Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Monrovia Head Coach

Andy Olson – Head Varsity Football Coach
Monrovia High School May 11, 2020

Andy Olson has been named the 13th Varsity Head Football Coach in Monrovia’s illustrious history. Andy is a 2005
graduate of Avon High School, a 3 year varsity letter winner in football, and played 2 years of baseball. He is also a
2010 graduate of Purdue University, where he earned his Bachelors Degree. Coach Olson and his wife Andrea have
two children: Ainsley (6) and Arlow (2).

“I’m thrilled to be back in the Monrovia community to bring passion, energy and stability to the football program. I’m
truly blessed to be able to call Monrovia my home again, but I’m most excited to build character in our young men
and help them become an asset to the community. We will get back to our roots of playing with physicality and
toughness. Playing in the ICC is the ultimate preparation for the postseason, as it is the toughest ‘small school’
conference in the state of Indiana.” – Andy Olson

Coach Olson comes to Monrovia, most recently from Lebanon High School, where he was the offensive coordinator
and quarterbacks coach during the 2018 and 2019 seasons. While at Lebanon, Olson’s offense averaged 28
points/game in the Sagamore Conference. Prior to his time at Lebanon, Coach Olson was an integral part of one of the
most successful runs that Monrovia football has ever experienced. He coached QB’s, TE’s and DB’s during from 2011
to 2017. In that time, Monrovia football amassed 50 wins, 3 Sectional titles, 3 Regional titles and the 2015 State
Championship.

“We’re very excited that Andy Olson is coming back to Monrovia. We are confident that he is going to return the
program to our traditional ways of success through discipline and physicality. He is a proven winner and we’re eager
to see him lead our football program, as I know he will be an excellent role model for our students and community.” –
Todd Evers

During this time of uncertainty and non-physical meetings (May & June), Coach Olson will be reaching out through
HUDL and Remind to set up Zoom meetings with players and coaches to discuss the summer calendar, team rules and
playbook installs. Any players interested in playing football, please reach out Coach Olson so that he may begin
building his 2020 roster.

I had the pleasure of working with Coach Olsen when we were both very young at Harrison in West Lafayette.  We have since reconnected several times at clinics and I could not be happier for him and his family.  Great hire for Monrovia!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1