Sign in to follow this  
Bobref

Notre Dame 2020

23 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

hope its LONG TERM  

That's probably a 50/50 split among fans. My vote is for independence. 

6 hours ago, DT said:

Didnt somebody on here recently say that ND would NEVER drop the Navy game?

I've said that. My guess is that they'd be more likely to drop USC than Navy.

2 hours ago, DT said:

Could the Irish "convince" Navy that maybe they would rather not play this game given all the COVID Related issues?

Nope. I'm not a ND administrator, but I think Navy ranks higher than USC and Stanford. 

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

But I firmly believe that the ND side of that discussion is absolutely committed to playing Navy as long as Navy wants to play. Some things are non-negotiable at Notre Dame. That’s one of them.

Fact.

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

I agree with you there. But I’m hoping it doesn’t happen.

I really don't think it will. On one hand, I think DT makes a good point. If there is a year, then this is it. But I'd put a friendly 4 to 1 odds that Notre Dame keeps Navy somehow this year. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, BTF said:

That's probably a 50/50 split among fans. My vote is for independence. 

I've said that. My guess is that they'd be more likely to drop USC than Navy.

Nope. I'm not a ND administrator, but I think Navy ranks higher than USC and Stanford. 

Fact.

I really don't think it will. On one hand, I think DT makes a good point. If there is a year, then this is it. But I'd put a friendly 4 to 1 odds that Notre Dame keeps Navy somehow this year. 

Notre Dames strategic move to the east and diminished efforts in the midwest and the west coast (no stanford/no usc) put it right into the thick of ACC-SEC recruiting country in the southeast.  That could be brutal given the schools entry requirements.  Look at what happened to Miami when they entered the ACC.   All those Catholic school midwest kids with high GPAs and uber smart and rich west coast kids are at risk with this new strategy.  

Edited by DT

So just saw SEC is playing 10 conference games only. Wonder if this will factor into ACC scheduling an extra non conference game or strictly playing an ACC schedule?

have I missed what the big 10 is doing this year as far as scheduling?

No Navy this year for the Irish, also the schedule is much easier now. Arguably the best schedule ND has had in over 50 years.