Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Respect/Animosity

Polar opposite question here:  What programs do you have the utmost respect for and enjoy watching them succeed outside of your own rooting interests?  What programs do you have animosity for and chuckle when they lose? 

I respect Jimtown. Love to see those guys do well.

I despise Plymouth.  When they lose, I smile.

I have respect for Bremen.  They usually play much larger schools each week.  The score doesn’t always go how they like but they play hard each week and don’t give up. They get a lot out of their kids (in all sports).

If the Cougars aren’t involved I pull for Mishawaka.  Coach Kinder is carrying on the standard set by Coach Curtis.  I think both teams have a similar mentality about the game.

There is definitely respect and I wouldn’t call it animosity, but I think the NP farm boys have developed a little chip for SBSJ’s private school club.  I would assume last years sectional semi loss will only fuel things.

Geez lots of dislike for Plymouth out there.  Is it because of the First Down Rrrrrockies call?  When Plymouth was in a sectional with NP around 2012-2015 it was pretty fun beating them so I get it.  

Respect Munster   They do everything the right way

Despise Lake Central.  They fail miserably despite all their inherent advantages

Respect Chatard - their colors reflect their blue collar attitude

Despise Cathedral - their colors reinforce their holier than thou approach

Edited by DT

Respect Brownstown, North Harrison, and in conference foe Perry Central except for PC's public announcer ( another Commodooooooore FIRST DOWN!!! Rubs my fur the wrong way) their fans are loud and supportive yet courteous and travel well.

Despise Paoli

Not sure this reflects our players and coaches feelings, just my take from interacting with their fans.

I'm enjoying the posts that are giving reasons for their picks.  Wish a few of you would give more explanation as to why you feel the way that you do. 

I root for Mishawaka once NP is out.  I love the tough, physical style they play and the community atmosphere surrounding that program.  Same with Lowell.  

I love to see any high powered air raid type offense fail in November.  We play in Indiana, this isn't college football where you can pick your QBs.  Who can play in the elements?! 

Be careful in here my friends:    

I will not condone school/coach bashing 

Rivalries are great,  commentary on why you do not root for a school and why you root for a school is understandable

I do not want to see this turn into a mud slinging thread directed at schools/coaches/players  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Rivalries are great,  commentary on why you do not root for a school and why you root for a school is understandable

I do not want to see this turn into a mud slinging thread directed at schools/coaches/players  

Agree, this is meant for some good old fashion ribbing.  Keep it classy.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Kumbaya My Lord, Kumbaya

I live in Southeastern Indiana, I don't have a football team to follow. My local school doesn't have football.  In the area, I like seeing Switzerland County and North Decatur do well.  Switz just started football a few years ago, but are showing signs of growth. I like to see what Lawrenceburg is doing. Don't really care for Batesville and Greensburg in most sports.  

51 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

I live in Southeastern Indiana, I don't have a football team to follow. My local school doesn't have football.  In the area, I like seeing Switzerland County and North Decatur do well.  Switz just started football a few years ago, but are showing signs of growth. I like to see what Lawrenceburg is doing. Don't really care for Batesville and Greensburg in most sports.  

I've enjoyed following Lawrenceburg from up North...went to a game down there a few years ago, and like the setting of their stadium/town.

Also STC's antics/riddles are always enjoyable to try and follow

Edited by NRRaider2001

4 hours ago, NRRaider2001 said:

that's only a small part of my disdain for them lol

Do tell.  Looking at their past few seasons, not a whole lot stands out to me - going 18-13.  Not much exposure to the Rockies other than the late 90s with Hobart and the 2000s with Lowell.  Always played those teams tough, but I do not recall any bad blood.

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

if its negativity you crave

go to the club section

plenty of action for you in there 

You overlook the positive and only see the negative.  

3 hours ago, DT said:

Respect Avon - they play with an attitude and a huge chip on their shoulder

Despise Brownsburg - dont care for their egotistical HC

I sat behind the Brownsburg head coach during one of the games at Lucas Oil.  The guy was the epitome of class to all around.  

• Like 1