Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

"Football Coaches Keep Teams Together From A Distance"

2 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

Dr. McCormick explicitly said in today’s “Information and Updates to Indiana Schools Related to COVID-19” video (type that into YouTube if you want to watch it) that schools are to have no facility access for students until at least June 30th.  She goes so far as to specifically say “I want to bring my athletics back, can I open up the weight room? - NO!”

This will be hard for many coaches to accept.  Especially the ones dumb enough to post pics on Twitter of their players in the school weight room lifting, or out on the field doing a workout.

Wait, coaches are posting photos on social media?

(I will say that I drove by a local high school yesterday and saw kids jumping the gate to get into the facility and drove back minutes later and they were on the field.  No coach seemed to be present however.)

3 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

Dr. McCormick explicitly said in today’s “Information and Updates to Indiana Schools Related to COVID-19” video (type that into YouTube if you want to watch it) that schools are to have no facility access for students until at least June 30th.  She goes so far as to specifically say “I want to bring my athletics back, can I open up the weight room? - NO!”

This will be hard for many coaches to accept.  Especially the ones dumb enough to post pics on Twitter of their players in the school weight room lifting, or out on the field doing a workout.

Not saying you’re wrong on this, but can you please post the link to this since I can’t find it anywhere!

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Wait, coaches are posting photos on social media?

(I will say that I drove by a local high school yesterday and saw kids jumping the gate to get into the facility and drove back minutes later and they were on the field.  No coach seemed to be present however.)

The pics I have seen were posted by players, a few of which had coaches or adults in them, or pics posted by assistant coaches.

11 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Not necessarily

Please elaborate. If the implication was that the reason these youth may be in an unsafe situation was the environment in which they were currently living/residing (neighborhood violence, gang activity, domestic violence, etc.) it is almost certain getting out into the woods and hollows of Indiana for an amount of time would be a safer environment.  Unless one is deathly scared of ticks, raccoons, and squirrels, all of which have simple ways to reduce their "threat level".

• Disdain 1

20 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Poison Ivy is very threatening  

It can be.  Once had an acquaintance who stupidly burnt some old pieces of hardwood that were cut with a large poison ivy vine wrapped around it.  The smoke from the fire still contained the urushiol from the ivy vine, which was inhaled into the lungs.  Spent a couple weeks in the hospital.

17 hours ago, Temptation said:

"Bears can climb faster than they can run."  - Dwight Schrute

The trick to outrunning a Bear is to just be faster than the guy next to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1