Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IHSAA Enrollment Numbers that will be used

56 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

As figured my Miners are in 2A..  definitely will be one of the smaller 2A schools.  a mere 11 students from the cut off point.

Question:   MIlan and Seeger both are 380...  Milan in 1A   Seeger in 2A... how does it get determined when both schools are same size?

was wondering the same thing...lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

As figured my Miners are in 2A..  definitely will be one of the smaller 2A schools.  a mere 11 students from the cut off point.

So what do you think? I was hoping we'd stay 2A.

A few younger guys step up, I think we'll be competitive.

2 hours ago, Ridge_raider said:

Southridge will be going to 31.  Wish we could stay in 32.  Still holding out hope that both HH and SR don’t go to 31.  Sullivan is the wildcard.

In terms of common sense and geography, if you send one east, do you not have to send them both?

15 hours ago, ts32 said:

So what do you think? I was hoping we'd stay 2A.

A few younger guys step up, I think we'll be competitive.

We need more numbers (i.e. More Depth)  and some more size to make a long run in 2A right.  Being relatively small in 2A depth and staying away from injuries will be key to any success.  It's gonna take the same intensity in preparation and in off-season dedication that pushed the Miners over the hump to win sectionals..then getting to the semi-state for several years.. and finally over that hump in 1A.   The incoming team lost 4 seniors, and the last 2 games were down to 2 defensive seniors left.  They hated being 5-6. but the schedule is IMO much tougher than we've seen , and will be again this fall.  I know that's to get us ready for 2A post-season, but I also worry about the mental part of the game as well.  I truly believe Linton would have been a player in 1A south in both 2017 and 2018...and  would as well this coming year. 

19 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

Question:   MIlan and Seeger both are 380...  Milan in 1A   Seeger in 2A... how does it get determined when both schools are same size?

I believe it the larger Freshmen class is the one that gets in the higher class when there is a tie.

Same with S. Vermillion and Tippecanoe Valley,  Tippe Valley has a larger Freshmen class therefore, they are in 3A, and S. Verm is in 2A

1 hour ago, eschnur66 said:

In terms of common sense and geography, if you send one east, do you not have to send them both?

One would think, the only exception being time-zone. HH is Central, SR Eastern. While not a huge deal, if one was gonna stay with Evansville sectional, you would think it would be HH 

25 minutes ago, jets said:

One would think, the only exception being time-zone. HH is Central, SR Eastern. While not a huge deal, if one was gonna stay with Evansville sectional, you would think it would be HH 

That makes too much sense....  You gotta remember who is making these decisions...

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, tango said:

That makes too much sense....  You gotta remember who is making these decisions...

40 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Agree...somehow I doubt the word timezone ever enters into the discussion.

Should time zone be considered when a drive is less than 90 minutes?  I just cannot see time zone having anything to do with the discussion.  With them having to move two teams from the geographic footprint of the sectional, it will happen in one of two ways, Sullivan and Washington will go North, or SR and HH will go East.  Based on the numbers in the other sectionals and their geography, I think that HH and SR both go East.  We will know soon enough.

2 hours ago, WCGrad92 said:

I believe it the larger Freshmen class is the one that gets in the higher class when there is a tie.

Same with S. Vermillion and Tippecanoe Valley,  Tippe Valley has a larger Freshmen class therefore, they are in 3A, and S. Verm is in 2A

ahh well would explain that...

Thanks!

2 hours ago, eschnur66 said:

Should time zone be considered when a drive is less than 90 minutes?  I just cannot see time zone having anything to do with the discussion.  With them having to move two teams from the geographic footprint of the sectional, it will happen in one of two ways, Sullivan and Washington will go North, or SR and HH will go East.  Based on the numbers in the other sectionals and their geography, I think that HH and SR both go East.  We will know soon enough.

My money is on both going East.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

We need more numbers (i.e. More Depth)  and some more size to make a long run in 2A right.  Being relatively small in 2A depth and staying away from injuries will be key to any success.  It's gonna take the same intensity in preparation and in off-season dedication that pushed the Miners over the hump to win sectionals..then getting to the semi-state for several years.. and finally over that hump in 1A.   The incoming team lost 4 seniors, and the last 2 games were down to 2 defensive seniors left.  They hated being 5-6. but the schedule is IMO much tougher than we've seen , and will be again this fall.  I know that's to get us ready for 2A post-season, but I also worry about the mental part of the game as well.  I truly believe Linton would have been a player in 1A south in both 2017 and 2018...and  would as well this coming year. 

You make a key point. You can only hope the kids don't get demoralized by a few losses.

I think though if they can just get better defensively they'll be alright. I kept telling everyone I didn't think last year's team was all that bad. Really in my mind their worst loss was at Providence. That was a bit of a shocker.

But we're not gonna lose to Sullivan every year. And we should at least be competitive with Monrovia more often than not. I think we'll be alright.

On 3/1/2019 at 3:26 PM, ts32 said:

I think though if they can just get better defensively they'll be alright. I kept telling everyone I didn't think last year's team was all that bad. Really in my mind their worst loss was at Providence. That was a bit of a shocker.

They did not get off the bus in that game!!!  Down ...what 14-0 by 5:38 of 1st and 28-0 by the 1st minute of the 2nd...  after than we played then pretty good!  I just do't want the town to get down on them... they are playing much higher competition now & the days of 9-0 regular seasons, while not impossible, will take some serious work.. and the town needs to stay with them.   I still argue that last years team could have made some noise in 1A Sect 48.   They beat N.Vermillion 34-7 soundly and Eastern Greene as well.  THey are just gonna have to get better, faster and stronger to compete all year and post season in 2A. 

On 3/4/2019 at 8:45 AM, Miner_Pride said:

They did not get off the bus in that game!!!  Down ...what 14-0 by 5:38 of 1st and 28-0 by the 1st minute of the 2nd...  after than we played then pretty good!  I just do't want the town to get down on them... they are playing much higher competition now & the days of 9-0 regular seasons, while not impossible, will take some serious work.. and the town needs to stay with them.   I still argue that last years team could have made some noise in 1A Sect 48.   They beat N.Vermillion 34-7 soundly and Eastern Greene as well.  THey are just gonna have to get better, faster and stronger to compete all year and post season in 2A. 

You won't get any argument from me on one point - last year's team I think would have made noise not only in 48, but in 1A period. Obviously they wouldn't have been a match for Pioneer...but still...

Last year to me was kinda weird in a way...seemed to be a bigger gap between 2A and 1A (with the obvious exception of Pioneer) than in a lot of recent years.

I know this - the boys have been working hard in the weight room and doing other drills/training. I've caught a few glimpses of them while I'm in the gym snooping around the basketball team. Luke and Lance are leading the way as you'd like to see.

As you said, I just hope the town doesn't get down on them.

And about that schedule...If Linton was still playing Dugger and Wood and Springs Valley, or even Speedway instead of Southridge, Monrovia and Ritter (last two years) we probably only would've lost to a good Sullivan team. And we'd been thinkin' we were pretty good.

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight - and the schedule we played - we know different.

This season coming up is going to be interesting.

THey are just gonna have to get better, faster and stronger to compete all year and post season in 2A. 

I actually like the schedule the way it is. But if the kids are going to be competitive this^ has to happen.

A few more numbers wouldn't hurt either.