Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Inside the Headset with Coach Ralph

13 hours ago, Irishman said:

Thanks to Coach Ralph, and his assistants for putting this together and posting this here. Also love seeing he is a Blackhawks fan as well 🙂

I keep offering him one of my Crosby or Malkin jerseys to wear, he just won't.  Lol

• Haha 1

I thought the comments were incredibly interesting and candid.  It is fun to watch the experts.  The few things that I'm an expert at I can simplify down to easy chunks.  You and Coach Ralph do a great job of chunking the information down.  No wonder why you are hard to beat. I don't know what keeps some guys at high schools, but high schools are blessed.  I've been around some tremendous coaches in my life from having attended Luers and Snider and teaching in the state.  My hat is off to you.  I was talking with another member here and that has to be one of Snider's better offensive teams ever.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BTF said:

1997, 2004, & 2015............no particular order.

That team that beat Ben Davis with that freeze option was really good, too (1992).  Not gonna put up too many points against better defenses, but incredibly fun to watch.   I think Luers beat or tied them in the jamboree, but Luers lost a tight one to Dwenger that year. The SAC was really good that year. 

Edited by Robert

10 hours ago, Robert said:

That team that beat Ben Davis with that freeze option was really good, too (1992).  Not gonna put up too many points against better defenses, but incredibly fun to watch.   I think Luers beat or tied them in the jamboree, but Luers lost a tight one to Dwenger that year. The SAC was really good that year. 

The 92' team was the whole package with a very good defense. We all know how prolific Dwenger was in the early 90's and Snider shut them out 12-0. Luers was a state champion team in 92', but like you said, they played Snider in the Jamboree. 

What the 2015 team had was a crazy good passing game led by a Division 1 quarterback, a Division 1 receiver, and another receiver who should have gone Division 1. 

Anyway, not to hijack the New Pal thread. Thanks to the Dragon Coaches for sharing that game. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

The 92' team was the whole package with a very good defense. We all know how prolific Dwenger was in the early 90's and Snider shut them out 12-0. Luers was a state champion team in 92', but like you said, they played Snider in the Jamboree. 

What the 2015 team had was a crazy good passing game led by a Division 1 quarterback, a Division 1 receiver, and another receiver who should have gone Division 1. 

Anyway, not to hijack the New Pal thread. Thanks to the Dragon Coaches for sharing that game. 

Oops, easily done.  The New Pal coach reminded us the whole time how much more athletic Snider was and how crafty his side was. 

Edited by Robert