10 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I respect your opinion. I agree that the CDC and WHO would be best provider of info. 

Exactly.  I’ll take the scientists and doctors over journalists any day...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, psaboy said:

I would think this is including summer months. There is roughly 9 weeks of school left in most areas with spring break, then 8 or 9 weeks of summer break. So i do think there is good chance they first close it down for the year and start in mid/late August. My wife is a 4th grade teacher and it is difficult to know what will happen after the next 4 weeks. There are 3 weeks till spring break, so my girl in PHM was first told 2 weeks, but I'm hearing now the soonest will be week after spring break, 4-13. The problem with some districts don't yet have e-learning, so that will pretty much equal free pass to students that don't have, will be to hard to enforce if or if they don't do work. 

Yeah...I did not mean to imply that it wouldn't include summer break.   It looks like the CDC might just be saying...school should be closed until it's regular starting time in the Fall.  My question was....is there a way to even start football "on-time" if that were the case.

Edited by Titan32

19 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Yeah...I did not mean to imply that it wouldn't include summer break.   It looks like the CDC might just be saying...school should be closed until it's regular starting time in the Fall.  My question was....is there a way to even start football "on-time" if that were the case.

I would hope so. High school football is the best !! I'm guessing we will know more about this and the whole school situation before the end of week of 4-5. 

“This is just another hurdle for us.”

—Coach Ed Orgeron, LSU Tigers 

My kids’ schools are closed until May 1 now...

On 3/21/2020 at 11:12 PM, Gipper said:

My kids’ schools are closed until May 1 now...

Four of my kids are still in school ... my two oldest attend Purdue, so classes resumed, albeit online, for them today.  My two youngest are homeschooled and, just like on snowdays, class continues for them.  My middle child, who attends public school full-time is basically now on extended Spring Break until May 1 ... and driving the rest of us bonkers.  For my wife and I, we are both with employers that have us working from home, so we can't even "escape" to the office. 😀

Working from home has been going well so far.  Sure, there are a lot of distractions, but I’m being productive.

• Like 1