Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

COVID 19

Although I hate to think this, but what the general consensus on the upcoming season?  Will it be played?  A lot of other leagues are shutting down: worse yet. would we all be contracted?

Have a great day and stay safe,

G

34 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Coronavirus will be a distant memory by August. Hopefully toilet paper supplies have returned to normal by then. 

Mrs.. Gipper send me out with marching orders to buy TP and hand sanitizer...

9 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Going to Disney next week......apparently my better half couldn’t book a cruise for me down the Yangtze River.

happiest place on earth, right Ly?

14 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Going to Disney next week......apparently my better half couldn’t book a cruise for me down the Yangtze River.

Scotch kills about everything.

image.jpeg.a0934879c89886808b344295f6d70d24.jpeg

7 minutes ago, tango said:

Might be less-crowded than normal.   

Not according to this this article:

https://dnyuz.com/2020/03/12/if-im-going-to-get-sick-and-die-i-might-as-well-do-it-at-disney-world/

While I haven't been to Disney in years, I have spent a fair amount of time in the area. There's usually a large contingent of Europeans, a lot of Germans in particular. So I guess those folks won't be there. 

10 minutes ago, US31 said:

That "ban" of gatherings of more than 100 people may be just a teensy bit unconstitutional.  Just saying..............

Edited by Muda69
  • Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1

3 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Coronavirus will be a distant memory by August. Hopefully toilet paper supplies have returned to normal by then. 

This phase will be behind us, but I doubt it will ever be a distant memory. I've told my kids they are living through and witnessing something that will be talked about for centuries.

23 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Indiana will do the same.  Some corporations already announcing extending spring break weeks + "X" number of weeks.  Next three months are going to get bad folks.

EVSC will be closing all school facilities beginning tomorrow evening, March 13 at 5:00 p.m. School closure to continue through Sunday, March 29, with plans to reopen on Monday, March 30, following spring break. However, we will continue to stay in close contact with government and health officials to determine if it is necessary to prolong this school facility closure.

Beginning tomorrow at 5:00 p.m., all extracurricular events and practices are cancelled until school facilities are reopened.

24 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Perhaps......maybe that will be determined to what extent it impacts us.

We don't seem to talk that much about H1N1 back in 2009.  200,000 global deaths, 12,000 here in the US.  H1N1 impacted young and the elderly....infected 61 million Americans....with no vaccine at the time.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/healthmain/americas-especially-hard-hit-2009-swine-flu-study-finds-2D11657478

My hope (and I think all of us hope and pray) that CV-19 gets no where close to the severity of H1N1.....if it does and more, then I am afraid you are right.  What we may talk about for years to come is the manner we chose to respond.

I agree with you, but I think a lot has to do with our response this time. I'm standing in line at the store right now, I assume this is what Black Friday is like (never been). I don't remember this type of frenzy back in 2009. 

40 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Perhaps......maybe that will be determined to what extent it impacts us.

We don't seem to talk that much about H1N1 back in 2009.  200,000 global deaths, 12,000 here in the US.  H1N1 impacted young and the elderly....infected 61 million Americans....with no vaccine at the time.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/healthmain/americas-especially-hard-hit-2009-swine-flu-study-finds-2D11657478

My hope (and I think all of us hope and pray) that CV-19 gets no where close to the severity of H1N1.....if it does and more, then I am afraid you are right.  What we may talk about for years to come is the manner we chose to respond.

image.png.6c36185b7006b159ae093ea7219f2405.png

• Disdain 1

I’m not much of a conspiracy theorist, but isn’t this kind of what our enemies want (as yes I’m including China) want?  Look at it: financial markets are in the toilet, life as we know is being canceled or curtailed left and right, even travel is being affected (I have received emails from Speedway and various hotel chains).  I know this is just Pneumonia 2.0, but it looks like they’re winning.

13 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I’m not much of a conspiracy theorist, but isn’t this kind of what our enemies want (as yes I’m including China) want?  Look at it: financial markets are in the toilet, life as we know is being canceled or curtailed left and right, even travel is being affected (I have received emails from Speedway and various hotel chains).  I know this is just Pneumonia 2.0, but it looks like they’re winning.

Germ warfare started by China, could be with Iranian and North Korea backing?? Putin may have a hand in as well. 

4 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Disney is closed.  Might as well sit at home and watch Wallyworld and John Candy.

Well.....all I know is if I don’t get my wife on a vacation somewhere next week it won’t be the virus that kills me.

Edited by Lysander
  • Haha 4