Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

QBs to Watch in 2019? (All 4 Classes)

26 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

You can make unofficial visits on your own any time. I would assume most of these schools offer camps that athletes can attend. I'm assuming the offers are made then. Been a while since I've been in the recruiting business, but I assume most of this still holds true. 

Most schools that I have talked to regarding underclassmen have stated that they cant actively recruit anyone until the completion of their Junior year.  So I think all we can do is send players to camps. Even on game day visits, coaches have limited their contact with underclassmen. 

1 hour ago, NPFB said:

How does a Freshman hold 4 D1 offers under the new NCAA recruiting rules? Official visits?

I have no idea good sir. I do know you can take as many unofficial visits as you are offered...official visits are limited to 5 and I believe only to seniors 

As for the offers, I’m just repeating what is being reported. Rivals & 24/7 sports say he got these offers

7 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I have no idea good sir. I do know you can take as many unofficial visits as you are offered...official visits are limited to 5 and I believe only to seniors 

As for the offers, I’m just repeating what is being reported. Rivals & 24/7 sports say he got these offers

https://247sports.com/Player/Brady-Allen-46058154/

image.thumb.png.5e81df377d9e8237d3dc2d7f3edf6f72.png

8589522.JPG?fit=bounds&crop=150:200,offset-y0.50&width=150&height=200

Brady Allen
  • GIBSON SOUTHERN 
  • PRO
  • 6-5
  • CLASS OF 22

Brady Allen Timeline Events

• 4648240.png?fit=bounds&crop=50:50,offset-y0.50&width=50&height=50
    January 31, 2019: Offer

Cincinnati Bearcats offer Brady Allen

• 4648329.png?fit=bounds&crop=50:50,offset-y0.50&width=50&height=50
    January 31, 2019: Offer

Purdue Boilermakers offer Brady Allen

• 8917330.png?fit=bounds&crop=50:50,offset-y0.50&width=50&height=50
    December 14, 2018: Unofficial Visit

Brady Allen unofficially visits Ohio State Buckeyes

• 8483263.png?fit=bounds&crop=50:50,offset-y0.50&width=50&height=50
    November 24, 2018: Unofficial Visit

Brady Allen unofficially visits Indiana Hoosiers

• 8483240.png?fit=bounds&crop=50:50,offset-y0.50&width=50&height=50
    November 10, 2018: Unofficial Visit

Brady Allen unofficially visits Michigan State Spartans

October 14, 2018: Offer

Indiana Hoosiers offer Brady Allen

• 8917330.png?fit=bounds&crop=50:50,offset-y0.50&width=50&height=50
    October 13, 2018: Unofficial Visit

Brady Allen unofficially visits Ohio State Buckeyes

October 06, 2018: Unofficial Visit

Brady Allen unofficially visits Cincinnati Bearcats

September 22, 2018: Unofficial Visit

Brady Allen unofficially visits Indiana Hoosiers

• 4682461.png?fit=bounds&crop=50:50,offset-y0.50&width=50&height=50
    July 29, 2018: School Camp

Brady Allen attends Oklahoma State Cowboys camp

• 4649335.png?fit=bounds&crop=50:50,offset-y0.50&width=50&height=50
    June 24, 2018: School Camp

Brady Allen attends Miami camp

June 17, 2018: School Camp

Brady Allen attends Cincinnati Bearcats camp

June 08, 2018: School Camp

Brady Allen attends Indiana Hoosiers camp

Edited by Titan32

Very interesting, Cincinnati was one of the schools to tell me that they cant actively recruit 2021 and 2022 yet. I had a player invited to a game this year and there was very little contact. Then to actually receive offers confuses me even more.  Thanks for the info. 

2 minutes ago, NPFB said:

Very interesting, Cincinnati was one of the schools to tell me that they cant actively recruit 2021 and 2022 yet. I had a player invited to a game this year and there was very little contact. Then to actually receive offers confuses me even more.  Thanks for the info. 

I don't think an offer constitutes contact... perhaps.  Nor do I think an offer requires a "formal" visit.

Again it's been a while since I've been involved, but if you're physically on campus, you're fair game. Aside from the obvious dead periods. 

Also keep in mind, these offers to underclassmen and "verbal" commitments mean absolutely jack squat. Until you sign on the dotted line, which can't happen until you're a senior.  

49 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

There has to be something Im missing with these new rules. Ive only had the opportunity to coach a handful D1 athletes in the last 20 years, the last one a couple years ago and the process was less complicated. When I was told about their new restrictions, I wondered how to go about getting attention started with an underclassman. Even a lot of the invite camps are being restricted to Juniors and seniors now.  

20 minutes ago, NPFB said:

There has to be something Im missing with these new rules. Ive only had the opportunity to coach a handful D1 athletes in the last 20 years, the last one a couple years ago and the process was less complicated. When I was told about their new restrictions, I wondered how to go about getting attention started with an underclassman. Even a lot of the invite camps are being restricted to Juniors and seniors now.  

Well I’m not exactly sure about the underclassmen you have worked with and work with but I think many familiar with Brady Allen understand he is likely the exception.

i recall arguing with some fellow GS posters a few years ago when on came on here and said something along the lines of “Look for the name Brady Allen. I guarantee you he starts for Gibson Southern as a freshman” I recall arguing that there was no way Coach Hart starts a freshman QB when there are others who already know the system and will be upperclassmen. Off the top of my head I can only think of 4/5 players in the the past 8 years who started as freshman and all 4 were the class of 2016 playing their final high school season in 2015.

None the less, when Brady got the nod (of which he had to battle an extra 3 weeks in the offseason to get that spot over Delong) it made the papers and news stations....since then the buzz has only grown after finishing the season with 2400 yards, 29 TDs vs 4 Ints along with 4 rushing TDs. 

Its rather hard to explain and compare Brady’s situation to what your players may be experiencing but I think Brady is an exception among typical experiences and truthfully I think there is just something special about this this young gunslinger. 

2 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Well I’m not exactly sure about the underclassmen you have worked with and work with but I think many familiar with Brady Allen understand he is likely the exception.

i recall arguing with some fellow GS posters a few years ago when on came on here and said something along the lines of “Look for the name Brady Allen. I guarantee you he starts for Gibson Southern as a freshman” I recall arguing that there was no way Coach Hart starts a freshman QB when there are others who already know the system and will be upperclassmen. Off the top of my head I can only think of 4/5 players in the the past 8 years who started as freshman and all 4 were the class of 2016 playing their final high school season in 2015.

None the less, when Brady got the nod (of which he had to battle an extra 3 weeks in the offseason to get that spot over Delong) it made the papers and news stations....since then the buzz has only grown after finishing the season with 2400 yards, 29 TDs vs 4 Ints along with 4 rushing TDs. 

Its rather hard to explain and compare Brady’s situation to what your players may be experiencing but I think Brady is an exception among typical experiences and truthfully I think there is just something special about this this young gunslinger. 

No doubt, sounds like he is one of the top players, but that doesnt change the recruiting process. All I can figure is that schools must still be able to verbally offer kids prior to the the completion of their junior year. 

28 minutes ago, NPFB said:

No doubt, sounds like he is one of the top players, but that doesnt change the recruiting process. All I can figure is that schools must still be able to verbally offer kids prior to the the completion of their junior year. 

I did some thumbing around on the internet because I was curious too and this is probably the best thing I have found regarding the concept of early recruiting 

https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/how-to-get-recruited/early-scholarship-offers

39 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I did some thumbing around on the internet because I was curious too and this is probably the best thing I have found regarding the concept of early recruiting 

https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/how-to-get-recruited/early-scholarship-offers

This is a really good and it is what I thought. It points out exactly my question. How are underclassmen getting offers??? Schools must just be taking a chance without really ever meeting the kids. Thanks for the info and I apologize on changing the subject from the original title of the blog. Lets get back to discussion on Top Qbs.  I was just happy to see someone mention ours. LOL

• Official visits: Recruits can now start taking official visits starting September 1 of their junior year of high school. In the past, official visits weren't permitted until the athlete's senior year of high school, so this rule is actually bumping them up!
  • College camps and clinics: Recruits and college coaches are not allowed to have any recruiting conversations during camps prior to September 1 of the athlete's junior year of high school. Previously, there weren't really any rules that prevented coaches from talking about recruiting to underclassmen during camps. In fact, it had become common practice for college coaches to extend verbal scholarship offers to top recruits during camps.
  • Unofficial visits: College athletic departments are not allowed to be involved in a recruit's unofficial visits. Quick refresher: Unofficial visits are any campus visits paid for entirely by the recruit's family. Before the rule change, unofficial visits were an easy way for underclassmen to visit a college camps, meet with the coach and get an early verbal offer. However, if athletes want to take unofficial visits now, they cannot schedule them with the coach-they should treat the unofficial visit just like any other student would. If the recruit happens to bump into the coach on campus, they can't have any recruiting conversations at that time.
Edited by NPFB
  • Like 1

@NPFB UC has offered 3 2022's. 

https://247sports.com/college/cincinnati/Season/2022-Football/Offers/

It has been my experience that mid-majors will make offers early when they think they've found that diamond, and by making early offers, the get that star that the big guys waited on. Unfortunately as I stated early, verbal commitments don't mean jack squat, and when the big guys come knocking.....see year later, I want to play on TV on Saturday night, not Thursday night. 

Edited by Impartial_Observer
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2019 at 11:44 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

i recall arguing with some fellow GS posters a few years ago when on came on here and said something along the lines of “Look for the name Brady Allen. I guarantee you he starts for Gibson Southern as a freshman” I recall arguing that there was no way Coach Hart starts a freshman QB when there are others who already know the system and will be upperclassmen. 

I think you missed the boat on this one.  The GS folks I know and work with said it was a foregone conclusion when the Allen kid was in 8th grade that he would start as a frosh.  Heard he won the job a couple weeks after the first summer workouts started and was the guy all through 7on7 season.  That’s impressive! Most freshman only get the chance out of necessity of injury.  

The cool thing I heard was Coach Hart went to each senior to get their input before announcing his decision.  Apparently they all voted yes.  Have to make sure the whole locker room was behind the young QB knowing there was going to be early season setbacks. 

I just hope Colson is back out this year.  Love to see these 2 battle it out the next 2 years.

20 minutes ago, Ridge_raider said:

I think you missed the boat on this one.  The GS folks I know and work with said it was a foregone conclusion when the Allen kid was in 8th grade that he would start as a frosh.  Heard he won the job a couple weeks after the first summer workouts started and was the guy all through 7on7 season.  That’s impressive! Most freshman only get the chance out of necessity of injury.  

The cool thing I heard was Coach Hart went to each senior to get their input before announcing his decision.  Apparently they all voted yes.  Have to make sure the whole locker room was behind the young QB knowing there was going to be early season setbacks. 

I just hope Colson is back out this year.  Love to see these 2 battle it out the next 2 years.

What’s bad is I should have known considering my brother is the year below brady, playing linebacker. So it’s not like I haven’t seen him play before lol.  

I never heard that about coach hart. That is really cool that he went to the seniors.  Just another reason Coach Hart has the complete support of the Gibson Southern community. Everyone supports him

as for Colson, I heard he wasn’t playing. Was going to focus on baseball 

• 3 months later...