Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Eastern Greene???

I'm going to say the left shoe. It looks like their next board meeting will be the 13th and they'll hire a football coach at that time. It lists the candidate on the agenda so I don't feel like I'm outing anyone here or breaking any forum rules. I have no doubt BNL has some quality coaches in their middle school and youth programs and I'm sure he will do very well at Eastern Greene.

That is a very good hire for Eastern Greene.   Good Coach, Good Teacher and Great Person.  Has high school experience in football  and has HC experience in other sports.  Kids will be tough and kids will play hard.  Good Luck Coacher!

1 hour ago, Coach Dowell said:

That is a very good hire for Eastern Greene.   Good Coach, Good Teacher and Great Person.  Has high school experience in football  and has HC experience in other sports.  Kids will be tough and kids will play hard.  Good Luck Coacher!

This person is...?

32 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

This person is...?

Coacher.

Coach Dowell said it in the post directly above yours. 😁

Eastern Greene Basketball coach, Jon Neill, has resigned.  Eastern has a football coach candidate to vote on at the Monday night board meeting as Coach Dowell has stated.  The candidate has no previous head football coaching background. Fired coach, Travis Wray, is joining former coach Paridaen as an assistant at Evansville North.

18 hours ago, kingtut said:

Eastern Greene Basketball coach, Jon Neill, has resigned.  Eastern has a football coach candidate to vote on at the Monday night board meeting as Coach Dowell has stated.  The candidate has no previous head football coaching background. Fired coach, Travis Wray, is joining former coach Paridaen as an assistant at Evansville North.

First the head football coach and now the head basketball coach is gone?  Eastern Greene sports is taking a couple of steps backwards.  I realize the basketball team has been down lately but the football team was on the rise and doing very well.  Sounds like they are killing the goose that laid the golden eggs.  Too bad the players and the fans are the ones who have to pay for someone else's agenda.

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

Too bad the players and the fans are the ones who have to pay for someone else's agenda.

When school boards take an active role in education, that is suppose to be a good thing.  I mean that's why they were created.  However in numerous cases, especially in small schools corporations, the school boards use the power to hire "their" people.  Typically, they don't care about anyone else except themselves.  I have heard stories from a former AD about taking names of coaches to the board but the board says, "No.  We are hiring Mr. Smith. So get on board."  I could go on and on about stories from school boards and principals from first hand accounts but I think all the educators on the GID understand.  Nevertheless, sad state of affairs for the Eastern Greene students and community.

1 hour ago, Coach_K said:

When school boards take an active role in education, that is suppose to be a good thing.  I mean that's why they were created.  However in numerous cases, especially in small schools corporations, the school boards use the power to hire "their" people.  Typically, they don't care about anyone else except themselves.  I have heard stories from a former AD about taking names of coaches to the board but the board says, "No.  We are hiring Mr. Smith. So get on board."  I could go on and on about stories from school boards and principals from first hand accounts but I think all the educators on the GID understand.  Nevertheless, sad state of affairs for the Eastern Greene students and community.

School boards are supposed to focus on policy, not administrative roles.  

25 minutes ago, Coach Dowell said:

Board Meeting was conducted last evening and they have hired their guy.   Coach announced it via face-book last night and is really excited about getting the job!  Is that official enough to announce it?

Yes

After getting Coach's approval... Roy Bruce will be Eastern Greene's new football coach.   Roy and family are ready to begin their life as Thunderbirds.  Congrats to Coach Bruce as he begins his tenure!

Coach Bruce comes from Bedford North Lawrence where he has been Varsity Wrestling Coach.  Additionally Coach Bruce has worked with both the high school and middle school football programs over the years.   As i stated previously this is a good hire for Eastern.  Coach Bruce will bring the energy and the kids will play hard for him.

Again Best Of Luck Coach!

On 5/13/2019 at 7:12 AM, itiswhatitis said:

First the head football coach and now the head basketball coach is gone?  Eastern Greene sports is taking a couple of steps backwards.  I realize the basketball team has been down lately but the football team was on the rise and doing very well.  Sounds like they are killing the goose that laid the golden eggs.  Too bad the players and the fans are the ones who have to pay for someone else's agenda.

Eastern basketball might take a step forward.

This move had nothing to do with the recent school board proceedings. Should have happened a long time ago.

On 5/12/2019 at 1:06 PM, kingtut said:

Neill did the right thing...

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, Coach Dowell said:

After getting Coach's approval... Roy Bruce will be Eastern Greene's new football coach.   Roy and family are ready to begin their life as Thunderbirds.  Congrats to Coach Bruce as he begins his tenure!

Coach Bruce comes from Bedford North Lawrence where he has been Varsity Wrestling Coach.  Additionally Coach Bruce has worked with both the high school and middle school football programs over the years.   As i stated previously this is a good hire for Eastern.  Coach Bruce will bring the energy and the kids will play hard for him.

Again Best Of Luck Coach!

From my understanding, not much of a football resume , for this coach. But a good coach can coach anything, as the saying goes.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:54 AM, southend said:

From my understanding, not much of a football resume , for this coach. But a good coach can coach anything, as the saying goes.

Tongue firmly in cheek, in the words of a notorious poster, “Why didn’t they just contract?”

😳😂😇

i really do try to behave, sometimes I just can’t help it.

As a sectional foe, I hope they get the train back on the track at Eastern Greene. 

• 2 years later...

I was researching the EG job and came across this old thread. Is it the same school board? I'm curious if because of the way things went down last time, it will cause some to still see this as a good ol boy situation and not apply. 

Obviously things took a turn for the worst, but any insight on what the program currently looks like? Returning starters? Youth program? Numbers?