Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

9 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Welp... with tonight's news that Concord, NorthWood and Northirdge have suspended sports, I guess we'll be lucky to see a season. It will be interesting to see if Plymouth, Warsaw and Wawasee (and I guess Mishawaka for now - but they're in a "hotter" zone than the other schools) end up playing a season if those others do not. If most of the NIC gets taken out as well, it'll be interesting to see if unaffected teams try and stick it out for a season and come up with random schedules almost week by week or something.

For Warsaw, depending on what happens, but lets say all of Lake, Porter, LaPorte, St Joseph and Elkhart county schools shut down football this season. Hypothetical schedule like this:

8/21: @ Huntington North
8/28: vs. East Noble (since East Noble would have an opening with NorthWood being shut down)
9/4: @ Plymouth
9/11: vs. Culver Military (since CMA would have an opening with Hobart being shut down)
9/18: @ Wawasee (move the game up earlier in the year to make way for a possible make-up for one of the suspended teams if they come back)
9/25: @ Knox (since Knox would have an opening with LaVille being shut down - school is literally at the very southern edge of St. Joseph County. Plus, who wouldn't want to see Radtke vs. Curtis?)
10/2: vs. Angola (since Angola would have an opening with South Bend Clay being shut down)
10/9: vs. Lakeland (since Lakeland would have an opening with Fairfield being shut down)
10/16: vs. Breman (since Breman would have an opening with South Bend Clay being shut down)

It's not the most intriguing schedule (6 - 4A schools, 2 - 3A schools, 1 - 2A school), but it would be a full 9 game schedule (wishful thinking I know!). And would help those other teams fill out their own schedules due to programs being shut down. As well, while smaller schools, programs such as East Noble, CMA, Knox and Angola are no slouches.

2 things. Knox is in Starke County and I love the idea of scheduling BremEn. Had to give you a little grief for your misspelling. 

54 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

2 things. Knox is in Starke County and I love the idea of scheduling BremEn. Had to give you a little grief for your misspelling. 

I didn't include Starke county in my "scenario", thus making them a safe school to pick from. My statement of "school is literally at the very southern edge of St. Joseph County" was in reference to LaVille being "shut down" and thus opening that week up in Knox's schedule.

And WOW - embarrassing spelling error there. It was late last night when typing up my post lol.

Edited by NLCTigerFan07

10 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Welp... with tonight's news that Concord, NorthWood and Northirdge have suspended sports, I guess we'll be lucky to see a season. It will be interesting to see if Plymouth, Warsaw and Wawasee (and I guess Mishawaka for now - but they're in a "hotter" zone than the other schools) end up playing a season if those others do not. If most of the NIC gets taken out as well, it'll be interesting to see if unaffected teams try and stick it out for a season and come up with random schedules almost week by week or something.

For Warsaw, depending on what happens, but lets say all of Lake, Porter, LaPorte, St Joseph and Elkhart county schools shut down football this season. Hypothetical schedule like this:

8/21: @ Huntington North
8/28: vs. East Noble (since East Noble would have an opening with NorthWood being shut down)
9/4: @ Plymouth
9/11: vs. Culver Military (since CMA would have an opening with Hobart being shut down)
9/18: @ Wawasee (move the game up earlier in the year to make way for a possible make-up for one of the suspended teams if they come back)
9/25: @ Knox (since Knox would have an opening with LaVille being shut down - school is literally at the very southern edge of St. Joseph County. Plus, who wouldn't want to see Radtke vs. Curtis?)
10/2: vs. Angola (since Angola would have an opening with South Bend Clay being shut down)
10/9: vs. Lakeland (since Lakeland would have an opening with Fairfield being shut down)
10/16: vs. Breman (since Breman would have an opening with South Bend Clay being shut down)

It's not the most intriguing schedule (6 - 4A schools, 2 - 3A schools, 1 - 2A school), but it would be a full 9 game schedule (wishful thinking I know!). And would help those other teams fill out their own schedules due to programs being shut down. As well, while smaller schools, programs such as East Noble, CMA, Knox and Angola are no slouches.

Not sure about all the counties listed here but why are st.joe and la porte included as shutdown.   Last I seen their 7 day positive test  percentages were at 5% which is good. 

39 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Not sure about all the counties listed here but why are st.joe and la porte included as shutdown.   Last I seen their 7 day positive test  percentages were at 5% which is good. 

It was a hypothetical situation, calm down. Do not turn our NLC thread into a COVID thread, thank you.

• Kill me now 1

Which NLC teams will scrimmage Friday night?

I'm looking forward to hearing the helmets and pads crunch even if it's from outside the stadium.

We are one week closer to starting the season!!!  Bring on some football.

Edited by YoungBlood
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, YoungBlood said:

Which NLC teams will scrimmage Friday night?

I'm looking forward to hearing the helmets and pads crunch even if it's from outside the stadium.

We are one week closer to starting the season!!!  Bring on some football.

No Friday scrimmage in Plymouth.  As of right now we are scrimmaging on Saturday vs. SB Adams.  I don't know if it will be streamed or not.  The boys soccer coach told me that the Plymouth Athletic Department is going to stream home soccer games so I guess they will for football.  I will give more information when I can.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 7:37 AM, Plymouthfan91 said:

No Friday scrimmage in Plymouth.  As of right now we are scrimmaging on Saturday vs. SB Adams.  I don't know if it will be streamed or not.  The boys soccer coach told me that the Plymouth Athletic Department is going to stream home soccer games so I guess they will for football.  I will give more information when I can.

I have heard that North Wood, Goshen and Wawasee will Sream there home games.  Does anyone know if any of the other NLC School's will do the same?  I would think this would be a big money maker for some schools since they can only put 250 people in the stands.

1 hour ago, YoungBlood said:

I have heard that North Wood, Goshen and Wawasee will Sream there home games.  Does anyone know if any of the other NLC School's will do the same?  I would think this would be a big money maker for some schools since they can only put 250 people in the stands.

The NLC should offer a subscription for all of their games on a weekly basis.  Since Saturday football may not happen, I would watch other schools play.

18 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

I was able to watch our scrimmage from youtube.  We play East Noble on the road on Friday and they are streaming using the IHSAA station.  The cost is $10.  I might pay it and bring my TV outside and invite some friends over and watch the game.  

That sounds like alot of Fun!  I might have to do the same.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 11:50 AM, Plymouthfan91 said:

The NLC should offer a subscription for all of their games on a weekly basis.  Since Saturday football may not happen, I would watch other schools play.

I would agree with you.  NLC athletic directors should put this together.

It seems our NLC members have completely dried up and fallen off the face of the earth. With little to no insight, here are my predictions for week 1.

Marian @ Mishawaka: For the first time in.... how many years? this rivalry game will be an out of conference competition. Welcome to the NLC Cavemen! Mishawaka hasn't lost to the Knights since 2011 and I do not expect that to change tonight. Both teams lost talent from good teams last year, but I'm going with the Cavemen. Mishawaka by 17

Plymouth @ East Noble: Both teams lose talented QBs, so that is always a toss up. The Rockies and Knights have had extremely good battles over the past few years. I'll take the home team between the two as both teams figure out their identities. East Noble by 9

Warsaw @ Huntington North: The Tigers whalloped the Vikings last year in the season opener by a score of 52-13. I think Coach Prescott will get Huntingon North turned around this year, but do not expect much to change this first game. The Tigers lose a lot of production on both sides of the ball, but 2019 All-NLC running back Juan Jaramillo will be a stud this year. Along with a number of other talented skill players, the only way the Tigers lose this game is if they do not execute Bart Ball cleanly. Warsaw by 20

Wawasee @ Lakeland: I truly have very little to go off on this one. Both teams struggled through 2-8 seasons last year. Now the Lakers have a new head coach this season. I would love to see the Warriors be more competitive this season in the NLC, and hope they get a good start in LaGrange tonight. Wawasee by 14

Been hard to get motivated to post on here with so much in limbo, can't wait for us to finally start playing.   

That being said, great to have some area football back, looks like HN put up a good fight, and the game of the night was between Mishawaka and Marian.  Good to see Wawasee get a nice win and to see Plymouth get spanked  too 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Week 2

Concord @ Jimtown - Looking forward to seeing how this game unfolds. The past 5 years Concord is 2-3 against Jimtown. I am going with the home team but wouldn't be a bit surprised if I'm wrong . Jimtown by 7

East Noble @ Northwood - East Noble handled Plymouth well after the first quarter (Plymouth did have several crucial turnovers).  Northwood is a seasoned team for big games and is more times then not very relevant come October. I think the week 1 advantage of playing gives the Knights the edge in this one. East Noble by 10

Mishawaka @ Elkhart - Interesting match up here. Mishawaka appeared to have no problems scoring after a tight game with Marian. Not exactly sure what Elkhart will be like this year since the merger. My guess would be that Elkhart at home takes it. Elkhart by 7

Michigan City @ Warsaw - Warsaw's offensive is too effective by controlling the ball and managing the clock. I wouldn't think that MC can come to Warsaw and beat them . Warsaw by 14

West Noble @ Wawasee - West Noble has lost a lot of talent from the previous years and it showed week 1. Wawasee has been struggling for the past couple of years and hopefully they are on the up and up. I would think Wawasee gets off to a winning start this season in a close one. Wawasee by 3

Northridge @ St. Joe - St. Joe and NR have matched up well over the past 3 years with a 2-1 record in NR's favor. St. Joe however got off to a bumpy start by a loss to Bremen (not to discredit Bremen). Northridge does have a lot of question marks for this season. I think NR wins on the road. Northridge by 7

Plymouth @ Kokomo - Plymouth should bounce back this week and clean some things up. The past 2 seasons Plymouth beat Kokomo and I don't see this year being any different. Plymouth by 17

Goshen @ SB Clay - I don't think that Goshen will have much of an issue handling Clay this Friday given Clay's recent years. Goshen by 21

• Like 1

I'll hold off on much in depth guesses until next week since I don't know much about our teams this year.   Very thankful to finally have football back, we are just finishing up our busy travel baseball season that had no hiccups due to the virus which included tournaments out of state and around hundreds of kids and parents. 

Concord @ Jimtown -  . Concord by 14

East Noble @ Northwood - interested to see East Noble play Penn in a few weeks, but this one could be a good one too and possibly a rematch to come later on now that the Panthers are playing 4A?  - Northwood by 3

Mishawaka @ Elkhart - was really pulling for the Cavemen last week, what a crazy game!  Pulling for the Lions this week, but I think it will be a good one for most of the game.  - Elkhart by 17

Michigan City @ Warsaw - Warsaw in a close one last week, have to belive this will be close also. - Tigers by 7

West Noble @ Wawasee - Happy to see Wawasee start out with a big win.  - Warriors by 7

Northridge @ St. Joe - I have really enjoyed this week 2 addition to our schedule, i think the Indians bounce back and make this a close one at home. - Raiders by 4

Plymouth @ Kokomo - Plymouth got smacked around last week, i think they bounce back tonight. - Plymouth by 14

Goshen @ SB Clay - Should be a confidence boosting win for Goshen. - The Goshen Football Team by 18

My week 2 mostly uneducated predictions:

Concord (0-0) @ Jimtown (0-0): both teams did not play week 1, so not much to go off of. Mostly based on what I've read from the NIC threads, there seems to be a lot of uncertainty around the Jimmies. Breaking in a new coach, I guess I'll go with the Minutemen in this Elkhart County rivalry - Concord by 17

East Noble (1-0) @ NorthWood (0-0): should be a great game. The Knights defense crushed the Rockies last week, and will likely get a stiff test from a typically potent NorthWood offense under Coach Andrews. However, I think I have to give the nod to the team that already has a game under its belt - East Noble by 8

Goshen (0-0) @ South Bend Clay (1-0): this is an honest question; is Coach Park on the hotseat in Goshen? After the strong 2016 season, the Redhawks have a combined record of 4-27 over the last 3 years (with 2 of those wins over "little brother" Fairfield). Unfortunately that game was cancelled last week, but they do get to start off this season on the right foot by replacing Elkhart Central with South Bend Clay on the schedule. The Colonials beat Osceola Grace (who?) last week 7-0. If the Redhawks don't win this game, I'm not sure they'll win another one all season - Goshen by 17

Michigan City (1-0) @ Warsaw (1-0): Both the Wolves and Tigers played last week, so that is helpful. Michigan City destroyed South Bend Riley (why was this game even on the schedule?), while Warsaw outlasted a much improved Huntington North team. Last year's game was an absolute classic at beautiful Ames Field. I like the fact that the Tiger ground game was clicking on all cylinders last week and that they will be the home team. The Tiger defense has some concerns though... - Warsaw by 6

Mishawaka (0-1) @ Elkhart (0-0): The Cavemen lost in an instant classic to rival Marian in week 1, while the newly consolidated Elkhart High School makes its debut. Fun fact, Mishawaka has not lost to Elkhart Central or Elkhart Memorial since 2004 when Memorial beat the Cavement in the first round of sectionals. Since then, they have won 20 straight against the schools from Elkhart. Now that they have combined, will they be able to topple Mishawaka? I am going to say first game jitters and all the hype hold the Lions back in their first game - Mishawaka by 10

Northridge (0-0) @ South Bend St. Joseph (0-1): the home team has won each of the last 3 years games, however, after the Indians lost to Bremen last week, I say Northridge has the upper hand even though they have yet to play. Not sure what is going on at St Joe. They seem to be a program in decline. However, I do not have much insight into the Raiders. This is more my lack in faith of St. Joe - Northridge by 14

Plymouth (0-1) @ Kokomo (0-1): Both teams coming off pretty sound losses last week. The Rockies have defeated Kokomo each of the last 2 years after losing to East Noble in the first week. Kokomo is also a program trending downward with a new coach. This is more of a faith pick in Coach Barron and his staff that they will get the issues from week 1 shored up for a victory tonight. - Plymouth by 21

West Noble (0-1) @ Wawasee (1-0): The Warriors offense looked good and pretty balanced week 1. However, Lakeland is terrible. The Chargers will be a much better opponent to see if Wawasee could actually be improved this season. Last year West Noble had an undefeated regular season, including a 15 point victory over the Warriors. They lost quite a bit from last season though and lost to a Central Noble team that went 2-8 last year. I think the Warriors surprise some people and get this victory - Wawasee by 4

Unfortunately I am only responding from my phone since my work computer won’t let me get in the GID website. So abbreviated picks tonight:

Concord (1-0) @ NorthWood (0-1): Both teams coming off great games against strong opponents. Impressed with the Panther Black Crunch defense holding East Noble to 15 points. Give me NorthWood by 4

Northridge (1-0) @ Wawasee (2-0): Both teams are coming off shut out victories. Are the Warriors really improved this year? Or have their opponents been bad? This week we find out. Raiders beat a down SB St Joe team. I expect the Warriors to be a better test for them Give me Wawasee by 7

Warsaw (1-1) @ Plymouth (0-2): Both teams coming off disappointing losses where their offenses couldn’t capitalize and their defenses could come up with stops. Surprised at how bad the Warsaw defense has looked this year. The Rockies have defeated the Tigers the last 6 straight seasons. However, I don’t think Plymouth is going to be very good this year. Fingers crossed the losing streak ends here. Warsaw by 21

Mishawaka (0-2) at Warsaw (2-1)

NLC game of the week in my opinion, mentor vs understudy.  Mishawaka has lost 2 close ones to possibly the best team in the North and another very good Marian team.  Warsaw is no pushover either, but I look for the Cavemen to open their NLC debut with a win on the road in a game that will be over before the others start the 4th quarter.   Mishawaka by 10

Plymouth (0-3) at Northridge (2-0)

This game has typically been a toss up in recent years, with Plymouth winning last year at home.  Raiders looked good against 2 teams that are still trying to figure out if they're good or not this year and have both beat up on teams that aren't looking the best. Northridge Defense seems legit so far and we have a strong run game and capable passing game.  Looking for a big win for the Raiders at Interra Fields inaugural game.  Northridge by 24

Wawasee (2-1) at Concord (1-1)

Could be a good game but I'm not sold on either just yet.  Wawasee has some playmakers in the passing game that showed flashes last week.   Wawasee by 7

Bonus area pick for 2 teams that will likely face NLC teams in sectionals.  Looking for East Noble to shock Penn and win by 3.

Wish Northwood and Valpo could've made it happen, would have been great sectional prep for the Panthers. 

1 hour ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Seems like I'm just talking to myself at this point....

Over/Under on how quickly the Warsaw vs. Mishawaka game gets finished?

I'm still lurking, just been busy with a kid playing 2 sports right now and coaching youth football again this year.  Will try making it a point to post more, i changed jobs and don't get to sit in front of a computer screen 10 hours a day anymore. 

Really excited to see our kids get to finally enjoy a first class facility!