Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Looky here. Participation numbers up

12 hours ago, Gipper said:

What a pisser.

Muda is a bully and DT is a drunk uncle.

Hardly.  You just can't stand anyone who has a different opinion/point of view from your own and the GID masses, and will vigorously defend that opinion/POV.

12 hours ago, DT said:

Let's bail.  This place is a morgue without us.

Have to admit I have considered it.   But the work is too important to give up on now.

Wonder why Gipper and others are frightened about seeing the breakdown of numbers across rural, suburban, and urban areas of Indiana.

• Disdain 1

12 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Hardly.  You just can't stand anyone who has a different opinion/point of view from your own and the GID masses, and will vigorously defend that opinion/POV.

Have to admit I have considered it.   But the work is too important to give up on now.

Wonder why Gipper and others are frightened about seeing the breakdown of numbers across rural, suburban, and urban areas of Indiana.

Its quite simple.  They have no respect for a contrarian point of view, which has been the lifeblood of this website for 20 years.  

We used to have some epic fights with the PP crowd, but there was a mutual underlying feeling of respect for the other side because we knew there was strong conviction and genuine passion behind their arguments

Tim Adams was able to maintain a civil on line discourse while allowing all out verbal warfare to be conducted , all at the same time.  It was one of TA's greatest strengths.

That culture no longer exists here.

And it makes the site must less engaging and less interesting.

Edited by DT

1 minute ago, DT said:

Its quite simple.  They have no respect for a contrarian point of view, which has been the lifeblood of this website for 20 years.  

We used to have some epic fights with the PP crowd, but there was a mutual underlying feeling of respect for the other side because we knew there was strong conviction and genuine passion behind their arguments

That culture no longer exists here.

And it makes the site must less engaging and interesting.

How true.  It's mostly about group-think and navel-gazing here on the Football forum.   While over on the OOB/Politics side it's all about loving anything big government does while at the same time hating Mr. Trump.  With insults and down votes thrown out like candy.   It appears that certain members of the GID administration are in on the act.

• Disdain 1

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

How true.  It's mostly about group-think and navel-gazing here on the Football forum.   While over on the OOB/Politics side it's all about loving anything big government does while at the same time hating Mr. Trump.  With insults and down votes thrown out like candy.   It appears that certain members of the GID administration are in on the act.

This current GID admin runs this site like its a big government entity.

Lots of oversight and control.

I don't participate in the OOB because I don't like to argue with those who refuse to acknowledge that there is another POV to every issue.  I keep my activity topic based in the football forum and am happy to engage in productive debate that pushes the subject matter forward.  Unfortunately, very few topics make it far enough before the conversation devolves into something completely off base or irrelevant to the original topic.

It gets old.

I’m not afraid of anything, I’m just tired of this crap about contraction.  It hit home when my alma mater was mentioned.  I get it—South Newton has not won a lot of games recently, news flash: it’s not the first time this has happened.  But there have also have been to plenty of good moments such as SN’s appearance in the Semi-State a few years ago.  Thus further reinforces my point that athletics there, as well as most small schools (yes, even Pioneer wasn’t the juggernaut they are now back in my day) is quite cyclical and they won’t be down forever.  I’ve brought this very valid point up numerous times, yet certain people, and I’m not naming names, do not realize that.  If you want to be contrarian and post off the wall bizarre junk: have at it.  But if you’re taken to task over it, don’t act like a wounded animal which is exactly what you’re doing.

It gets old.

Edited by Gipper

Furthermore, the IHSAA is not a fantasy football league, therefore conference affiliations and sectional alignments are out of our control.  They do exist for reasons: geography and culture being the major ones, but there will always be an outlier: please remember this.

As for politics, if you’re so up on arms about it, find another platform...

Edited by Gipper

19 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Like the info.  Anything that gets kids interested/involved in the game and off the couches is a good thing.

Thanks to all of the coaches, communities, players, fans, and other supporters that put so much into helping to make and keep this such a great game!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Like the info.  Anything that gets kids interested/involved in the game and off the couches is a good thing.

Thanks to all of the coaches, communities, players, fans, and other supporters that put so much into helping to make and keep this such a great game!

And if the smaller schools aren’t participating at the same rate as there larger school peers (although this is unknown and I refuse to speculate), maybe their services are needed elsewhere, such as the family farm.  Two of my cousins attended a rural school and had to schedule their athletic endeavors with respect to their framework.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gipper said:

He also omitted punctuation...

What endgame would that serve?

It isn't for anything important.  It's just for a personal agenda.  Funny how people demand information from other people just to serve their own conspiracy theories.  Too lazy to research it themselves?  They don't contribute anything constructive.  Their favorite game is pot stirring and some of them never seem to get tired of it.

• Thanks 3

I've been long time reader/viewer of GD just not a big poster as my numbers reflect. I'm a big believer of disagreement, controversial discourse and out the box ideas and thoughts. Better decisions and outcomes come from it. I am not a fan of the personal attacks to these ideas and topics.

So DT and Muda69, Ive enjoyed your topics even though I don't always agree with them so please keep posting. Let's all just stop with the insults and attacks. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

It isn't for anything important.  It's just for a personal agenda.  Funny how people demand information from other people just to serve their own conspiracy theories.  Too lazy to research it themselves?  They don't contribute anything constructive.  Their favorite game is pot stirring and some of them never seem to get tired of it.

I’ve thought if you guys often, how are you holding out?  Congrats on the girls BB title!

42 minutes ago, Gipper said:

And if the smaller schools aren’t participating at the same rate as there larger school peers (although this is unknown and I refuse to speculate), maybe their services are needed elsewhere, such as the family farm.  Two of my cousins attended a rural school and had to schedule their athletic endeavors with respect to their framework.

Framework/farm work, you know the deal although my spell checker doesn’t.

Edited by Gipper

37 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

I've been long time reader/viewer of GD just not a big poster as my numbers reflect. I'm a big believer of disagreement, controversial discourse and out the box ideas and thoughts. Better decisions and outcomes come from it. I am not a fan of the personal attacks to these ideas and topics.

So DT and Muda69, Ive enjoyed your topics even though I don't always agree with them so please keep posting. Let's all just stop with the insults and attacks. 

I agree wholeheartedly!  Maybe I just found a clue...

Im interested in the trends.

The report states that overall participation is up.

There are huge cultural, economic, social, and demographic differences by football class.  

Are all classes sharing in the increase equally?

Is the increase coming from a specific area or region of the state?

Is there any correlation between changes in participation and bottom line results?

19 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

Thank you for your support. especially during this difficult time.

• Disdain 1

On 3/27/2020 at 3:55 PM, Gipper said:

Writing deficiencies?  I merely asked a question.

I have no need to be over this, what end would it serve?  I’m not a member of your goon squad.  Is anybody?  

My people don’t right: they write...

Ha, funny, DT tries to throw trash and he fails.