Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

We just sent an email to our players to just make sure they are working out somehow, and that we cannot plan specific times or places. We also told them to stay within the health department recommendations of avoiding large groups getting together. 

Just now, Irishman said:

We just sent an email to our players to just make sure they are working out somehow, and that we cannot plan specific times or places. We also told them to stay within the health department recommendations of avoiding large groups getting together. 

I guess I was referring more to sessions over Google Meet or something similar to go over new schemes or review plays

3 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Oh ok....We are using Zoom to go over the playbook. 

I’m glad you’re getting something done. Before my office closed, my train would roll by Mt. Carmel’s practice field in Chicago as I observed an early morning practice.  I can’t help but wonder what they’re doing now bring that Mayor Lightfoot blew a gasket over distancing.

So what I am hearing is that football plays are more important than other things right now. You have to be kidding me. Our players just need to see your face and talk about life and how to deal with the things that are going on around them. If you want to have a great team. Care about your players mental health first. 

12 minutes ago, brvheart63 said:

So what I am hearing is that football plays are more important than other things right now. You have to be kidding me. Our players just need to see your face and talk about life and how to deal with the things that are going on around them. If you want to have a great team. Care about your players mental health first. 

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. My post was specifically about the question asked. You want to start a topic about what other things we are doing for our players during this difficult time, then feel free. Maybe, just maybe this serves as a distraction from what is really happening???? Working in a urban program where few kids have any transportation; they have been home since about 4 pm March 13th. So, being cooped up for 14 days straight, a little change is probably what is best for them at this point. There are a couple topics where many people are talking about what they are doing for "distractions" while stuck at home in the Out of Bounds forum here. Focusing on mental health during a time of isolation is important; so is remaining connected with teammates and friends; especially from a distance. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. My post was specifically about the question asked. You want to start a topic about what other things we are doing for our players during this difficult time, then feel free. Maybe, just maybe this serves as a distraction from what is really happening???? Working in a urban program where few kids have any transportation; they have been home since about 4 pm March 13th. So, being cooped up for 14 days straight, a little change is probably what is best for them at this point. There are a couple topics where many people are talking about what they are doing for "distractions" while stuck at home in the Out of Bounds forum here. Focusing on mental health during a time of isolation is important; so is remaining connected with teammates and friends; especially from a distance. 

I never thought you were doing things you shouldn’t.   Nothing wrong with individual conditioning.