Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

QBs to Watch in 2019? (All 4 Classes)

Cole Wiseman from Zionsville, saw action in many games last year and has a fantastic pure arm. He also started in the 2017 playoff run as a Sophomore and led Zville to a sectional title win over New Pal.

Plus, he plays in a very pass-friendly offense and should have some astronomical statistics as a Zville QB normally does. 

Avon and Brownsburg are both returning starters at QB who started as Sophomores last season. Both Hesson (Avon) and Easters (Brownsburg) threw for nearly 2,000 yards last year. 

Another HCC QB who returns is Camden Simmons of Westfield.

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I'm sorry, I don't know names, in no particular order, all impressed me as freshmen last season:

Soph at Lawrenceburg

Soph at Bloomington North

Soph at Gibson Southern

The soon to be sophomore at GIbson Southern is Brady Allen. Already holds 4 D1 offers and has visited numerous colleges

Gibson Southern returns a lot of the offense including 3 good WRs and a RB who is emerging as both a ball carrier and pass catcher. I’m not entirely sure about the 2020 and 2021 seasons in terms of talent at the other positions but this 2019 season should be a very well oiled machine on offense. Might be a special year with how much talent is on the offense. 

• Like 1

Just saw video on Covenant Christian’s junior to be. Was a highlight video but was really impressed his footwork and ball handling/play fakes. Can tell he’s been coached well. Has good arm strength that should keep getting better as he gets older. 

Cole Alexander from Lapel- Strong arm and mobile. 40+ combined TDs as a junior. 

Peyton Starks from Shenandoah- Only had 1800 yards passing 34 combined TDs because he plays in a predominately run oriented offense but he has a very strong arm.  

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 10:33 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

In the Hoosier conference and 3a the name has to be Kyle Adams at West Lafayette 

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/kyle-adams/Swe44fbVEeW-8KA2nzwbTA/gendersport/football-stats.htm

18-19 Junior Varsity 15 285 406 3945 .702 13.8 263.0 19.0 47 3.1 13 94 126.3

...and a 3A state championship as well!

On 2/19/2019 at 3:17 PM, jfries said:

Cole Alexander from Lapel- Strong arm and mobile. 40+ combined TDs as a junior. 

Peyton Starks from Shenandoah- Only had 1800 yards passing 34 combined TDs because he plays in a predominately run oriented offense but he has a very strong arm.  

Was highly impressed with Lapels Alexander. Duel threat, good size and strength, very competitive. Good football player.

On 2/19/2019 at 10:31 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

The soon to be sophomore at GIbson Southern is Brady Allen. Already holds 4 D1 offers and has visited numerous colleges

Gibson Southern returns a lot of the offense including 3 good WRs and a RB who is emerging as both a ball carrier and pass catcher. I’m not entirely sure about the 2020 and 2021 seasons in terms of talent at the other positions but this 2019 season should be a very well oiled machine on offense. Might be a special year with how much talent is on the offense. 

Who are the 4 current offers from?  I know there will be plenty more to come!

1 hour ago, 2017statechamps said:

Who are the 4 current offers from?  I know there will be plenty more to come!

Indiana was the first. 

Then Virginia tech 

the. Purdue and Cincy on the same day. 

Visits wise:  Ohio state twice, Michigan St twice I believe,  and then I think he attended some team camps for Other P5 conference teams. 

If if memory serves me right, there are a lot of P5 schools following him on twitter keeping tabs on him.  I know there is a lot of chatter among some of the Notre Dame fan base about him and wanted the Irish to extend an offer but he is so young still that the best schools in the country will likely wait. 

Gotta add the New Prairie QB, Chase Ketterer, to the mix.  He had about 2,300 total yards last year and somewhere around 30 total TDs.  He was selected as the 4A IFCA Junior All State QB.  Should have a solid year with a lot of key offensive players coming back.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 9:31 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

How does a Freshman hold 4 D1 offers under the new NCAA recruiting rules? Official visits?

37 minutes ago, NPFB said:

How does a Freshman hold 4 D1 offers under the new NCAA recruiting rules? Official visits?

You can make unofficial visits on your own any time. I would assume most of these schools offer camps that athletes can attend. I'm assuming the offers are made then. Been a while since I've been in the recruiting business, but I assume most of this still holds true. 

• Like 1