Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Jussie Smollett attack - real or staged?

swordfish

43 minutes ago, swordfish said:

He has to - Mr. Smollett harms his cause if he's actually caught in a lie......

And more importantly takes away some credibility of someone who is a real victim.  I am hearing that the original hate letter was created using cutouts from magazines that are now in police custody after raiding the brother's residence......  

11 minutes ago, swordfish said:

And more importantly takes away some credibility of someone who is a real victim.  I am hearing that the original hate letter was created using cutouts from magazines that are now in police custody after raiding the brother's residence......  

I heard a comment from an FBI agent on this issue. He said it's something that happens on TV, but never happens in reality. 

28 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Wow!!!

(CBS) –“Empire” actor Jussie Smollett, upset after a racist letter sent to the show’s studio didn’t get a “bigger reaction,” is suspected of paying two men to attack him a week later, according to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the investigation.

“When the letter didn’t get enough attention, he concocted the staged attack,” a source told CBS 2 Investigator Brad Edwards. Other sources corroborated that information.

The blockbuster revelation into at least part of Smollett’s potential motive comes two days after CBS 2’s Charlie De Mar reported Smollett and two brothers — Ola and Abel Osundairo — staged the attack on Jan. 29 in Streeterville.

Remainder of article

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/18/jussie-smollet-motive-staged-attack/

FTA De Mar spoke on the phone exclusively with the Osundairo brothers Monday afternoon. In a joint statement, they said: “We are not racist. We are not homophobic and we are not anti-Trump. We were born and raised in Chicago and are American citizens.”

So we can stop calling them "Nigerian brothers" now......

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Per Chicago TV news tonight, Mr. Smollett is now considered “a suspect in a criminal investigation.” 

You can’t make this stuff up.

???

This kind of stuff has been happening quite often.  Two or three years ago, two kids were skipping elementary school in South Carolina and blamed it on a Black man who tried to kidnap them on the way to school to throw police off of the fact that they skipped.  The man of course didn't exist.  Remember Susan Smith drowned her own two sons and then blamed it on a Black man who she said carjacked her car with her kids in it.  Remember the Pitmans who were shot to death in their house and then their house was burned down?  Their grandson said that he'd escaped from the Black attacker ... except that he'd killed his grandparents himself.  Remember during Obama's first election campaign against McCain when one of McCain's campaign volunteers claimed that she'd been assaulted by a Black man who carved a "B" in her face and told her that she was now going to be a "Barack supporter."  Of course, there was no attacker.  There was also the guy with the pregnant wife that claimed that a Black man jumped in the car and shot his wife to death while he was driving the car.  Turned out that the husband killed his own pregnant wife for the insurance money.  The lady who claimed that she and her kid were kidnapped by two Black men turned out to have taken her kid to Disneyworld having swindled her company out of over half a million dollars.  These are just the quick ones that I recalled, but there are lot more that happen like this, but I just don't recall the details off the top of my head.  This kind of thing is pretty much cliche' at this point.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/jussie-smollett-charged-filing-false-police-report-506146501.html

"Empire" actor Jussie Smollett turned himself in to police Thursday morning, a Chicago police spokesman said, on a felony charge of disorderly conduct in filing a false police report.

Police said in a press conference hours later that Smollett sent a fake letter to himself and staged a hate crime attack in Chicago because he was "dissatisfied with his salary." 

"This announcement today recognizes that 'Empire' actor Jussie Smolett took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career. I'm left hanging my head and asking why," Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson said. 

It sounds like the Chicago PD is asking the same "why" question.  

3 hours ago, swordfish said:

I still keep going back to the question of "Why?". 

Salary?  Most crime comes down to a couple of big buckets ... money and passion ... and money's the bigger bucket.

The Left's Demand For Oppression Has Exceeded The Supply: https://www.dailywire.com/news/43790/walsh-lefts-demand-oppression-has-exceeded-supply-matt-walsh

Jussie Smollet has finally been arrested for staging a fake hate crime attack against himself. Police believe he also sent a threatening letter covered in white powder to himself, which could presumably lead to more (and potentially much more serious) charges. He was motivated, according to law enforcement, by a desire for a pay raise. It is not clear how getting beat up would necessarily lead directly to a raise. It certainly seems like an odd way to engage in salary negotiations.

I would theorize that there was probably more to it, psychologically, than mere greed. Everyone likes money, everyone wants a raise, but most people don’t hire two large Nigerian men to kick the hell out of them in order to achieve that goal. Why did Jussie take that rather drastic and convoluted step? Because, as I wrote a few days ago, he covets victimhood. Our culture fosters such a mentality, teaching kids from a young age that victimhood is power, victimhood is status, and victimhood is privilege.

It is a very unfortunate thing, then, to live in the most tolerant and open civilization in the history of the world while at the same time seeking validation and identity in oppression. The rash of fake hate crimes shows how desperate the victimhood mongers have become. But we need not limit ourselves to hate crime hoaxes.

Consider other recent events. A few weeks ago, the media spun a dramatic yarn about Catholic school students randomly accosting an innocent Native American man. This week, leftists on Twitter dusted off an offensive 50-year-old Playboy interview with John Wayne and spent the day scolding his corpse. Yesterday, feminists got very upset because the director of the upcoming "Ghostbusters" movie said he wanted to "give the movie back to the fans," which apparently is hurtful to women for some reason or another. Meanwhile, a performance of "The Vagina Monologues" was canceled because the show is now offensive to transgenders. I could go on.

The point is that the Left must now apparently dig up the dead or hire Nigerians if they want to be oppressed. They are reduced to searching for persecution in "Ghostbuster" films and renditions of "The Vagina Monologues." They are martyred even by facial expressions. They cannot just admit that we are the least racist, least sexist, least "homophobic," most open-minded and welcoming society to ever exist on Earth. Rather than express gratitude for the unearned privilege of living in by far the most accepting time and place imaginable, they go around turning over every rock and shining a flashlight into every crevice, hoping to find the faintest hint of something they can construe as bigotry. And if they cannot find it, they invent it themselves.

49 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

And the brown guy gets a felony. Nuff Said

It’s an “upcharge,” a very common prosecutorial tactic that is applied to criminal defendants of all colors. It’ll be pled down to a misdemeanor and he’ll get probation. Book it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

It’s an “upcharge,” a very common prosecutorial tactic that is applied to criminal defendants of all colors. It’ll be pled down to a misdemeanor and he’ll get probation. Book it.

Do you have statistics regarding how many false reporting charges are filed, what percentage of false reports are prosecuted,  the severity of the charges(felony or misdemeanor), and the outcome? I'd be interested in seeing them. About all I can find after a quick search is the statutes of some States where it is a misdemeanor unless someone was injured in responding to the false report, then it can be charged as a felony.

50 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Do you have statistics regarding how many false reporting charges are filed, what percentage of false reports are prosecuted,  the severity of the charges(felony or misdemeanor), and the outcome? I'd be interested in seeing them. About all I can find after a quick search is the statutes of some States where it is a misdemeanor unless someone was injured in responding to the false report, then it can be charged as a felony.

No.