Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Valpo DE Jones Commits

Guest DT

31 minutes ago, DT said:

That's a surprise. Hid dad, Portage legend Eric Jones, was a solid DL for Notre Dame back in the very early '90's. I figured it was a guarantee he would go to ND. Cooper has a younger brother, 6'7 Sophomore to be Mason, who will also likely be a D1 prospect. Cooper has a number of Aunts and Uncles from Portage who went to IU. 

Edited by Boilernation

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

That's a surprise. Hid dad, Portage legend Eric Jones, was a solid DL for Notre Dame back in the very early '90's. I figured it was a guarantee he would go to ND. Cooper has a younger brother, 6'7 Sophomore to be Mason, who will also likely be a D1 prospect. Cooper has a number of Aunts and Uncles from Portage who went to IU. 

I remember his dad well. Saw him demolish Hobart in the Brickie Bowl one night many years ago.

1 minute ago, psaboy said:

Per 247 sports, ND is not listed as interest or has an offer. I'm assuming you think if they go after he will change mind??

What kind of grades does he have?

2 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Per 247 sports, ND is not listed as interest or has an offer. I'm assuming you think if they go after he will change mind??

In College football, many have said, once a kid Verbals to a school is when the real recruiting happens!!!    

I have no knowledge whatsoever on whether ND will offer or if they did if that will even impact his decision.    

I do know this, the young man is very good football player 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DT said:

Don't you think they've already eliminated ND as a possibility given his Dads affiliation with the school?

Gf is a ND fan, bought tickets to VT/ND for her. She is an AT and had to work the state championship soccer game, I had to go to that God forsaken place with my best friend. Wore my IU sweatshirt, cold as balls, rooted for VT the whole time. 

That experience wasn't half of what it's like to go to a Tennessee game. (Been there three times)

I'd eliminate ND for how effing cold it is up there. Jesus, y'all live in the Artic circle up there. 

Edited by btownqbcoach

8 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

Gf is a ND fan, bought tickets to VT/ND for her. She is an AT and had to work the state championship soccer game, I had to go to that God forsaken place with my best friend. Wore my IU sweatshirt, cold as balls, rooted for VT the whole time. 

That experience wasn't half of what it's like to go to a Tennessee game. (Been there three times)

I'd eliminate ND for how effing cold it is up there. Jesus, y'all live in the Artic circle up there. 

Well if he lives in Valpo, I don't think SB will be any colder ???

2 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

...... maybe he doesn't want to live up there...lol

Well, I'm just saying no difference. I hope he does go to IU, ND can get other players when and where needed, I like IU getting these high end in state kids.

Edited by psaboy

Cooper will see more PT at IU than at ND.  If he wants to be a pro, he will have every opportunity to show his stuff to NFL scouts in Bloomington.  

Remember, he is a *** recruit.  ND does not go after many *** players.

From what I've read ND looked at him but never offered. The Irish have really turned around their DL/DE recruiting the last few years so there is a lot of depth, but they do rotate and play a lot of bodies. Good get for the Hoosiers, I've heard this kid is a stud!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

Wrong.  8 of 17 2020 recruits are 3 star.

NDs recruiting is clearly slipping.  Look at the 2019 Composite Roster Ranking, which includes 35 *** players, and the 2015 version, which includes 22.  That is a significant change in talent for the Irish

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/?Conference=IND

Edited by DT

1 minute ago, DT said:

NDs recruiting is clearly slipping.  Look at the 2019 Composite Roster Ranking, which includes 35 *** players, and the 2015 version, which includes 22.  That is a significant change in talent for the Irish

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/?Conference=IND

Thanks for admitting that you were wrong.  You are also wrong about Kyler Murray's height by the way.

Wrong.

• Like 2

Just now, BARRYOSAMA said:

Thanks for admitting that you were wrong.  You are also wrong about Kyler Murray's height by the way.

Wrong.

I stretched the truth to make a point.  Got your attention.

Murray has more upside that Mayfield because of his running ability.  I don't expect much out of either.

1 minute ago, DT said:

I stretched the truth to make a point.  Got your attention.

Murray has more upside that Mayfield because of his running ability.  I don't expect much out of either.

Liars get my attention.  That much is true.  Your analysis on the other hand....uninformed drivel for the most part.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DT said:

It’s not just ND.  The gap between the “haves and the have nots” in college football is growing by the minute.

Kids are flocking to Ohio State, Clemson and 4-5 SEC programs and everyone else is getting left in the dust.

(And many will be in the transfer portal in the coming years because they can’t see the field.)

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

It’s not just ND.  The gap between the “haves and the have nots” in college football is growing by the minute.

Kids are flocking to Ohio State, Clemson and 4-5 SEC programs and everyone else is getting left in the dust.

(And many will be in the transfer portal in the coming years because they can’t see the field.)

Imagine what might happen if the season is cancelled.