Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Positive Thread-favorite game

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

1A....November 25, 2006; the AAAA State Championship game. Cathedral defeated Concord 38-14

1B.....November 24, 1984; the AAAA State Championship game. Warren Central beat Hobart 28-8. It was the first year the finals were in the dome; so that was pretty cool. While it was fun winning a title as a player and will always be a special memory, I still feel that coaching young men through a State title was far more rewarding for me. 

3. September 13, 2013 New Haven at Carroll. Dru Tranquil and Jordan Hogue were seniors. It was a great game that was back and forth all night. The place was packed and the atmosphere was tremendous. Hogue put himself in late as a punt returner. We were trailing Carroll as we forced them to punt. Hogue returned the punt for the go ahead score, and we were able to hang on for the win. It has been rare I have seen a player put a team on his back like Hogue did. On top of that return, he also had two picks, including one in the end zone as Carroll was driving. 

Great memories!  

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 5:55 PM, psaboy said:

Well, for me as a fan had to be Snider vs New Pal in the 5A title game in 2015. Snider pours it on in first half and New Pal answers in second half. I really thought Snider would lose that game. Second favorite game, 1986 Snider vs Carmel, one heck of a matchup, I loved watching Dunbar run the seasons he played. 

Even though we lost that '15 title game its definitely at or near the top of my list.  Insane performance from Neligh for New Pal and a completely crazy 4th quarter. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

Even though we lost that '15 title game its definitely at or near the top of my list.  Insane performance from Neligh for New Pal and a completely crazy 4th quarter. 

Crazy game it was. He was really good, is he still at U Indy and does he play??

31 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Crazy game it was. He was really good, is he still at U Indy and does he play??

I believe he's still enrolled at UIndy but he quit football altogether after his freshman year.  It's my understanding he just lost the love of the game.  But he was an assistant coach for New Pal this past season, coaching the QBs.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 5:55 PM, psaboy said:

Well, for me as a fan had to be Snider vs New Pal in the 5A title game in 2015. Snider pours it on in first half and New Pal answers in second half. I really thought Snider would lose that game. Second favorite game, 1986 Snider vs Carmel, one heck of a matchup, I loved watching Dunbar run the seasons he played. 

It's fun re-watching that game. I tend to forget how great Dunbar was. Maybe the best back ever to come out of Indiana. He was never quite the same after his knee injury in his second season with the Saints.

The Carmel game was just disappointing. Snider shot themselves in the foot with unforced errors. It still took overtime for Carmel to defeat them. Best team in the state that year, but will never get the credit for it. 

Favorite game: 2002 vs Homestead. Second round of sectionals. Snider had a bye week and was 9-0. Homestead had just dismantled Marion 65-0 and was 10-0. Snider wins on a last second field goal 23-21. I thought Homestead was the best team in the north that year, but Snider had two weeks to prepare. Snider ended up bowing out to the Giants at state 31-7. Maybe one of Snider's best 10 teams of all time, but definitely not top 5. 

Second favorite game: Snider 23, Warsaw 20 in OT (2001). Warsaw knew they had to put their best foot forward to take out Snider. But I think they really wanted Penn that year. The year before, the Kingsmen took them out 10-7 at Freed Field. Warsaw had one of the most imposing offensive lines I've ever seen at the high school level. They bullied their way to a 14-0 lead, but Snider was persistent. Warsaw led the entire game until Snider kicked a field goal in overtime. Snider went on to wax Homestead and Carmel. Then got waxed themselves by Valpo. I often wonder it Warsaw was the best team in the north that year. Did they overlook Snider? 

• Like 1

Region All Time Classic - Andrean at Griffith 2004 Sectional Championship (Also known as "4th and 26") 

Andrean down by 35-28 with about 2 minutes left. Andrean has a 4 and 26 from Griffith 40-45 yard line. Tommy Finn to Jake Kocal for TD. Koch somehow got behind Griffith's prevent defense. Then to top this off, Coach St. Germain lines up for tying XP kick and fakes with an run option with Finn to Kocal for 2. Win 36-35. Griffith was stunned!

What made this game great was not just the end but it was a "slobberknocker" between two teams that absolutely hated each other. A back and forth game between two excellent football teams with great athletes on both teams and  two outstanding coaches; Saint vs Radtke. Packed house at Griffith with their fans yelling things at us Ive never heard before. I learned things about my mother that I never knew before. Great environment.

Andrean went on to win State vs Heritage Hills 21-14.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 9:57 AM, dmizers3 said:

Coach Ralph is counting down the top 25 moments since he's been at New Pal, this was #10 posted today

Certainly one of the greatest games of all time. I just don't call it one of my favorites. There's nothing fun about losing a 28 point lead and having 35 unanswered dropped on you in the process (if I remember correctly the score went from 42-14 to 42-49). To me there is nothing more disappointing than having a lead and losing it. 

Danville @ Chatard 2002 Sectional Final Game.  Danville Scores late and goes for 2 and the win gets stopped

Webo/Eastbrook 2018 2A State Championship Game

Webo/Eastbrook 2019 2A State Championship Game

Danville @ Evansville Mater Dei 1999 Semi State Game

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Danville @ Chatard 2002 Sectional Final Game.  Danville Scores late and goes for 2 and the win gets stopped

Webo/Eastbrook 2018 2A State Championship Game

Webo/Eastbrook 2019 2A State Championship Game

Danville @ Evansville Mater Dei 1999 Semi State Game

Just so happens this was one of my very favorite games, too. Both teams 11-0, ranked #1 & #2. They brought our crew all the way down from the Region for this sectional final, which was unheard of. Just a brutal, physical game. Danville made a furious 4th quarter comeback using, of all things, a passing attack. They were basically a 100% option attack at the time. Scored with just a few seconds left and, to their credit, went for the win and didn’t get it. Unbelievable atmosphere and the type of effort from both teams that you don’t see but a few times in a career. One of my top 5, for sure.

• Like 1

2009 Mishawaka vs Penn 

One of the state's best rivalries even though it's not scheduled to be played going forward (Thanks Penn!). Penn had gone 29 years without losing to Mishawaka, or any NIC team.  I'd seen Mishawaka come close on a couple of occasions but things changed when Bart Curtis came to Mishawaka.  After a year of the Cavemen learning to play Bart Ball in 2008, Mishawaka was the better team coming into this game and they knew it.  They ended up winning fairly handily, 26-10 and it was really cool to see 29 years of being at the wrong end of the scoreboard in this rivalry come to an end for them.  I can only find a link to some highlights of this game but the other takeaway I had was it's the only time I can recall seeing a high school football field being stormed after a game.

Highlights:  

Field storming:  

:

Man that could be a lot of games personally.

Start with being a fan as a kid:

2000 Sectional as Adams Central beats Southern Wells after Southern Wells had the game won.

2000 1A State final when Adams Central comes out strong in the first half and then holds on with the defense to beat Attica

2004 AC wins the sectional over Southern Wells after being beat by 13 a few weeks earlier but mostly because Jeff & Joel came back on radio for that one game.

Games during playing days:

2005 Adams Central over Woodlan as a defensive roughing the passer call extends the game to one untimed down to send it to OT and the Jets win it.

2005 Adams Central over West Central in the regionals in an OT battle. Really special years later since the play maker for winning the game has passed on.

Games as a fan post playing days:

2015 Adams Central beats Bellmont for the first time in forever. (Hadn't played each other during the AC glory years and AC lost the year before)

The whole 2016 season as a big brother being a fan and then seeing the talent from the 2017 & 2018 seasons have success

2019 Adams Central win over South Adams in regional