Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Dr Joe Calderrazo

I met Doc many years ago when he accepted a position as a representative from Southern Indiana on the Board of Directors of the Indiana Football Officials Association. A friend over the years, we had a number of conversations about the mechanics and philosophy of the referee position. But our conversations ranged well beyond football. A great guy who made a significant contribution to high school football, who will be greatly missed. The story of him coming back to work a state final after basically dying of a heart attack is inspiring.

• Like 3

On 4/27/2020 at 3:00 PM, Bobref said:

I met Doc many years ago when he accepted a position as a representative from Southern Indiana on the Board of Directors of the Indiana Football Officials Association. A friend over the years, we had a number of conversations about the mechanics and philosophy of the referee position. But our conversations ranged well beyond football. A great guy who made a significant contribution to high school football, who will be greatly missed. The story of him coming back to work a state final after basically dying of a heart attack is inspiring.

Except he never did work that state final after the heart attack. I grew close to Doc being in the same association.  Excellent guy. Will absolutely be missed.

12 hours ago, SoIndRef said:

Except he never did work that state final after the heart attack. I grew close to Doc being in the same association.  Excellent guy. Will absolutely be missed.

Must have been shortly before. I knew he returned to officiating.

8 hours ago, Bobref said:

Must have been shortly before. I knew he returned to officiating.

He did the following season.  He was a great resource in all things officiating.  He truly enjoyed the game.  It is going to be different not having him at association meetings in the fall.

• Like 2