Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New West Washington HC

per Josh Lewis Twitter Darrin Russell (current girls basketball coach) has been named new AD. Keith Nance (Superintendent and previous OC) named Head Football coach tonight at school board meeting. 

Congrats to both Men and think both are great hires. Looking forward to continuing Bowsmans vision and legacy and seeing all sports programs continue to get better. 

• Like 1

I am Keith Nance. 

It is a HUGE understatement to say that this is less than an ideal situation for dozens of reasons. The obvious, we would all prefer to be standing beside and led by our dear friend Coach Bowsman.

Secondly, the Superintendent being the head coach is obviously problematic. I have been fortunate to be allowed to work as a unpaid assistant/offensive coordinator while being the Superintendent for the last 5 years. I have coached for 20 as a varsity assistant all at WW, 19 with Phillip and 13 years as OC. It is my hobby, a passion and a chance to be close with kids and have a group of peers (coaching staff). It is my full intention to do this for one season only. For this team and these seniors.

This team is special for a lot of reasons. One, they are good. BUT more importantly, they are extremely close and have been coached by Coach Bowsman since 3rd grade. The events of the last 5 months has only made them closer. Holden, Phillip's son and Quarterback/Captain will be a senior leading this team on the field. For all of them continuity was the #1 consideration. 

Honestly, this is putting my neck out professionally because it is controversial and already has some people spitting vitriol words, but this is about this team, these seniors and next season.  And I would do anything for them.

• Like 16

I like the fact that you put it out there for everyone to see and understand.  It's always about the student/athletes first.  Good Luck Coach Keith Nance and tell your brother I still beat him in 1 on 1's at New Albany!!!  Good Luck WW!!

Coach Miller - Pike HS

• Like 3

On 4/14/2020 at 10:13 AM, senatorcoach72 said:

I am Keith Nance. 

It is a HUGE understatement to say that this is less than an ideal situation for dozens of reasons. The obvious, we would all prefer to be standing beside and led by our dear friend Coach Bowsman.

Secondly, the Superintendent being the head coach is obviously problematic. I have been fortunate to be allowed to work as a unpaid assistant/offensive coordinator while being the Superintendent for the last 5 years. I have coached for 20 as a varsity assistant all at WW, 19 with Phillip and 13 years as OC. It is my hobby, a passion and a chance to be close with kids and have a group of peers (coaching staff). It is my full intention to do this for one season only. For this team and these seniors.

This team is special for a lot of reasons. One, they are good. BUT more importantly, they are extremely close and have been coached by Coach Bowsman since 3rd grade. The events of the last 5 months has only made them closer. Holden, Phillip's son and Quarterback/Captain will be a senior leading this team on the field. For all of them continuity was the #1 consideration. 

Honestly, this is putting my neck out professionally because it is controversial and already has some people spitting vitriol words, but this is about this team, these seniors and next season.  And I would do anything for them.

In writing this I did fail to mention a few things. 

1) This is an interim title and will be for the 2020 season only. 

2) I will NOT accept pay for this position or the summer stipend that is a part of the HC's pay. 

• Like 1

Not that I care what you do but I'm curious. Why wouldn't you accept head coaching pay? You are doing the work and putting the time in. I know you're not doing it for the money. Most coaches don't but I know a few that do. It just seems fair to me that you get paid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JQWL said:

Not that I care what you do but I'm curious. Why wouldn't you accept head coaching pay? You are doing the work and putting the time in. I know you're not doing it for the money. Most coaches don't but I know a few that do. It just seems fair to me that you get paid.

Mainly because it clears up SOME conflict questions. The pay will go back into the program and used to purchase things for the team and players that may not be able to afford practice packs, cleats, etc. 

• Like 7