Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

John Hendryx to Winamac

Welcome home John and Mark!

Its a tough loss for Knox but theyll have 3 REALLY good teams the next 3 years. 

Winamac had a lot of potential this past year but had 5 starters missed a total of 32 1/2 games and had 3 would be starters transferred to Cass, Culver and Somewhere in Texas during the summer.

The last 3 years were tough years but everyone saw that coming...next two years Should be solid. The incoming 5th through 9th classes have potential. 

Its a happy day but tough day for me personally. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

22 minutes ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Welcome home John and Mark!

Its a tough loss for Knox but theyll have 3 REALLY good teams the next 3 years. 

Winamac had a lot of potential this past year but had 5 starters missed a total of 32 1/2 games and had 3 would be starters transferred to Cass, Culver and Somewhere in Texas during the summer.

The last 3 years were tough years but everyone saw that coming...next two years Should be solid. The incoming 5th through 9th classes have potential. 

Its a happy day but tough day for me personally. 

Why?

18 minutes ago, DT said:

Why?

I'm very close to Craig. I didnt like the fact there was two parents that pushed the board to force him out. ..and new coach means it feels like it's rehashing his resignation. 

6 minutes ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

I'm very close to Craig. I didnt like the fact there was two parents that pushed the board to force him out. 

Is it fair to say that the Winamac people were frustrated and disappointed with 3 consecutive 5-6 seasons and general lack of overall program improvement following the ultra successful Roth regime?

Coach Barr has a career record of 57-80, including stops at football powerhouses Bishop Chatard and Winamac.  

Craig Barr record
Year School Won Lost Title
1994 Indianapolis Chatard 6 4  
1995 Indianapolis Chatard 8 4  sectional
2002 Noblesville 4 6  
2003 Noblesville 3 8  
2004 Noblesville 1 9  
2005 Noblesville 3 7  
2006 Noblesville 5 5  
2007 Noblesville 5 6  
2013 Madison-Grant 3 7  
2014 Madison-Grant 4 6  
2017 Winamac 5 6  
2018 Winamac 5 6  
2019 Winamac 5 6  
Edited by DT

18 minutes ago, DT said:

Is it fair to say that the Winamac people were frustrated and disappointed with 3 consecutive 5-6 seasons and general lack of overall program improvement following the ultra successful Roth regime?

Coach Barr has a career record of 57-80, including stops at football powerhouses Bishop Chatard and Winamac.  

Craig Barr record
2002 Noblesville 4 6  
2003 Noblesville 3 8  
2004 Noblesville 1 9  
2005 Noblesville 3 7  
2006 Noblesville 5 5  
2007 Noblesville 5 6  
2013 Madison-Grant 3 7  
2014 Madison-Grant 4 6  
2017 Winamac 5 6  
2018 Winamac 5 6  
2019 Winamac 5 6  

The problem was that some parents didn't want Barr leading the program from day 1. His hiring cleared by 1 school board vote. His firing was mostly political.

Everyone involved with the program knew that the last three years would be tough. This upcoming season was supposed to be bright. I've heard from sources that Barr had made major strides in building the foundation of the program as well and I heard nothing but positive things outside of disgruntled parents whose kids weren't playing enough and etc.

Barr was the head coach at Chatard when they won two state titles, 9 years overall. His record is not 57-80, it is much better, but for some reason Harrell's site doesn't list a coach for several of the years that he coached there.

Edited by AG

55 minutes ago, DT said:

Craig Barr record
2002 Noblesville 4 6  
2003 Noblesville 3 8  
2004 Noblesville 1 9  
2005 Noblesville 3 7  
2006 Noblesville 5 5  
2007 Noblesville 5 6  
2013 Madison-Grant 3 7  
2014 Madison-Grant 4 6  
2017 Winamac 5 6  
2018 Winamac 5 6  
2019 Winamac 5 6  

He was 142-113. 

The 18, the 19 and 20 classes won 2 games combined in middle school. ..both by the 18 class...in 7th grade. 

Ill day 15-18 in 3 years with that group is good...esp a 5-6 with 5 starters missing 32 1/2 games...and 3 more moving away. 

12 hours ago, AG said:

. This upcoming season was supposed to be bright. I've heard from sources that Barr had made major strides in building the foundation of the program as well and I heard nothing but positive things outside of disgruntled parents whose kids weren't playing enough and etc.

Didn't long time successful coach Tim Roth be one to have built the foundation of the program?  

Congrats to Coach Hendryx and welcome him back to Region 4    

16 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Didn't long time successful coach Tim Roth be one to have built the foundation of the program?  

Coach. Instead of discussing that on the forum ill pm you my thoughts. 

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Yes he did, but Coach Barr raised the bar, no pun intended, by adding a weight lifting program using a phone app. It was in the local papers and I liked the idea.

1 hour ago, AG said:

Yes he did, but Coach Barr raised the bar, no pun intended, by adding a weight lifting program using a phone app. It was in the local papers and I liked the idea.

He started the champ club too.

Its sad .. Parents at Winamac want to beat Pioneer bad but Winamac parents won't let their kids get coached or attend weight lifting sessions in morning. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

He started the champ club too.

Its sad .. Parents at Winamac want to beat Pioneer bad but Winamac parents won't let their kids get coached or attend weight lifting sessions in morning. 

The champ club is what I was referring to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duke of Denham said:

Glad Winamac has one of their guys in place.  Maybe they’ll be more patient this time around.  

Im hoping so too.

Not many times you get 2 coaches in a row that have 3 state championships and runner up and 349 wins combined. 

This past year there was a lot of improvement and people that know the game saw it but people that don't know the game couldn't see it...and those parents are the ones that got Craig the boot.