Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hamilton Southeastern HC job

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, GV5 said:

Obviously this pick happened due to something outside of records. Maybe he assisted somebody back in the day. Because Seymour has never been better than average.

He was the offensive coordinator at HSE rival Fishers for years before taking the Seymour job. They had some good runs there, including a state title. For him, it appears it was an opportunity to return home and to take on a bigger program. Best of luck, Coach Kelly.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

He was the offensive coordinator at HSE rival Fishers for years before taking the Seymour job. They had some good runs there, including a state title. For him, it appears it was an opportunity to return home and to take on a bigger program. Best of luck, Coach Kelly.

I would think he applied for the Fishers position when it was open not long ago.  Those kinds of discussions are prohibited here, so I don’t know.

This hire just needs the “Great choice” “Great coach and even better person” and “HSE got a good one” comments to complete the transition.  

Note: all of those things could be absolutely true about Mr. Kelly.  Sarcasm is intended to poke fun at the comments that tend to follow nearly every hire.

18 hours ago, GV5 said:

Obviously this pick happened due to something outside of records. Maybe he assisted somebody back in the day. Because Seymour has never been better than average.

Coach Kelly is a stand up leader of men. Seymour fan here and I can tell you that records don’t speak to this coaches ability. Seymour is starved for talent, size, athletes and has gone up a class to 5a due to a 38% Hispanic rate (overall) which we don’t get the benefit of added players. It’s a tough place to be competitive. With that being said- Kelly has done about as good a job as anyone could.

we hate to see him go, but understand the move to a more target rich area. He’s a no nonsense, do your job kind of coach.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, TIFootball said:

Coach Kelly is a stand up leader of men. Seymour fan here and I can tell you that records don’t speak to this coaches ability. Seymour is starved for talent, size, athletes and has gone up a class to 5a due to a 38% Hispanic rate (overall) which we don’t get the benefit of added players. It’s a tough place to be competitive. With that being said- Kelly has done about as good a job as anyone could.

we hate to see him go, but understand the move to a more target rich area. He’s a no nonsense, do your job kind of coach.

I absolutely agree after looking at their roster and hearing that he has connections to the area and is a strong offensive guy!  🙂

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 3:04 AM, GV5 said:

This isn’t accurate. They were really good under Joe Goodman.

• Like 3