Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

43 minutes ago, CTP said:

Northridge will have a great opportunity to play against a tough triple option team this week and bounce right back the following week vs Sectional favorite, Leo. Mishawaka should only help Northridge prepare. In all likelihood, it’ll be Northridge/Leo vs NotrthWood in the second round of sectionals. 

I think Northridge has a very good chance of beating Leo in the sectional. Coach Wogoman has gone a great job since taking over the program. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CTP said:

First post here... big time NLC fan for a long time. Always have read posts, but never chimed in. 

I don’t understand the co-champ logic. It should be decided off head to head. Beating the team you are “co-champ” with holds more weight than the roundabout way of how they have the same conference record, IMO. 

As for my nomination of “Game of the Week” - Mishawaka vs Northridge will be a slobber knocker. Both teams ground and pound. Easily the two best and meanest offensive lines I’ve watched this year. A lot on the line with a share of NLC to the victor (assuming Concord doesn’t stun Warsaw). Also, shout out to the Panthers for spoiling Warsaw’s chance of outright champion for second year in a row. Last year they did this to Plymouth in the final week.

Northridge will have a great opportunity to play against a tough triple option team this week and bounce right back the following week vs Sectional favorite, Leo. Mishawaka should only help Northridge prepare. In all likelihood, it’ll be Northridge/Leo vs NotrthWood in the second round of sectionals. 

Looking forward to Friday night at Interra Field.  Northridge won't have much of a home field advantage after the athletic department announced today that only family members will be allowed in. 

On 10/9/2020 at 10:18 AM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Great news on Coach Barron. Hopeful for a complete and full recovery!

As a side note - my picks were pretty daggone spot on last week. I think the first week it finally happened picking the winners and being close on the margins. Anyway, here are my picks for the penultimate week of the season:

Concord (4-2) @ Northridge (5-1): Channel 46 Game of the Week will be in Middlebury tonight. Should be a great game. Concord got the job done late against a very good Eastside team on short notice, while the Raiders let Goshen hang around more than I thought they would. While the Northridge defense gets a lot of talk (rightfully so), the Minutemen have been fairly stout as well on that side of the ball. I expect this to be a low scoring affair... Northridge by 4

Harrison (4-3) @ Goshen (1-3): Appreciate the Raiders making the long treck up to Goshen from West Lafayette with both teams looking for an opponent this week, but I do no anticipate this being much of a game once the whistle blows. Harrison is averaging 41+ points per game, and have only once scored less than 40 points this season. That spells bad news for the RedHawks. If there is any sliver of hope, Harrison has given up some high point totals this year, but those teams (Westfield, Lafayette Jeff, Roncalli) are all much, much better than Goshen. This one will be ugly by halftime... Harrison by 28

Warsaw (6-1) @ NorthWood (2-3): If last week's game is any indication, "Bart Ball" should rule again in Nappanee tonight. However, I have a strong feeling the Black Crunch defense will have used last week's practice and game against Mishawaka and found what did and did not work. As always, the Tigers have to play fundamentally sound on offense. As long as they continue to do that, they will be just fine. Always a tough task to go to Andrews Field and get a victory though. Warsaw has lost 7 of their last 8 times on the road at NorthWood. However, I expect a different result this week for the Tigers... Warsaw by 11

Wawasee (2-5) @ Mishawaka (3-3): Much like my write up last week for the "W" game, two teams going in completely different directions. The Cavement have been impressive in back to back weeks with wins over Concord and NorthWood, while the Warriors might wish they were in the Northeast Corner Conference instead of the NLC. August seems like ages ago, and Wawasee will have to wait one more week before they have a chance to get back into the win column... Mishawaka by 29

@Slick John Picanos give me Northridge, Harrison, Warsaw and Wawasee 😂

3-1 with a Wawasee back-door cover.  Time to parlay that success!!!

• Haha 1

Concord 2-3 @ Warsaw 5-1 (-13.5): A lot to play for here for Warsaw.  It will be interesting to see if Concord can come back from their performance last week.  Not sure Concord has the horses on defense to keep up with Warsaw's offense. 

Goshen 0-3 (-6) @ Wawasee 0-6: A positve result comes out of this for one of the teams.  I personally think that Goshen is playing a little better since coming back from quarantine back in September- last weeks result not withstanding.  Wawasee's facility is good enough for a point to keep them from losing by a full 7 points.  That- and the weather is too cold for the lake which may bring some fans in!!!

Mishawaka 4-1 (-3.5) @ Northridge 5-1:  Northridge struggled just enough against Warsaw's offense to make me worry about the boys from Middlebury in this title game.  Should be high scoring if Northridge is as two dimensional on offense as last week.  

COVID 0-1 @ John Barron 1-0:  Way to go Coach Barron- glad you are back on your feet!

• Thanks 1

Last week of the regular season and a bunch of teams are playing for the share or out right NLC champions. 

Goshen at Wawasee- One team will get their first NLC win of the year. I think Goshen has played half way decent against NLC opponents. I don’t think Wawasee can beat a NLC team. Give me Goshen by 7. 

Concord at Warsaw- A lot on the line here for Warsaw. With a loss Warsaw will not have a share of the NLC title. Concord is coming off a big loss against Northridge. I think both teams will come ready to play. I’m taking Warsaw by 13.

Mishawaka at Northridge- Game of the week in the NLC. Both teams have a lot to play for. Northridge with a win will at least share the NLC title. Not sure what will happen if Mishawaka wins and Warsaw wins if they would share the title or not. Northridge struggled with the Warsaw offense when they played weeks back. Mishawaka is really rolling after a tough start. This will be a very physical game. I think Northridge will put it out at the end. Northridge by 4

Hope everyone has a safe Friday. Enjoy some football this weekend.

10 minutes ago, Raiderman 2016 said:

Not sure what will happen if Mishawaka wins and Warsaw wins if they would share the title or not. Northridge struggled with the Warsaw offense when they played weeks back. Mishawaka is really rolling after a tough start. This will be a very physical game. I think Northridge will put it out at the end. Northridge by 4

Saw where the Mishawaka coach said the conference is going to count their first round game against Goshen as a conference match-up. So essentially if Warsaw wins 
Mishawaka will have to beat Northridge and Goshen to share the title. 

"Fun" fact for the NLC this year. The two teams in Kosciusko County were the only ones able to play their season uniterrupted/as planned with no cancellations or rescheduling of new opponents to their 9 game regular season schedule. Here is to hoping ALL NLC teams stay safe through their respective tournament runs. Also happy to hear about Coach Barron. Hope he and the Rockies will be ready to go in the first round of sectionals.

Here are my week 9 picks:

Concord (4-3) @ Warsaw (6-2): Disappointing result for the Tigers last week in Nappanee. What a house of horrors Andrews Field is for Warsaw, with a record of 2-12 the last 14 years visiting NorthWood. The Tigers will have to put that game behind them if they want to capture a share of the NLC title for the first time since 2001. Concord is a second half rally against Eastside away from being on a 3 game skid. After seeing what Mishawaka and Northridge have done on offense against the Minutemen, I have faith my Tigers will pull out the victory at home... Warsaw by 13

Goshen (1-4) @ Wawasee (2-6): Without being too offensive (which neither team has much of - zinger!), not much to write about this game. After week 2, I truly thought the Warriors would find a way to win 4 games this season, and maybe even surprise with a 5th and have a winning record. Boy was I wrong. Wawasee is averaging 7 points on offense in conference games, while giving up 35 points on defense. As stated above, Goshen at least looked a little better against Warsaw and Northridge, but they do not have much of a defense either. Could end up being a shootout in Syracuse tonight... Goshen by 4

Mishawaka (4-3) @ Northridge (6-1): Game of the week in the NLC. Northridge has been impressive all year, even in their loss to Warsaw. A few untimely turnovers and penalties is what lost that game for them. However, we'll see what improvements the Raider defense has made in their second go around with "Bart Ball" (sorry Cavemen fans... it's what it is). The highest scoring offense (35.7 ppg) vs the lowest scoring defense (9.1 ppg) in the conference clash tonight. As much as I like the Raiders, Mishawaka has been on a roll the last 4 weeks. Before that, they were only 16 points away from being 7-0 coming into this game. I like the Cavemen in what could be the game of the year in the conference... Mishawaka by 2

8 minutes ago, npcougar15 said:

Saw where the Mishawaka coach said the conference is going to count their first round game against Goshen as a conference match-up. So essentially if Warsaw wins 
Mishawaka will have to beat Northridge and Goshen to share the title. 

If this is true, I love it. Great idea in my opinion. The two teams are going to play, and they did not get to play in the regular season. Why not have it count as a conference match-up? Fingers crossed this is true. Common sense to me!

Concord (4-3) @ Warsaw (6-2):  Concord couldn't stop the Raider Offense last week, but had some good deep balls.  Warsaw should be able to run it down their throats all night.   Warsaw by 6

Goshen (1-4) @ Wawasee (2-6):  Not much to say about this one, however I feel like Goshen is better than most recent years.   Goshen by 14

Mishawaka (4-3) @ Northridge (6-1): Very impressive performance last week by the Raiders, but this game will be a different animal.  Last week the game seemed to last forever with all the passing and scoring, not tonight.   Northridge by 1

I will be deplugged these next few days, so early write up for the games this week:

New Prairie (5-4) @ Plymouth (1-5): Not much to talk about here. Glad the Rockies will get in one last game to their season and happy to hear all things seem to be clear with Coach Barron. No reason to think the Cougars don't roll here... New Prairie by 17

Wawasee (3-6) @ NorthWood (3-3): Strange, strange seasons for these two. Wawasee was 1 of 2 (the other Warsaw) NLC schools to play all 9 of their regularly scheduled games. Impressed (?) that the Warriors were finally able to get back into the victory column over Goshen last week. Alas, those feel good feelings will subside by halftime at Andrews Field. Panthers are fresh off a forced bye week after a heck of a battle and victory over Warsaw two weeks ago. No reason to think this game won't go similar to the September 18th matchup... NorthWood by 21

Leo (8-1) @ Northridge (6-2): Tough loss by the Raiders at home last week, but the Cavemen are on a roll. Will Northridge be able to stop their 3rd run dominant team they've faced this year after going 0-2 against Warsaw and Mishawaka? The Lions are a popular "darkhorse" pick in 4A north this year (with most of the conversation being on the 4A south schools, plus Lowell and Hobart). I will be pulling for the Raiders, but my head tells me Leo will grind out a tough victory. Their defense has 5 shutouts on the year, and only once given up more than 14 points this season. That was in their only loss (17-34) to #2/#3 ranked Mooresville on short notice week 2. Only 1 Northeast 8 opponent put up more than a TD against Leo this year, and that was bottom dweller Bellmont. I just do not believe Northridge will be able to score enough points to win the game... Leo by 13

• Like 1

New Prairie (5-4) @ Plymouth (1-5): Glad to see Coach Barron is back to practice and healthy. I can’t imagine the Rockies (otherwise known as Pilgrims) make any noise in this one after being MIA for 3 weeks. New Prairie by 24

Wawasee (3-6) @ NorthWood (3-3): Hoping I don’t fall asleep by halftime at this one. Although Wawasee is coming off a big win last week. Perhaps they have a little more momentum than the Panthers as they had a bye week (due to Plymouth). NorthWood by 34

Leo (8-1) @ Northridge (6-2): Genuinely excited for this one as I’m sure many are. Leo will either win by a landslide or its going to be a toss up in a defensive ball game. Leo by 1 (14-13... Northridge attempts to go for 2 at the end)

Edited by CTP
Typo
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 2:21 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

New Prairie (5-4) @ Plymouth (1-5): Not much to talk about here. Glad the Rockies will get in one last game to their season and happy to hear all things seem to be clear with Coach Barron. No reason to think the Cougars don't roll here... New Prairie by 17

On 10/22/2020 at 9:21 AM, CTP said:

New Prairie (5-4) @ Plymouth (1-5): Glad to see Coach Barron is back to practice and healthy. I can’t imagine the Rockies (otherwise known as Pilgrims) make any noise in this one after being MIA for 3 weeks. New Prairie by 24

You all forgot one thing...The game is played on the field not on paper.  The NIC is weak.  How New Prairie won five games is beyond me.  They showed no toughness and they ran everything wide nothing between the tackles.  They were by far much bigger but they were also much softer.  #7 Reichard is the real deal.  49 carries last night!  With the loss by KV looks like this sectional is wide open.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

You all forgot one thing...The game is played on the field not on paper.  The NIC is weak.  How New Prairie won five games is beyond me.  They showed no toughness and they ran everything wide nothing between the tackles.  They were by far much bigger but they were also much softer.  #7 Reichard is the real deal.  49 carries last night!  With the loss by KV looks like this sectional is wide open.

Top of the NIC is better than the top of the NLC; and that was proven on the field.

NPs 5 wins were against decent competition; nothing notable.

I have to agree with you on the rest of your statements. NP was in the weakest sectional they've probably ever been in and completely shit the bed. They were just plain soft. I really have to question some of the coaching going into this game/sectional. Why in the world would you start a freshman quarterback for the first time??? If it's week 4 or 5 I get, but first round of the sectionals when you are the favorites and you've already beaten 3 teams in that sectional???? come on.

Edited by npcougar15
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 5:18 PM, Plymouthfan91 said:

Very impressed by the Rockies last week! Loved to see it, even if I have disdain in my heart for Plymouth 😉 

Just a quick post for tonight's sectional semi-final round:

Carroll (7-2) @ Warsaw (7-2): The Tiger defense has done well against the pass for the most part this year, but they will see their stiffest challenge with Becker and company. Key to the game will be Warsaw being perfect on offense (no turnovers, no penalties, scoring every drive). They have to control the clock and cannot get in a shootout with Carroll. If they can do this, Bart Ball can win this game... Warsaw by 1

Mishawaka (5-3) @ Goshen (1-5): Long tough season for the Redhawks finally ends tonight. I feel for Goshen (especially their seniors) as they only got to play 6 regular season games. Out of my own curiosity and not insuating that it is, but after 3 straight 1-win seasons (and only 5 wins in the last 4 years), is Coach Park on the hotseat at all? I'm not sure anyone else could do any better... Mishawaka by 28

South Bend Adams (4-5) @ Concord (4-4): Should be an good game for the Channel 46 GOTW. Both teams have had their various highs and lows this season. I'll take the home (and NLC) team... Concord by 7

Plymouth (2-5) @ Culver Academy (4-5): Can the Fighting John Barrons strike again? This one will be tougher on the road, and the Eagles have played extremely well in the month of October. I'll "root" for the Rockies to pull it out again, but again I think the home team wins it... CMA by 7

NorthWood (4-3) @ Leo (9-1): Lots of chatter on other pages picking the Panthers as a trendy upset. If the game was in Nappanee, I'd be more inclined. Should be an old fashioned slobber-knocker... Leo by 2

14 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Plymouth (2-5) @ Culver Academy (4-5): Can the Fighting John Barrons strike again? This one will be tougher on the road, and the Eagles have played extremely well in the month of October. I'll "root" for the Rockies to pull it out again, but again I think the home team wins it... CMA by 7

This game is being played in Plymouth.  CMA isn't allowing opposing schools to bring fans to its "bubble".  So they told the IHSAA they were playing all games on the road.  Will this change your mind?

• Like 1