Coach Nowlin

IHSAA Enrollment Numbers that will be used

On 3/1/2019 at 3:26 PM, ts32 said:

I think though if they can just get better defensively they'll be alright. I kept telling everyone I didn't think last year's team was all that bad. Really in my mind their worst loss was at Providence. That was a bit of a shocker.

They did not get off the bus in that game!!!  Down ...what 14-0 by 5:38 of 1st and 28-0 by the 1st minute of the 2nd...  after than we played then pretty good!  I just do't want the town to get down on them... they are playing much higher competition now & the days of 9-0 regular seasons, while not impossible, will take some serious work.. and the town needs to stay with them.   I still argue that last years team could have made some noise in 1A Sect 48.   They beat N.Vermillion 34-7 soundly and Eastern Greene as well.  THey are just gonna have to get better, faster and stronger to compete all year and post season in 2A. 

On 3/4/2019 at 8:45 AM, Miner_Pride said:

They did not get off the bus in that game!!!  Down ...what 14-0 by 5:38 of 1st and 28-0 by the 1st minute of the 2nd...  after than we played then pretty good!  I just do't want the town to get down on them... they are playing much higher competition now & the days of 9-0 regular seasons, while not impossible, will take some serious work.. and the town needs to stay with them.   I still argue that last years team could have made some noise in 1A Sect 48.   They beat N.Vermillion 34-7 soundly and Eastern Greene as well.  THey are just gonna have to get better, faster and stronger to compete all year and post season in 2A. 

You won't get any argument from me on one point - last year's team I think would have made noise not only in 48, but in 1A period. Obviously they wouldn't have been a match for Pioneer...but still...

Last year to me was kinda weird in a way...seemed to be a bigger gap between 2A and 1A (with the obvious exception of Pioneer) than in a lot of recent years.

I know this - the boys have been working hard in the weight room and doing other drills/training. I've caught a few glimpses of them while I'm in the gym snooping around the basketball team. Luke and Lance are leading the way as you'd like to see.

As you said, I just hope the town doesn't get down on them.

And about that schedule...If Linton was still playing Dugger and Wood and Springs Valley, or even Speedway instead of Southridge, Monrovia and Ritter (last two years) we probably only would've lost to a good Sullivan team. And we'd been thinkin' we were pretty good.

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight - and the schedule we played - we know different.

This season coming up is going to be interesting.

THey are just gonna have to get better, faster and stronger to compete all year and post season in 2A. 

I actually like the schedule the way it is. But if the kids are going to be competitive this^ has to happen.

A few more numbers wouldn't hurt either.