Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Valpo DE Jones Commits

Guest DT

Not to sure what is going on in this state when it comes to recruiting! I have heard from most of the in state d1 colleges and they do not go to games anymore. They just watch highlights. D1 schools in this state are missing on alot of in state talent. 

8 minutes ago, GV5 said:

Not to sure what is going on in this state when it comes to recruiting! I have heard from most of the in state d1 colleges and they do not go to games anymore. They just watch highlights. D1 schools in this state are missing on alot of in state talent. 

Indiana is at games all the time during bye weeks. You do realize how hard it is for schools to be at HS games on Fridays, right? 

I do understand but that is why they always used to send a recruiting coordinator or lower tear coach to games. Wasn't trying to be an a** just have noticed more out of state and d2 or naia coaches at games than i have seen d1 coaches.

5 hours ago, DT said:

NDs recruiting is clearly slipping.  Look at the 2019 Composite Roster Ranking, which includes 35 *** players, and the 2015 version, which includes 22.  That is a significant change in talent for the Irish

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/?Conference=IND

LOL. There is the patented DT we all love and know.

Say anything that sounds remotely true, get instantly called out on it, backpedal and start over like nothing happened. Rinse, wash, repeat. It’s like clockwork.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

LOL. There is the patented DT we all love and know.

Say anything that sounds remotely true, get instantly called out on it, backpedal and start over like nothing happened. Rinse, wash, repeat. It’s like clockwork.

Ive always been told its good to be flexible.  😊

1 minute ago, btownqbcoach said:

Notre Dame hasn't been a player since the 80s lol

I was referring to Valparaiso...

Kidding, but they still get their share of good athletes.  I’m just not so sure of how they’re developed.

Edited by Gipper

15 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Haters gonna hate.

Tier 2 program, no legitimate shot at a national title in over 30 years...not that hard to figure out.

Don't feel bad though.  Tier 1 is about 4-5 programs...

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Tier 2 program, no legitimate shot at a national title in over 30 years...not that hard to figure out.

Don't feel bad though.  Tier 1 is about 4-5 programs...

Can't argue that, but saying that ND hasn't been a player since the 80's is really just brain dead. Any Top 20 program is a player.

Who is in your Tier 1? Up until January, I just had Clemson and Alabama. I'll put LSU there now that they got their championship. I'd like to see Ohio State win a playoff game before they get inclusion. Oklahoma is on ND's level.............at best. 

I've got Clemson, Alabama, and LSU...................then Ohio State, Georgia, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma. 

1 hour ago, RegionFBFan said:

BTF - are you forgetting OSU one the very first Championship???? Beating Bama in semis and oregon in championship. I guess that doesn't count. 

ND not relevant since the 80's?? Wasn't ND in the playoffs recently?

But what have they done lately? I think Clemson and Alabama are in a league of their own. I'll put LSU in there with there recent championship and good recruits coming in. If Ohio State wouldn't have completely blown it against Clemson this year, I'd put them in Tier 1..............but they laid an egg and now have to wait until next season to prove themselves. No one remembers the better team, only the team that won. Ohio State is very close in my opinion.

12 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

Why the sec is king

That and in the rural South you can find athletic freaks of nature. Rural Midwest is typically just Linemen.Very rare to find someone like the Kiser kid from Pioneer. Plus, it's just crazy how much talent is developed down there. For example, Rock Hill, SC, has current NFL players Stephen Gilmore, Jadaveon Clowney,  Jonathon Joseph, Cordarrelle Patterson, Mason Rudolph, Ben Watson, and Jaleel Scott along with a VERY long list of D1 recruits in the past 10-15 years.. The Atlanta metro area is nuts. Grayson  HS in Loganville has Three 4 stars (Florida, Florida, Clemson) and Four 3 stars (Louisville, UCF, GT, Undecided) in their Senior Class. The Junior class already has an Auburn commit. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Can't argue that, but saying that ND hasn't been a player since the 80's is really just brain dead. Any Top 20 program is a player.

Who is in your Tier 1? Up until January, I just had Clemson and Alabama. I'll put LSU there now that they got their championship. I'd like to see Ohio State win a playoff game before they get inclusion. Oklahoma is on ND's level.............at best. 

I've got Clemson, Alabama, and LSU...................then Ohio State, Georgia, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma. 

Clemson, Alabama, OSU, LSU, Georgia

HUGE GAP...

Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, Michigan, Florida, Wisconsin, Auburn.

11 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

That and in the rural South you can find athletic freaks of nature. Rural Midwest is typically just Linemen.Very rare to find someone like the Kiser kid from Pioneer. Plus, it's just crazy how much talent is developed down there. For example, Rock Hill, SC, has current NFL players Stephen Gilmore, Jadaveon Clowney,  Jonathon Joseph, Cordarrelle Patterson, Mason Rudolph, Ben Watson, and Jaleel Scott along with a VERY long list of D1 recruits in the past 10-15 years.. The Atlanta metro area is nuts. Grayson  HS in Loganville has Three 4 stars (Florida, Florida, Clemson) and Four 3 stars (Louisville, UCF, GT, Undecided) in their Senior Class. The Junior class already has an Auburn commit. 

Or is it that football is just more important down there? Are there really more athletes in the south than there are in Chicago and Detroit?

1 hour ago, RegionFBFan said:

BTF - are you forgetting OSU one the very first Championship???? Beating Bama in semis and oregon in championship. I guess that doesn't count. 

ND not relevant since the 80's?? Wasn't ND in the playoffs recently?

By name only due to a weak schedule and not having to play in a conference title game.  They did not belong on the same field in their 2013 game against Bama or their 2018 game against Clemson.

Just now, Temptation said:

Clemson, Alabama, OSU, LSU, Georgia

HUGE GAP...

Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, Michigan, Florida, Wisconsin, Auburn.

Georgia has barely beaten ND twice in the last three years. Not sure why the gap there is so HUGE.

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Or is it that football is just more important down there? Are there really more athletes in the south than there are in Chicago and Detroit?

Both.

Just now, Temptation said:

By name only due to a weak schedule and not having to play in a conference title game.  They did not belong on the same field in their 2013 game against Bama or their 2018 game against Clemson.

Notre Dane didn't belong in that game? ND gifted Clemson an injury to Julian Love. Clemson beat ND in the second quarter and second quarter only. When Love was in, they hung with the "best team ever" for three quarters.................and lost by a smaller margin than Alabama did. 

I understand that ND isn't Tier 1. But you are over-exaggerating their insignificance.