Jump to content
DT

Corona Could Lead to Contraction Acceleration

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Robert said:

Nope, I've studied it extensively.  They often inherited it or were in the right place at the right time.   I'm not demanding they share anything with me.  I'm telling you that very few families, and even churches,  have controlled the world for a long time.  It's changing slowly, but surely.  As the white population shrinks across the world, things will change tremendously.  I'm not asking you to believe me, but you can certainly research it from good, sound institutions, not places with an agenda.  I suppose I'm thinking power/wealth together. 

I had a nice upbringing as I was privileged.  But you know what?  I feel no sense of entitlement, I bust my butt for everything.  It actually makes me work harder.

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Robert said:

Nope, I've studied it extensively.  

Will you please share with us the source material(s) you used for your studies?

11 hours ago, Robert said:

They often inherited it or were in the right place at the right time.   

So?  I was raised with the mantra "The world's not fair.  Get used to it.  Make you own success."   So the achievements and monetary success of someone like Bill Gates should be diminished because he was one of those who were in the right place at the right time?  Or maybe he had the foresight and intelligence to see this little thing, in its infancy, called the "personal computer" was going to change the world?

As for inheritance again so what?  Shouldn't an individual get to choose to whom they give the money/resources that they own and control?  What business is that of government?

11 hours ago, Robert said:

As the white population shrinks across the world, things will change tremendously. 

How so?  Are you sure that these non-white entrepreneurs and businessmen will not just take their place among the "small families" that you so deride?

 

  • Disdain 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How again is all of this related to football?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gipper said:

I had a nice upbringing as I was privileged.  But you know what?  I feel no sense of entitlement, I bust my butt for everything.  It actually makes me work harder.

I'm thinking more of the generational wealthy and royalty and the large churches of the world.  I am by no means putting anyone down who works hard.  I know a few-- trust fund babies who work very hard.  

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

How again is all of this related to football?

Simply ignore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Will you please share with us the source material(s) you used for your studies?

So?  I was raised with the mantra "The world's not fair.  Get used to it.  Make you own success."   So the achievements and monetary success of someone like Bill Gates should be diminished because he was one of those who were in the right place at the right time?  Or maybe he had the foresight and intelligence to see this little thing, in its infancy, called the "personal computer" was going to change the world?

As for inheritance again so what?  Shouldn't an individual get to choose to whom they give the money/resources that they own and control?  What business is that of government?

How so?  Are you sure that these non-white entrepreneurs and businessmen will not just take their place among the "small families" that you so deride?

 

You can take some history courses, too.  Of course, you might want to take them at a private university.  

Nobody's work is diminished.  He does very good things and doesn't horde his ideas, nor his wealth, so it seems.   My parents never told me the world wasn't fair.  They told me to do the best I can, visit the world, do what I would like to do, be kind, and to be respectful....among other things.

Absolutely, one should choose.  But in a capitalistic society, one has to play within the capitalistic rules set up by that government.  Some say China is communist, some say socialist, some say fascist, but there is a lot of capitalism happening in their ranks.  I think large churches are communist or socialist, but you don't see their members saying that, but when members need help, the churches shut their doors more often than not.  Small, local churches help until it hurts.  Simple observations.  

As usual, we're more alike than we're different, we just have different ways of perceiving things and communicating.

i'm not deriding as much as stating that they are controlling/monopolistic, the antithesis of capitalism.   From living in Latin America, I can tell you that from my experience and perspective, the racism, sexism, classism, and other isms are worse.  I'm not sure about Asia, but here that they could be. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Robert said:

I'm thinking more of the generational wealthy and royalty and the large churches of the world.  I am by no means putting anyone down who works hard.  I know a few-- trust fund babies who work very hard.  

Simply ignore.

All I can do.  This wasn’t directed at you, Robert.  But I bet you know who it was...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks DT for this post. Man did it derail. 
 

There is a club on GID for non-football related topics....

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So?  I was raised with the mantra "The world's not fair.  Get used to it.  Make you own success."   So the achievements and monetary success of someone like Bill Gates should be diminished because he was one of those who were in the right place at the right time?  Or maybe he had the foresight and intelligence to see this little thing, in its infancy, called the "personal computer" was going to change the world?

Why of all of the human beings on planet Earth do you pick BILL GATES to idolize? Gates did squat for the PC; MS-DOS was the cheaper OS for the PC. Even then, MS-DOS wasn't original- it's a clone of CP/M, which another company developed. 

  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Thanks DT for this post. Man did it derail. 
 

There is a club on GID for non-football related topics....

I just go with the flow.  I don't think contraction is needed.  Kids want to represent their schools.  Let the kids be kids.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Why of all of the human beings on planet Earth do you pick BILL GATES to idolize? Gates did squat for the PC; MS-DOS was the cheaper OS for the PC. Even then, MS-DOS wasn't original- it's a clone of CP/M, which another company developed. 

Now, you’re playing chess...

22 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Thanks DT for this post. Man did it derail. 
 

There is a club on GID for non-football related topics....

No kidding.   Like most people on here, I love football.  It should be played and enjoyed by all who desire to do so. 
 

Case closed.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robert said:

You can take some history courses, too.  Of course, you might want to take them at a private university.  

Nobody's work is diminished.  He does very good things and doesn't horde his ideas, nor his wealth, so it seems.   My parents never told me the world wasn't fair.  They told me to do the best I can, visit the world, do what I would like to do, be kind, and to be respectful....among other things.

Absolutely, one should choose.  But in a capitalistic society, one has to play within the capitalistic rules set up by that government.  Some say China is communist, some say socialist, some say fascist, but there is a lot of capitalism happening in their ranks.  I think large churches are communist or socialist, but you don't see their members saying that, but when members need help, the churches shut their doors more often than not.  Small, local churches help until it hurts.  Simple observations.  

As usual, we're more alike than we're different, we just have different ways of perceiving things and communicating.

i'm not deriding as much as stating that they are controlling/monopolistic, the antithesis of capitalism.   From living in Latin America, I can tell you that from my experience and perspective, the racism, sexism, classism, and other isms are worse.  I'm not sure about Asia, but here that they could be. 

 

 

Hear, not here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Robert said:

Hear, not here. 

Asia could be tough.  So many different cultures...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robert said:

I just go with the flow.  I don't think contraction is needed.  Kids want to represent their schools.  Let the kids be kids.  

Contraction isn’t needed.  But even if it was, it wouldn’t be up to us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Why of all of the human beings on planet Earth do you pick BILL GATES to idolize? Gates did squat for the PC; MS-DOS was the cheaper OS for the PC. Even then, MS-DOS wasn't original- it's a clone of CP/M, which another company developed. 

Bullshit and you know it.  Read your history.  Who wrote the first viable BASIC for the Altair and the 6502 microprocessor?  Mr. Gates and Mr. Allen did.  And Mr. Gates was smart enough to make a savvy acquisition,  86-DOS – owned by Seattle Computer Products and written by Tim Paterson,  and rename is MS-DOS.

Sorry that you deride any individual who shows real intelligence and business acumen.  But they again you are a champion of the "race to the bottom" paradigm.

 

 

 

 

  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

And Mr. Gates was smart enough to make a savvy acquisition,  86-DOS – owned by Seattle Computer Products and written by Tim Paterson,  and rename is MS-DOS.

It says a lot about your character to see how much you value a charlatan and shyster like Bill Gates.

  • Like 1
  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

It says a lot about your character to see how much you value a charlatan and shyster like Bill Gates.

No, Chief. It says a lot about yours that don't choose to recognize technical talent and business intelligence.

You want a real tech charlatan and shyster?  Try the late Steve Jobs. His success was built on the back of primarily one brilliant and graceful individual:  Steve Wozniak.

 

 

 

  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gipper said:

What about Paul Allen?

What about the late Mr. Allen?

 

  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DanteEstonia said:

It says a lot about your character to see how much you value a charlatan and shyster like Bill Gates.

Surely President Obama would never give out a Presidential Medal of Freedom to a charlatan and shyster.......

Facts seem to be overrated in your thought process Dante......

Gates.JPG

  • Like 1
  • Kill me now 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All politics aside, I do not think that the coronavirus will speed up contraction (At least I hope). I think all schools are negatively being impacted and I saw a post on Twitter about this football season will be where we really see who is committed to being a champion and doing the right thing when NO ONE is watching. I certainly feel for the Seniors now and the juniors (future seniors next year) have a tough task ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

Surely President Obama would never give out a Presidential Medal of Freedom to a charlatan and shyster.......

Facts seem to be overrated in your thought process Dante......

Gates.JPG

This wasn’t a Democrat/Republican thing, but okay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Coach Hanson said:

All politics aside, I do not think that the coronavirus will speed up contraction (At least I hope). I think all schools are negatively being impacted and I saw a post on Twitter about this football season will be where we really see who is committed to being a champion and doing the right thing when NO ONE is watching. I certainly feel for the Seniors now and the juniors (future seniors next year) have a tough task ahead.

Interesting comment.

Football is a very social game.  KIds like to play with their buddies and friends.

Perhaps this situation will push more athletes towards individual sports.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DT said:

Interesting comment.

Football is a very social game.  KIds like to play with their buddies and friends.

Perhaps this situation will push more athletes towards individual sports.

 

 

This could definitely push more kids to individual sports such as wrestling but I still think that it won’t dramatically change football numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Coach Hanson said:

This could definitely push more kids to individual sports such as wrestling but I still think that it won’t dramatically change football numbers. 

Football numbers are already in decline.  That ship left the port long ago my friend.  I would like to see 20 or 30 of the weaker programs in the state fold up their tents and create new opportunities for other students to take part in.

This is the perfect time for ADs and admins to blame outside influences for the cancellation of their football programs.  Its really an easy out and not at all difficult to sell to parents and communities.

If my school is 3-38 over the past 4 seasons, perhaps there are more pressing issues at hand than continuing on with this type of performance.

This could help us get to the targeted 280 much quicker than originally forecasted.

Edited by DT
  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DT said:

Football numbers are already in decline.  That ship left the port long ago my friend.  I would like to see 20 or 30 of the weaker programs in the state fold up their tents and create new opportunities for other students to take part in.

This is the perfect time for ADs and admins to blame outside influences for the cancellation of their football programs.  Its really an easy out and not at all difficult to sell to parents and communities.

If my school is 3-38 over the past 4 seasons, perhaps there are more pressing issues at hand than continuing on with this type of performance.

This could help us get to the targeted 280 much quicker than originally forecasted.

Your logic as far as a spectator makes sense but I still really think that every school should should deserve the opportunity to compete no matter what their talent is. Imagine a school that is 0-9 that has 1 division 1 athlete and 1 d3 athlete coming up, they could easily be 3-6 the next season or a 4-5 team. I enjoy the conversation but there is always going to be someone on the bottom. 

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...