Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best Stadium/Venue in the state

On 2/28/2020 at 12:08 PM, SAC_Insider said:

Very bias , but Spuller Stadium is a great place for football . Even better with the new turf! 

Image result for Spuller stadium 

The visitors side is a duplicate of the home side, minus the press box. All concrete with the concession stand behind the 50 yard line. Don't have to walk a mile to get a drink or go to the restroom like most stadiums. 

3 hours ago, BTF said:

The visitors side is a duplicate of the home side, minus the press box. All concrete with the concession stand behind the 50 yard line. Don't have to walk a mile to get a drink or go to the restroom like most stadiums. 

You only have to walk a mile to get into the stadium.  Spuller is a nice venue but I think it ranks 4th in the SAC.  Behind Dwenger, Zolner and Homestead and I’m sure soon to be Carroll. Wayne is literally a carbon copy of Spuller, North Side and South side are not so good.  And Luers is the worst. 

7 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

You only have to walk a mile to get into the stadium.  Spuller is a nice venue but I think it ranks 4th in the SAC.  Behind Dwenger, Zolner and Homestead and I’m sure soon to be Carroll. Wayne is literally a carbon copy of Spuller, North Side and South side are not so good.  And Luers is the worst. 

I'd put Spuller up against any in the state. Once you are in the stadium, it's a great venue. The walk isn't any worse than any other stadium.  Spuller only gets the nod over Wayne with the turf field. I doubt I'll ever experience Dwenger, there is nowhere to sit for the visitors............... 600 capacity I believe. How is that even in the same league as Spuller?

• Like 1

I was making an objective analysis.  Yours is clearly based on your dislike of Dwenger.  It doesn’t matter to me at all if you don’t attend or even like Bishop Dwenger’s new stadium.  It’s your loss and something tells me you wouldn’t like it even if a personal suite was built especially for you . 

3 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

I was making an objective analysis.  Yours is clearly based on your dislike of Dwenger.  It doesn’t matter to me at all if you don’t attend or even like Bishop Dwenger’s new stadium.  It’s your loss and something tells me you wouldn’t like it even if a personal suite was built especially for you . 

He said it was nice? 

5 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

Clearly you have no idea who I like and who I don't. The only time I root against Dwenger in a 14 game season is when they are playing Snider. They have a beautiful new stadium and I couldn't be happier for the program to have the opportunity to play games on their home campus after many years of traveling to Zollner. I just can't stack it up against the best in the state due to low seating capacity on the the visitors side. I sincerely believe they will improve on that as funds come available. When they play Snider, it will be a great atmosphere for the students and parents who get there early. But gone are the days of Snider/Dwenger drawing 8000+ if it's Dwenger's home game. 

For the record, I would be quite grateful if they built me a personal suite. I like Dwenger enough that I would be compelled to attend most games and cheer them on. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

I don't think you have to walk a mile, but I'm not a Dodger, err Dwenger fan.   Hmm, different perspective I guess.  I think the stands are unfriendly, ugly, and the big bear is not friendly to the Panthers.  I don't think Zollner is anything special.  I like Homestead and Carroll is just big now, but will be nice.  North and South are just there.  Luers is different to me because I grew up there, so don't know how bad it is, I guess.  🙂  

On 2/28/2020 at 12:36 PM, tango said:

Have never really understood the allure of the Snake Pit....  BTW, Evansville Day?

It made me put something ... I could not find the "none of the above" tab!  I'll be breaking in new digs sooner that later!

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 9:23 PM, Bobref said:

I used to love working at places that are literally in the middle of a cornfield. There are several places like that in the northern half of the state. Perhaps even more in the southern? 

GS....literally in the middle of a LOT of corn and some beans.  The drone picture is before stadium upgrades.  New press box and seats from light pole to light pole now.

GS.JPG

FB_IMG_15831605024101.jpg

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Image result for greta thunberg how dare you

Also if your school has a mascot name based on a Native American motif (Indians, Braves, Chiefs, Redskins, etc.)  the school colors must have red in them.  No exceptions.  So poor Lake Central fails again.

• Disdain 1

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Also if your school has a mascot name based on a Native American motif (Indians, Braves, Chiefs, Redskins, etc.)  the school colors must have red in them.  No exceptions.  So poor Lake Central fails again.

Image result for greta thunberg how dare you

7 hours ago, eschnur66 said:

It made me put something ... I could not find the "none of the above" tab!  I'll be breaking in new digs sooner that later!

Thought you might be starting a new program...