Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best Stadium/Venue in the state

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Also if your school has a mascot name based on a Native American motif (Indians, Braves, Chiefs, Redskins, etc.)  the school colors must have red in them.  No exceptions.  So poor Lake Central fails again.

If elected, I'm sure Elizabeth Warren will ban such names.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 11:11 AM, tango said:

I'm partial to Enlow Field in Evansville.  There just aren't many covered grandstands around anymore.  

Enlow.jpg

Agree. Even though I've never been to Evansville, based on photos and live streamed games I've watched, I think Enlow is the best stadium down there. I totally get the allure and greatness of Reitz Bowl, but I really dig the grandstands at Enlow. 

8 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Agree. Even though I've never been to Evansville, based on photos and live streamed games I've watched, I think Enlow is the best stadium down there. I totally get the allure and greatness of Reitz Bowl, but I really dig the grandstands at Enlow. 

Here's one from Nov 2018 when we played Chatard in Semi-State.  

IMG_1252.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tango said:

Here's one from Nov 2018 when we played Chatard in Semi-State.  

IMG_1252.jpg

Great pic! I watched that game online. SW Indiana has some great nostalgia stadiums with Enlow, Reitz Bowl, Bosse Field, and League Stadium. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Here's a  great view of Whiting's fantastic baseball stadium in the foreground, football stadium in the middle, and the Chicago skyline in the background.

Image result for Whiting Football Stadium

Wow.. I knew how close the football field was to Lake Michigan, but that baseball stadium is impressive. Is it only used for HS games? Or? 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Here's a  great view of Whiting's fantastic baseball stadium in the foreground, football stadium in the middle, and the Chicago skyline in the background.

Image result for Whiting Football Stadium

This is such an amazing shot.

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach said:

Wow.. I knew how close the football field was to Lake Michigan, but that baseball stadium is impressive. Is it only used for HS games? Or? 

The NWI Oilmen also play there. They are a member of the Midwest Collegiate League, which is a summer wood bat league. 

http://www.midwestcollegiateleague.com/home/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

The NWI Oilmen also play there. They are a member of the Midwest Collegiate League, which is a summer wood bat league. 

It's a great venue.  I also like the Rail Yard, it's where the Gary/South Shore RailCats play minor league baseball.  Since neutral site games are the rage, why not include this jewel?  Great sightlines….

59 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Appreciate it. I know nothing about most of northern Indiana, especially the Region. 

I am headed to Chicago in April for the weekend when IU plays @NW. 

On 3/1/2020 at 12:10 AM, OldschoolFB said:

You only have to walk a mile to get into the stadium.  Spuller is a nice venue but I think it ranks 4th in the SAC.  Behind Dwenger, Zolner and Homestead and I’m sure soon to be Carroll. Wayne is literally a carbon copy of Spuller, North Side and South side are not so good.  And Luers is the worst. 

Luers may the worst but it wasn't built with taxpayers money or a rich sugar daddies money. It was built in 1980 and the money came from fundraisers started by people who worked their backsides off so we could have are own little stadium. Gifts are nice but sometimes you have more a little more pride in something when you build it yourselves.

21 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

that is an amazing view!
Is the school to the left of the football field? 

Yes it is.  Our entire district basically takes place on one square city block: elementary, middle and HS.  The administration building has that green roof to the bottom of the football field and it houses preschool as well as the higher ups.  

On 2/28/2020 at 12:23 PM, CoachJones said:

Not many things could beat a cool crisp evening down at Turkey Run High School in the WRC. The smell of camp fires from the camp grounds just across the way and a setting sun. Being able to shake the hands of your fans behind you and the official doing the game at the same time. 

YES! Couldn't agree more. My family is from TR and we used to go football games all the time. Used to sit behind the north endzone. Would always find cow pies out there. Really miss going to games up there.

These two stadiums are not in Indiana, but if you are a fan of seeing other high school football stadiums you need to visit Lahaina, Maui Hawaii. The view of the ocean and island of Lanai is amazing. Also visit East High School, Salt Lake, Utah. This is where the movies High School Musical was filmed. My daughters wanted to see the high school so while they were touring the school, I was checking out the football stadium. The stadium is nothing fancy, but the mountains in the background are spectacular.

Lahainaluna High School.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/4/2020 at 11:42 AM, jakone said:

Luers may the worst but it wasn't built with taxpayers money or a rich sugar daddies money. It was built in 1980 and the money came from fundraisers started by people who worked their backsides off so we could have are own little stadium. Gifts are nice but sometimes you have more a little more pride in something when you build it yourselves.

The money that built Dwenger’s stadium was from someone who has worked as hard as anyone you’ve ever met.   Having said that I understand what you’re saying and for the record, I actually love Luers field. But if I’m being objective, that’s where I have to rank it.  Personally, North Side is my least favorite followed by South, Carroll and then Wayne.  

On 3/4/2020 at 11:42 AM, jakone said:

Wayne and Spuller are cookie cutter type, very blend and no personality to them. 

12 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I think Floyd Central has one of the nicer stadiums in Southeast Indiana. I’m not comparing to the stadiums in Indy or the big cities obviously. It’s a newer facility.

CA50639C-2C3B-4560-A6D0-02EB93534BF9.jpeg

At New Albany ... I get it.  At Jeff, maybe a little, but how does Floyd central not have a visitors seating section?

• Like 1