Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Well, they either played in a very tough conference and peaked at the right time...... or Homestead sucked!

🙄

9 hours ago, BTF said:

What does that have to do with them winning one game in the HCC? 

It means he just took a swipe at NE Indiana football and The SAC in particular

2 hours ago, DT said:

Which is deserved but which is it?

Usually when teams in the MIC/HCC don't have postseason success, its due to the grind of the conference season wearing them out.  (Avon)

When teams make deep runs or overachieve in the postseason, the conference "prepared them" for battle. (Noblesville/Zionsville)

Just trying to keep up with which narrative we are following here...

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, DT said:

The SAC has 21 state championships by 6 different teams, so the record pretty much speaks for itself. As far as this Stax character goes, he doesn't possess the football intellect or certainly the mental capacity to engage in an intelligent football debate. Why Noblesville "almost" beat Homestead last year isn't worth 20 seconds of my time. The Spartans know, and that's all that matters.

49 minutes ago, BTF said:

The SAC has 21 state championships by 6 different teams, so the record pretty much speaks for itself. As far as this Stax character goes, he doesn't possess the football intellect or certainly the mental capacity to engage in an intelligent football debate. Why Noblesville "almost" beat Homestead last year isn't worth 20 seconds of my time. The Spartans know, and that's all that matters.

How many at the 5A/6A level?

I can see both sides of this debate (and made some money off of the Homestead/Noblesville contest, LOL).  The SAC has a proud history but the HCC is the conference of the future.

HCC folks just need stay in their lane and pump the brakes for a couple more years...

3 hours ago, BTF said:

I  will admit I am a character. But SAC posters need to admit they sometimes have an inflated ego.

Edited by Staxawax

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

How many at the 5A/6A level?

I can see both sides of this debate (and made some money off of the Homestead/Noblesville contest, LOL).  The SAC has a proud history but the HCC is the conference of the future.

HCC folks just need stay in their lane and pump the brakes for a couple more years...

The SAC represents a wide range of classes. With much smaller schools, they'll never compete with the HCC head to head. Three or four teams at the top? Sure. But not from top to bottom. 

Two at the 5A level. Both won by Snider.One was against a school two and a half times their size. Northrop isn't much of anything when it comes to football. Carroll and Homestead are new additions to the SAC. The rest of the teams represent the smaller classes. Snider could make a case for having the best team in the state of Indiana five times (despite a much smaller enrollment than their counterparts)...............86', 92', 97', 04', and 15'. 

And congrats on your winnings last year, sincerely.  Funny how Homestead almost loses to Noblesville one week and outplays Carmel for a half the next. Anything can happen. Remember when Elmhurst  was featured in USA Today for having lost several games in a row (I don't remember exactly. It was in the 60 range I believe)? That streak ended against the defending state champions..........Dwenger. 

Edited by BTF
Additional wording

13 minutes ago, BTF said:

Two at the 5A level. Both won by Snider.One was against a school two and a half times their size. Northrop isn't much of anything when it comes to football. Carroll and Homestead are new additions to the SAC. The rest of the teams represent the smaller classes. Snider could make a case for having the best team in the state of Indiana five times...............86', 92', 97', 04', and 15'. 

This is an example of inflated ego.  "Make a case"?  You lost to a national power in '04 but constantly gripe about how you could have/should have won it. In '15 you lost semi state to um, oh yeah...... Westfield (HCC).

14 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Welp.  Tried to edit my above post.  It was '16 when you lost to Westfield.  In '15 you beat New Pal in the BBL state championship for 5A, 64-61.  Kudos.

I didn't beat anyone, but thanks anyway.