Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

“Best” Play You Ever Saw?

3 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

WOW!  It looks like the correct call was made to me!  

It pains me to say, but I believe it was as well. My only issue was that the official who made the call was 10 yards up the field and not in good/proper position. Stones call though, that was literally the last play of the game. The play before Cathedral was in FG range and a very questionable intentional grounding call was made which lead to the Hail Mary attempt rather than a potential game-winning FG.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 1:55 PM, Footballking16 said:

Not sure I would define it as best, maybe craziest. Cathedral trailed Reitz 35-34 in the 2007 semi-state final (blew a 13 point lead with less than 4 minutes to go). Now Indianapolis Colt Jack Doyle catches a Hail Mary but is ruled down inches before the goal line.

Edit: Found a better angle right down the goal line. Doesn't get much closer than that

It was the best from this side of the field though.  Thats the same year we beat Columbus East 61-60 the prior week.  After those 2 weeks winning state seemed odd.  Although it was state it had no ways near the excitement.

4 minutes ago, Panther86 said:

It was the best from this side of the field though.  Thats the same year we beat Columbus East 61-60 the prior week.  After those 2 weeks winning state seemed odd.  Although it was state it had no ways near the excitement.  Just now noticed that was Paul McIntosh that helped take him down.  For all he did on offense, he didnt usually play alot on D as I remember.

SPECIAL!!!!

Play 2 was the interception his freshman year to seal the 35-32 victory in 2005 vs SR Jacob Kiger led Bombers.   What a game  

Thanks for posting that video:   That Midline was so nasty

Love the last clip of the film:  like, oh yea and how bout this too!!!!!    

• 1 month later...

2019 Parke Heritage @ North Vermillion.

This game had some incredible plays. Best game I have ever watched.

NV defense stops PH drive inside NV 25 yd line. With 1:58 left and PH leads 40-36.

Brennan Ellis hasn't thrown much all night, the NV run game has kept them in the game, but he throws them down the field.

During the game he has dislocated his pointer finger on his non throwing hand.

On 4th down from the 11 yd line the ball hits his off hand and he loses it to his left. He picks it up scrambles to his left, throws on the run into the back corner of the end zone to Nick Myers who double toe drags into a complete layout catch for the win with no time left.

3 hours ago, Paradise1960 said:

1982 Regional Championship Castle vs Martinsville hook and ladder (Flea-Flicker) to win the game.

Pet peeve of mine. A flea-flicker and hook and ladder are two completely different plays. 

And don’t get me started on shuffle/shuttle/shovel passes.

• Like 1