Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

"Football Coaches Keep Teams Together From A Distance"

http://www.dailyjournal.net/2020/04/24/football_coaches_keep_teams_together_from_a_distance/?fbclid=IwAR0S-Ee9vDaY11I7Zvx_d5dJEPUcVtxVmRaPW3auLTVRfkPSltM5e24TfVA#.Xqga5WVIkEg.facebook

"Reports leaking out of some corners of the state have hinted at or explicitly talked about various teams ignoring the stay-at-home orders and national distancing guidelines. Local coaches, however, have insisted that their players adhere to the regulations for as long as they’re in place.

“These other schools are doing it, and I don’t know how they’re not getting in trouble,” Moore said. “Plus, it’s a national medical pandemic, and I don’t know how they can say, ‘Let’s get together and lift weights,’ and run here and do that — I’m not promoting any of that.”

10 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

and where are these "leaks" of teams in other corners of the state?    

Well, I'm sure that he is referring to the team in Hancock County just southeast of Indianapolis because that is the only speculation I have seen....

16 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

It's April.  Football is a Fall sport.  It should be the farthest things from these kinds minds right now.   Over-competitive adults once again complicating a simple game played by children.

Or maybe after 6 weeks of being stuck at home, it could be a welcomed distraction......within reason of course. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Temptation said:

http://www.dailyjournal.net/2020/04/24/football_coaches_keep_teams_together_from_a_distance/?fbclid=IwAR0S-Ee9vDaY11I7Zvx_d5dJEPUcVtxVmRaPW3auLTVRfkPSltM5e24TfVA#.Xqga5WVIkEg.facebook

"Reports leaking out of some corners of the state have hinted at or explicitly talked about various teams ignoring the stay-at-home orders and national distancing guidelines. Local coaches, however, have insisted that their players adhere to the regulations for as long as they’re in place.

“These other schools are doing it, and I don’t know how they’re not getting in trouble,” Moore said. “Plus, it’s a national medical pandemic, and I don’t know how they can say, ‘Let’s get together and lift weights,’ and run here and do that — I’m not promoting any of that.”

I am not a fan of Coach Moore's comments.  (Assuming of course, he was not misquoted or taken out of context.)  A better response, would be "I do not know what other teams and coaches are doing.  I can only speak to what my team is doing and that is...." 

I can name a list of things I have "known" over the years:

- Other schools give their linemen steroids to take during advanced PE

- Other schools routinely practice on Sundays

- Other schools take their teams out of state in summer so they can hide violating the contact day limits

- Other schools recruit players from outside of the district to come play for them 

- Players from other schools have been arrested/ suspended/ failed every class/ etc. and still never missed a game of football 

These are all things I have "known" because I heard it from someone who heard it from a reliable source.

I know what my son and his team are doing.  That's it.  I would not say I "know" what other coaches, teams, and schools are doing based on hints or reports leaked.

Just my $.02

18 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Or maybe after 6 weeks of being stuck at home, it could be a welcomed distraction......within reason of course. 

It's Spring, and the woods and natural places here in Indiana are beautiful.  Go for a stroll in the woods, take a hike,  sleep out under the stars.   Your soul will be better for it.

6388c4f1c19b35892f5558f9c2b121ff.jpg

18 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I am not a fan of Coach Moore's comments.  (Assuming of course, he was not misquoted or taken out of context.)  A better response, would be "I do not know what other teams and coaches are doing.  I can only speak to what my team is doing and that is...." 

I can name a list of things I have "known" over the years:

- Other schools give their linemen steroids to take during advanced PE

- Other schools routinely practice on Sundays

- Other schools take their teams out of state in summer so they can hide violating the contact day limits

- Other schools recruit players from outside of the district to come play for them 

- Players from other schools have been arrested/ suspended/ failed every class/ etc. and still never missed a game of football 

These are all things I have "known" because I heard it from someone who heard it from a reliable source.

I know what my son and his team are doing.  That's it.  I would not say I "know" what other coaches, teams, and schools are doing based on hints or reports leaked.

Just my $.02

So you are saying that a  PE teacher administered an illegal substance to an minor in the school?  That should have been give to DCF for an investigation.  That is a fireable offense for all involved and the parents could be put up on charges as well.

19 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

So you are saying that a  PE teacher administered an illegal substance to an minor in the school?  That should have been give to DCF for an investigation.  That is a fireable offense for all involved and the parents could be put up on charges as well.

Sorry. I thought my “know” in quotes implied that these were things I was told that people absolutely swore they “knew” were factual. 

My point was I would not tell a reporter “I know other schools are doing X”  Unless I witnessed it. I would only say I know what my team is doing.  I assume (I don’t know) that Coach Moore hasn’t been to every corner of the state, I do not think he should say he knows what other schools are doing. 

37 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

It's Spring, and the woods and natural places here in Indiana are beautiful.  Go for a stroll in the woods, take a hike,  sleep out under the stars.   Your soul will be better for it.

6388c4f1c19b35892f5558f9c2b121ff.jpg

Great picture....I am fine, but I was referring to the kids in our programs. 

Just now, Muda69 said:

And it was the children that I was referring to.

Right.......and as every coach has a responsibility....know your kids. We have a lot who are simply stuck at home, and sadly, not even safe there. Our kids are excited to have these zoom meetings. It will only be our second one to do. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Right.......and as every coach has a responsibility....know your kids. We have a lot who are simply stuck at home, and sadly, not even safe there. Our kids are excited to have these zoom meetings. It will only be our second one to do. 

They'll be safer in the woods.

2 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

If you want to win championships you do whatever it takes!

3 hours ago, Irishman said:

I was thinking kids who love the sport and miss their friends too. I have a 7th grader who is getting tired of me whooping up on him in hoops. 😆 

3 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

I was thinking kids who love the sport and miss their friends too. I have a 7th grader who is getting tired of me whooping up on him in hoops. 😆 

Btw. Over this “break” he has beaten the old man for the first time. I do not let him win. 

Since the Bulls 97/98 team documentary is out, think of me as the Pistons and him as the Bulls. 

Oh yeah. I call the fouls too. 😉 😂 

Dr. McCormick explicitly said in today’s “Information and Updates to Indiana Schools Related to COVID-19” video (type that into YouTube if you want to watch it) that schools are to have no facility access for students until at least June 30th.  She goes so far as to specifically say “I want to bring my athletics back, can I open up the weight room? - NO!”

This will be hard for many coaches to accept.  Especially the ones dumb enough to post pics on Twitter of their players in the school weight room lifting, or out on the field doing a workout.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HoopsCoach said:

Dr. McCormick explicitly said in today’s “Information and Updates to Indiana Schools Related to COVID-19” video (type that into YouTube if you want to watch it) that schools are to have no facility access for students until at least June 30th.  She goes so far as to specifically say “I want to bring my athletics back, can I open up the weight room? - NO!”

tenor.gif