Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

COVID 19

13 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Well.....all I know is if I don’t get my wife on a vacation somewhere next week it won’t be the virus that kills me.

No reports up in North Dakota, they are open for business and vacation fun. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Well.....all I know is if I don’t get my wife on a vacation somewhere next week it won’t be the virus that kills me.

I hear that. Although without Sportscenter late at night or over morning coffee, we might have to * gasp * talk as a family. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

I’m supposed to go to Costa Rica next month, I wonder if that will happen.

Great place.  Been sword and blue marlin fishing there.  But aside from any of that, just a great vacation.

My oldest just returned home last week from there.

Hope you get to go.

• Like 1

Western Boone has cancelled all athletic activity as well as closed school until after Spring Break (March 30). 

I am supposed to go on a cruise on Spring Break (Boat leaves the 22nd)... We are holding out and still going... Though with the closure of Disneys, I suspect the cruise may get cancelled as well.

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Western Boone has cancelled all athletic activity as well as closed school until after Spring Break (March 30). 

I am supposed to go on a cruise on Spring Break (Boat leaves the 22nd)... We are holding out and still going... Though with the closure of Disneys, I suspect the cruise may get cancelled as well.

And acquaintance of mine and her spouse cancelled their cruise scheduled for  the week 3/15.  They couldn't get a refund on their flight to Florida so now they are thinking of going to Key West for the week..................

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

If it's a Disney cruise, it's already been cancelled. Disney has suspended operations thru the end of the month. They have a boat leaving Port Canaveral today returning Monday, two boats returning tomorrow, and they have another boat currently at sea returning next week. No boats leaving after today until April 1.

10 hours ago, Lysander said:

I'm calling bullshit, I happen to know for a fact that Mrs. Lysander is a saint.  

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

And acquaintance of mine and her spouse cancelled their cruise scheduled for  the week 3/15.  They couldn't get a refund on their flight to Florida so now they are thinking of going to Key West for the week..................

48 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

If it's a Disney cruise, it's already been cancelled. Disney has suspended operations thru the end of the month. They have a boat leaving Port Canaveral today returning Monday, two boats returning tomorrow, and they have another boat currently at sea returning next week. No boats leaving after today until April 1.

I'm calling bullshit, I happen to know for a fact that Mrs. Lysander is a saint.  

Not A Disney Cruise (Carnival) and we are driving to the port (New Orleans).

The Sagamore Conference has cancelled Saturday's conference wrestling championship event at Southmont H.S. and next week's conference swimming championships at Crawfordsville H.S. 

These events will not be rescheduled.

• Disdain 1

9 hours ago, Lysander said:

Great place.  Been sword and blue marlin fishing there.  But aside from any of that, just a great vacation.

My oldest just returned home last week from there.

Hope you get to go.

I’ve been to Costa Rica before, San Jose and Jaco.  This time I’ll be in the Guanacaste province.  I love to hike, so I go to places like Palo Verde and Rincon de la Vieja National Parks.  Great beer, too—Bohemia and Imperial: salud!

• Like 1

All Tippecanoe county government schools closed from March 16th until April 1st.: https://www.wlfi.com/content/news/WLCSC-TSC-LSC-closing-starting-March-16-568771511.html

Lafayette School Corporation, Tippecanoe School Corporation, and West Lafayette Community School Corporation announced Friday that schools will be closed starting March 16. The decision was made to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

The school corporations expect to resume classes on April 1.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

The Sagamore Conference has cancelled Saturday's conference wrestling championship event at Southmont H.S. and next week's conference swimming championships at Crawfordsville H.S. 

These events will not be rescheduled.

My kid wasn't happy about this... 

17 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

My hope (and I think all of us hope and pray) that CV-19 gets no where close to the severity of H1N1.....if it does and more, then I am afraid you are right.  What we may talk about for years to come is the manner we chose to respond.

At a minimum absolutely! If these cancellations and social distancing are effective in reducing the spread the diagnosis and mortality counts will be lower. We'll have no idea how much lower and we'll never know if they were absolutely necessary (I'm trusting the infectious disease people they are). But the canceling of everything and impact on the economy short and long term will definitely be historical.

18 minutes ago, Gipper said:

This just in, spirts fans: many, if not all, schools in Lake County will be closed for the next few weeks.

KV schools have closed all next week.  We are on Spring Break the following week.  We are scheduled to resume classes on Monday, 3/30.

Community Schools of Frankfort, Clinton Central, Clinton Prairie and Rossville Schools will all close Monday, March 16 and plan to open back up on Monday, April 6.  Spring Break for all schools is scheduled for the week of March 23rd.   

E-learning days are scheduled for the week of March 16 and March 23 for CSF, not sure about the other schools.  Also the CSF Food Service Dept. will provide meals for pickup at three locations between the hours of 11am-1pm during the E-learning days.

• Disdain 1

17 hours ago, Lysander said:

Fly down from Indy to Ft. Myers ($208 round trip) and head over to Sanibel Island.     

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, tango said:

Fly down from Indy to Ft. Myers ($208 round trip) and head over to Sanibel Island.     

If you like fishing for grain fed genetically modified fish in a quasi commune feeling mini-village.  

I recommend:  https://santascottages.com/

Oh and....get this....HUGE BONUS...Jay Cutler grew up very close to there....YIPPIE!!

Edited by Titan32

3 hours ago, tango said:

St. Pete $150!

4 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

KV schools have closed all next week.  We are on Spring Break the following week.  We are scheduled to resume classes on Monday, 3/30.

Tri-Creek (Lowell) is our until 4/13.

18 minutes ago, Gipper said:

St. Pete $150!

Tri-Creek (Lowell) is our until 4/13.

We just got a notification (after our union discussion team and administrators met after work today) stating that KV plans to now open on 4/6. 

We will be utilizing e learning days on Tuesdays-Thursday’s each week, excluding spring break. 

24 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

We just got a notification (after our union discussion team and administrators met after work today) stating that KV plans to now open on 4/6. 

We will be utilizing e learning days on Tuesdays-Thursday’s each week, excluding spring break. 

No typos this time😷

645028BA-0C65-4603-B2CF-37BB90FDA8AC.jpeg

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tango said:

In two weeks; but I am staying on FMB and not Sanibel. I do go to Sanibel and Captiva at least once time I am down there; gotta get to the Bubble Room. It is an absolute MUST. Oh yeah, and the sunsets are kinda cool there too. :) 

• Like 1