Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Rodenberg leaves LC for Roncalli

Sorry if already discussed. I don't see a thread created and this was under the radar to me. I just noticed LC has a new coach while looking at what's posted of their schedule on Harrell. Looks like Rodenberg to Roncalli was announced in February. I understand the point that he's getting back to his Catholic roots as he was once at Covington Catholic and Big Moe. I believed when LC hired him it was a bad move as I assumed he would go somewhere "bigger" in Indy or Cincinnati when he had some success. I didn't foresee his tenure being 2 years and 15 losses. I have no idea what Roncalli has returning; however, I would not be the least bit surprised if they cut their losses in half this year.

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Sorry if already discussed. I don't see a thread created and this was under the radar to me. I just noticed LC has a new coach while looking at what's posted of their schedule on Harrell. Looks like Rodenberg to Roncalli was announced in February. I understand the point that he's getting back to his Catholic roots as he was once at Covington Catholic and Big Moe. I believed when LC hired him it was a bad move as I assumed he would go somewhere "bigger" in Indy or Cincinnati when he had some success. I didn't foresee his tenure being 2 years and 15 losses. I have no idea what Roncalli has returning; however, I would not be the least bit surprised if they cut their losses in half this year.

Here's the original thread where the hire was announced with some run-up and subsequent commentary.