Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Greenfield Reporter

The article reads as if the kids are doing it all on their own and not on school property.  What is wrong with that?  I understand the sympathy to the pandemic and the social distancing, but how could a coach be fired for his players working out on their own with no guidance from him?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

The article reads as if the kids are doing it all on their own and not on school property.  What is wrong with that?  I understand the sympathy to the pandemic and the social distancing, but how could a coach be fired for his players working out on their own with no guidance from him?

Read it again.  The players are in constant contact with the head coach.  IMO, he should be encouraging them to stop.  Remember this is my opinion, so with that a quarter you can buy a piece of gum.

• Like 3

I just don't understand why 40 or so kids are traveling to work out or how parents are letting it to happen.  Hopefully, it's been nipped in the bud by now.  But kids should not be in an hourly rotation to use weight room equipment...I don't care what they say about sanitizing it or anything.  It's been great seeing the press of football teams/athletes finding creative ways to interact and work out, but I truly do hope parents aren't letting kids travel simply to lift weights at friends houses.  

• Like 2

I’ve read it 4 times now and I struggle to find anything wrong with what they are doing?  I guess you could say the “group runs in the park” back in mid-March...but that was before we were all placed on stay at home orders.  There is a reason some programs are just simply above the rest, and I think the only thing this article explains is just why New Pal is one of those programs.   

• Like 3

This was posted by @CoachWes on another website: 

We’ve asked for a correction to be made to this story. Some of the details regarding the timeline of this are not present in the story. I can see why folks think this is currently happening based on how the story is written. It is not. The photos are from before the stay at home order and before the restriction of groups to be 10 or less. Our district has encouraged all students, staff, coaches, and players to adhere to the guidelines as presented by the governor.

• Like 2

If anyone did not know already, know you know why these guys are tough to beat. When times get tough, these guys get tougher. Everyone losing their minds about social distancing and all these kids want to do is improve themselves. Signs of great coaching!

Edited by SouthernFan

1 hour ago, Coach Harvey said:

This was posted by @CoachWes on another website: 

We’ve asked for a correction to be made to this story. Some of the details regarding the timeline of this are not present in the story. I can see why folks think this is currently happening based on how the story is written. It is not. The photos are from before the stay at home order and before the restriction of groups to be 10 or less. Our district has encouraged all students, staff, coaches, and players to adhere to the guidelines as presented by the governor.

Thanks Coach for the insight on the article 

8 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/2020/04/07/dragons_find_a_way_despite_pandemic_new_palestine_football_players_refuse_to_sit_idle/

I don't understand how this is allowed.  Every gym in the state is shut down.  Professional sport teams are shut down.  I don't understand...

How about actually getting facts before rushing to judgement 

3 hours ago, cw13 said:

Wow, I wonder who else is doing this?

Shame on the parents!!

Shame on any adult involved with this!!

Teens need adult supervision and to let this go on is wrong. Simple as that!!

Get all the facts before judging.  Simple as that.

3 hours ago, Temptation said:

Seems fishy to me... 

It might if you don't get all the facts

4 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

I just don't understand why 40 or so kids are traveling to work out or how parents are letting it to happen.  Hopefully, it's been nipped in the bud by now.  But kids should not be in an hourly rotation to use weight room equipment...I don't care what they say about sanitizing it or anything.  It's been great seeing the press of football teams/athletes finding creative ways to interact and work out, but I truly do hope parents aren't letting kids travel simply to lift weights at friends houses.  

The first 4 words are the only legit thing you said,  "I just don't understand"

47 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Thanks Coach for the insight on the article 

Sure thing, if anyone else has any other questions I would refer you to Coach Ralph's twitter account where he address this article here: https://twitter.com/NPCoachRalph

Just now, cw13 said:

dmizers3 quit jumping on everyone's case we are just going by the article.

Chill out.

Give us the facts please.

See Coach Ralph's twitter for the facts: https://twitter.com/NPCoachRalph

2 minutes ago, cw13 said:

dmizers3 quit jumping on everyone's case we are just going by the article.

Chill out.

Give us the facts please.

Several have already shared facts.  Maybe if everyone was more interested in truth, than attacking a program, a coach, kids and families to make themselves feel better things would be different. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the additional facts, I will be happy to check them out. 

Yet it wasn't needed to jump down throats BEFORE the facts were presented.

As I said we went by the article. If the article was not correct then clearly it should be edited and the truth told.

Til then responses based on what we saw on the article were just that. 

No one was trying to make themselves feel better. Grow up

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cw13 said:

As I said we went by the article. If the article was not correct then clearly it should be edited and the truth told.

https://twitter.com/NPCoachRalph/status/1247700261923102722

9 minutes ago, cw13 said:

Maybe the irresponsible "coach/staff"  is who needs to grow up.  I wasn't attacking anyone.   All I did was point out, to several posters yes, that maybe it's best to get facts before judging.   If someone were to attack your kids/program/integrity without gathering all the facts I'd certainly hope you'd defend them as well.  Being first, or having a "hot take" doesn't always work out.  I'd certainly expect coaches, administrators, etc... to make sure they get it right before publicly calling out another program.  

• Disdain 1

6 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

Maybe the irresponsible "coach/staff"  is who needs to grow up.  I wasn't attacking anyone.   All I did was point out, to several posters yes, that maybe it's best to get facts before judging.   If someone were to attack your kids/program/integrity without gathering all the facts I'd certainly hope you'd defend them as well.  Being first, or having a "hot take" doesn't always work out.  I'd certainly expect coaches, administrators, etc... to make sure they get it right before publicly calling out another program.  

So folks are not allowed to assume that a NEWSPAPER article that was RELEASED to the PUBLIC is telling the truth/filled with FACTS?

We should have to go to the coach’s personal twitter account to fact check what we read?

Seems a bit backwards.

Guess I shouldn’t be surprised...it’s the GREENFIELD REPORTER for god’s sake.