my uncle was the HC), but I always loved Ames Field in Michigan City.

Ames-Field-Ariel-View.jpeg

Jeez, cheez (just wanted to say that, awesome venue, but it will never host a neutral site game)...