Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Outside The Huddle Garrett's Memorial Field

I'm obviously biassed, but I have coached several places and our set up is pretty cool. Our pregame pyrotechnics, loud music and overall aesthetics are pretty cool. However, they really play second fiddle to our setting right in the middle of town. When we enter the field we walk down the street that a lot of our kids grew up playing on. It is something that our kids really look forward to and it gives me goosebumps every. single. time.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 11:10 AM, NEIFootballGuy said:

I'm obviously biassed, but I have coached several places and our set up is pretty cool. Our pregame pyrotechnics, loud music and overall aesthetics are pretty cool. However, they really play second fiddle to our setting right in the middle of town. When we enter the field we walk down the street that a lot of our kids grew up playing on. It is something that our kids really look forward to and it gives me goosebumps every. single. time.

Any video of the entrance??   Loved to see that!!   Always have enjoyed that field and set up from afar, only played them 1 time, my 1st year coaching 2003 Regional under then coach Andy Thomas, we hosted them all the way to Rensselaer from Garrett for a Regional game.   

@Bobref was there!!   Still cannot believe the 4th and forever WR Reverse Pass, 1, actually worked, 2, our kid SOMEHOW didn't score which set up a crushing finish at the 5 yard line!!   

12 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Any video of the entrance??   Loved to see that!!   Always have enjoyed that field and set up from afar, only played them 1 time, my 1st year coaching 2003 Regional under then coach Andy Thomas, we hosted them all the way to Rensselaer from Garrett for a Regional game.   

@Bobref was there!!   Still cannot believe the 4th and forever WR Reverse Pass, 1, actually worked, 2, our kid SOMEHOW didn't score which set up a crushing finish at the 5 yard line!!   

Remember it well. That was our crew’s 4th straight playoff game decided in the final seconds! We had another one the next week at Adams Central.

Worked a playoff game at Garrett once. Really a nice facility.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

Huge props to former head coach and AD, John Hutton.  He had a huge part in the design of the field.  

Amen - Our locker room is separate from the school and is named after him. He is THE MAN.

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

We deal with Coach Thomas' trickery yearly as they are a conference foe. His teams always execute well. I know I have said in my headset before, "How did they have the time to practice that to make it look that easy. I'll do some digging on the entrance, I think we have a video or two Hudl of it over the years. Here is a picture! 

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 3.19.52 PM.png

• Like 1