Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Dave S. Walters Memorial Stadium Homestead High School

4 hours ago, Irishman said:

The link is to the field at Adams Central 

Great day to post it as the Berne Witness is replaying the 2000 State title game as well today.

10 hours ago, Irishman said:

The link is to the field at Adams Central 

I linked to the main page for some odd reason.  I can not edit.   😱. Tomorrow, it will show #7 first.   No way in heck Homestead is #9. 

Edited by Robert

5 minutes ago, Robert said:

Nope, shows head coach Shawn Kimmell, East Noble Basketball, you have to scroll down a little. 

It would be nice if the edit post feature was permitted here.  Since it isn’t, here’s the direct link to the article on Walters Memorial Stadium at Homestead:

Dave S. Walters Memorial Stadium Article

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HoopsCoach said:

It would be nice if the edit post feature was permitted here.  Since it isn’t, here’s the direct link to the article on Walters Memorial Stadium at Homestead:

Dave S. Walters Memorial Stadium Article

Still not sure how it's number 9 around here!  If Spuller and Wayne are up there...NOPE!  🙂  Or Carroll...nice field, but that stadium is a mismatch.   

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Still not sure how it's number 9 around here!  If Spuller and Wayne are up there...NOPE!  🙂  Or Carroll...nice field, but that stadium is a mismatch.   

Some people think Wrigley Field and Fenway Park are rat infested dumps but most people love the atmosphere and coziness.

33 minutes ago, jakone said:

Some people think Wrigley Field and Fenway Park are rat infested dumps but most people love the atmosphere and coziness.

Yes, I love both places.   Sounds like a few places in Washington D.C, too.   I'll just keep spewing opinions.  As we see with DT, media people, at least some, are a special breed!  🙂  

Edited by Robert

20 minutes ago, Robert said:

Yes, I love both places.   Sounds like a few places in Washington D.C, too.   I'll just keep spewing opinions.  As we see with DT, media people, at least some, are a special breed!  🙂  

I love Wrigley but as a Yankee fan no comment on Fenway.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jakone said:

I love Wrigley but as a Yankee fan no comment on Fenway.

When I taught up in LaGrange county, there was a kid there named Fenway Park.

9 hours ago, Robert said:

Spuller stadium is top notch with the new turf. Parking...........check. Concessions...........check. Field turf..........check. Proximity of locker rooms...........check. Ample seating on both sides............check. Proximity of bathrooms............check. The only blemish I can think of is that there are two ticket booths, but only one is open. For some reason, they quit using the other one twenty some years ago. Unfortunately, during big games, upwards of 1500 fans don't get to see the kickoff due to long lines. 

What's your beef with Spuller Robert? You must think Spuller and Wayne are decent facilities since you made mention of them in comparison to Homestead. 

On 5/1/2020 at 8:03 PM, BTF said:

Spuller stadium is top notch with the new turf. Parking...........check. Concessions...........check. Field turf..........check. Proximity of locker rooms...........check. Ample seating on both sides............check. Proximity of bathrooms............check. The only blemish I can think of is that there are two ticket booths, but only one is open. For some reason, they quit using the other one twenty some years ago. Unfortunately, during big games, upwards of 1500 fans don't get to see the kickoff due to long lines. 

What's your beef with Spuller Robert? You must think Spuller and Wayne are decent facilities since you made mention of them in comparison to Homestead. 

You're right.  Spuller isn't that bad.  I What I don't like are early season games where the cement releases the heat.  If you park by the buses, there is a ticket booth over there...at least the last time I parked by the busses.  I spelled it both ways!  The bathrooms are good.  The concessions are good for both schools.  The bands are good!  If Yucca is refereeing, he'll pull for the underdog!  Yes, don't be a Dodger crowd or you miss the first half.  Luers usually gets drilled by Snider and plays Northrop closely.