Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Tom Brady says thank you and goodbye to New England Patriots

Muda69

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/sport/tom-brady-leave-new-england-spt-intl/index.html

Tom Brady, widely regarded as the greatest quarterback in history, has said he will not be re-signing with the New England Patriots, ending one of the most successful partnerships in sports.

The 42-year-old has spent his entire NFL career with the Patriots, leading the franchise to six Super Bowl championships.
"I don't know what my football future holds but it is time for me to open a new stage," Brady posted on his social media accounts, in a statement entitled "Forever a Patriot."

Brady, who turns 43 this summer, will become an unrestricted free agent when free agency opens on Wednesday.

Colts bound.

Crazy times. Sad to see him leave New England, but really think it is best for both sides. BB will be able to rebuild around a QB on a rookie contract making less than a million bucks the next 3 years. Brady will be able to make the money he is deserved for a couple years. And he gets to play with much better weapons than New England could afford to get this year. I don't think the offense fits him the way they ran things last year, but I'm sure he will have a large say in play calling and game planning. 

Very curious to see if Antonio Brown tries to get in the door with the Bucs...wouldn't surprise me to see Arians give him another shot. 

• 1 year later...